- Contrary to what a lot of users might say; this phone has a good battery (great as a term doesn't exist, unless you own a nokia 3300) and is highly subjective and varies from user to user and the usage.
- The phone has a few issues with the screen reacting weirdly if your finger tips have water on them. Best you can do is to place a screen cover on top and you can use a pencil as a stylus as well without worrying about the permanent scratches.
- The UI is closer to the vanilla experience but is smooth.
- Watching a movie on this is equivalent to watching on a big screen or tablet without the bulk you need to place on your laps...the phone being extra light...
- I moved to this phone from Samsung and miss the following; a bright/vibrant screen, a LED flash, and a somewhat low speaker output.
- And I took pics at close to 6 PM waist deep in open sea without worrying about the phone getting wet...though they say not to submerge the phone in salt water...went kayaking with the phone in my pocket...couldn't have done it with any other phone in my pockets...
- All in all, a very good phone with a plethora options for improvement.
For those who haven't use this phone, as a user of Xperia Z Ultra I think the battery is quite good. I came from Note 2 and I'm not really disappointed with this. The standby time is actually very amazing when I see there's only slight battery drop over the night. The camera isn't good, so bear in mind if anyone plans to get one. However, I can't find any other devices that provide equal speed/perfomance in such sleek design.
pjvenner, 17 Nov 2013What were Sony thinking of when they decided to implement a fixed battery? Most people will bu... moreexcept having a non removable battery means its covered by warranty for any battery faults.. so mayne it wasnt such a bad idea by sony
i like to consider buy one but 2 issues that concern me from some reviews :
1/ by using normal pencil as stylus , even under normal use one will leave permanent scratches on this plastic shatter proof coating >coatings I assume on top of the front and back glass panel
2/ normal wiping on this coating sheet (which I do everyday with alcohol) will make it fade or have some permanent smudge mark of some sorts , and if owners remove or replace this coating sheet with a screen protector , not only will you lose the sony logo that comes with the coating sheet but may also void the warranty
any input guys ?
Now many people DO carry a powerbank around if they own a smartphone... Right? Buy one powerbank that has torchlight...problem solved
What were Sony thinking of when they decided to implement a fixed battery? Most people will buy these on 2 year contracts and by the time they get their next upgrade this phone will be near the end of it's useful life severely diminishing the resale value (unless somebody finds a way to hack it & keep the waterproofing intact).
very bad camera need to download application to use 8M but steel very bad & mobile can't make SIM video call
mike, 16 Nov 2013why they dont put up a flash is beyond me ? any idea or wild guess folks? i mean even with HDR... moreI put my brightness in 100%
it has a gigantic screen to light up my way
Lol!! at your statement... instead you put some stupid scenario, dont buy it as simple as that
why they dont put up a flash is beyond me ? any idea or wild guess folks? i mean even with HDR or superior auto , there are times u r in a totally dark situation and wanna take a shot ? how about finding your way to your parked car in the middle of a moon-less night in need of a torch , so then what and how ?
whoever opted for this omission shud be fired......
name me another smartphone that is as well built and stylish as Ultra .....not to mention it has 3 world records on being the thinnest , biggest , and waterproof ...they say size is an issue when phablets were out started on 5inch , now the same people will say 5 inch is too small .....these days smartphone has more functions than any gadgets we ever own or will own and size does matter , soon we all will rather have a phone sticks out our jeans in return for more enjoyable visual sensation .....
shan, 06 Nov 2013mkv fil notwarkingYou need a third party app for that.
steven, 14 Nov 2013I love sony mobiles because they have the worst battery life in the mobile industry and they n... moreBattery life... You simply have no life, do you? Trolling around, posting craps. The Z Ultra has incredible battery life. It only needs to be charged AT LEAST TWICE per day with HEAVY use. Regarding the flash, yes it may be a letdown for some. But, tell me how many out there take pictures with their LED flash on? LED flash is always used as a torch light rather than a light source for low light photos.
I love sony mobiles because they have the worst battery life in the mobile industry and they now made it more complicated by making their device non removeable battery. Keep it up sony. I prefer the new nexus 7 than to buy this expensive trash with low battery life and no flash.. I love this device because it is a good way to waste money.. good job sony.
It has been a long time i dident enjoy that much in myphone ,usualy u change alot of phones ,but the Ultra Z simply wonderfull,i sugess this phone to everybody if they dont have a problem with the size . Go go Sony Ultra Z