I have been using Sony Xperia Z Ultra for about 2 months now, earlier I had iPhone 5 & Note 2 (I loved my Note 2 more than any smart phones I have ever used before Z Ultra) but again how long you can use one phone, so planned to sold both and moved to this beauty Sony Xperia Z Ultra and guys I am not at all disappointed, awesome display and superfast with decent battery though I agree Flash LED is missing and camera could have been better but there are some internal settings in camera which can make pics more crisp and clear. (Regarding Flash LED, I recently bought one very very small torch (Keychain) which is always with me and very easy to use it while taking pictures in night and I only paid Rs. 150/- (less than $3) ... lol.
I bought this phone off someone else. Had been waiting to see it. Not available in Nigeria. I am really liking and enjoying it as every day passes (no diminishing returns here yet. lol!!). A bit bulky and certainly gets me noticed but I love it's display and speed. The clarity of pictures and multimedia experience is matched by none I know so far. We all should get 1... but then, it wouldn't feel exclusive anymore now, would it?
- Contrary to what a lot of users might say; this phone has a good battery (great as a term doesn't exist, unless you own a nokia 3300) and is highly subjective and varies from user to user and the usage.
- The phone has a few issues with the screen reacting weirdly if your finger tips have water on them. Best you can do is to place a screen cover on top and you can use a pencil as a stylus as well without worrying about the permanent scratches.
- The UI is closer to the vanilla experience but is smooth.
- Watching a movie on this is equivalent to watching on a big screen or tablet without the bulk you need to place on your laps...the phone being extra light...
- I moved to this phone from Samsung and miss the following; a bright/vibrant screen, a LED flash, and a somewhat low speaker output.
- And I took pics at close to 6 PM waist deep in open sea without worrying about the phone getting wet...though they say not to submerge the phone in salt water...went kayaking with the phone in my pocket...couldn't have done it with any other phone in my pockets...
- All in all, a very good phone with a plethora options for improvement.
For those who haven't use this phone, as a user of Xperia Z Ultra I think the battery is quite good. I came from Note 2 and I'm not really disappointed with this. The standby time is actually very amazing when I see there's only slight battery drop over the night. The camera isn't good, so bear in mind if anyone plans to get one. However, I can't find any other devices that provide equal speed/perfomance in such sleek design.
pjvenner, 17 Nov 2013What were Sony thinking of when they decided to implement a fixed battery? Most people will bu... moreexcept having a non removable battery means its covered by warranty for any battery faults.. so mayne it wasnt such a bad idea by sony
i like to consider buy one but 2 issues that concern me from some reviews :
1/ by using normal pencil as stylus , even under normal use one will leave permanent scratches on this plastic shatter proof coating >coatings I assume on top of the front and back glass panel
2/ normal wiping on this coating sheet (which I do everyday with alcohol) will make it fade or have some permanent smudge mark of some sorts , and if owners remove or replace this coating sheet with a screen protector , not only will you lose the sony logo that comes with the coating sheet but may also void the warranty
any input guys ?
Now many people DO carry a powerbank around if they own a smartphone... Right? Buy one powerbank that has torchlight...problem solved
What were Sony thinking of when they decided to implement a fixed battery? Most people will buy these on 2 year contracts and by the time they get their next upgrade this phone will be near the end of it's useful life severely diminishing the resale value (unless somebody finds a way to hack it & keep the waterproofing intact).
very bad camera need to download application to use 8M but steel very bad & mobile can't make SIM video call
mike, 16 Nov 2013why they dont put up a flash is beyond me ? any idea or wild guess folks? i mean even with HDR... moreI put my brightness in 100%
it has a gigantic screen to light up my way
Lol!! at your statement... instead you put some stupid scenario, dont buy it as simple as that
why they dont put up a flash is beyond me ? any idea or wild guess folks? i mean even with HDR or superior auto , there are times u r in a totally dark situation and wanna take a shot ? how about finding your way to your parked car in the middle of a moon-less night in need of a torch , so then what and how ?
whoever opted for this omission shud be fired......
name me another smartphone that is as well built and stylish as Ultra .....not to mention it has 3 world records on being the thinnest , biggest , and waterproof ...they say size is an issue when phablets were out started on 5inch , now the same people will say 5 inch is too small .....these days smartphone has more functions than any gadgets we ever own or will own and size does matter , soon we all will rather have a phone sticks out our jeans in return for more enjoyable visual sensation .....