sunilgupta, 28 Feb 2015Worst phone & company
manufacturing defected phone
sold at 1/3 of price which got damag... moreHello Bro. Best policy with every phone is take a good insurance cover. I am using it past two months and it has survived five massive drops without a scratch on it. That speaks of its sturdiness. I believe the glass cracking on its own could be because of sudden difference in temperature like from extremely hot weather to extremely cold weather or vice versa. for a costly mobile one should go for insurance cover. It would cost hardly 1500 to 2000 per annum but can save your 20000.
From next time always choose a good insurance cover for any phone.
vishwas, 02 Mar 2015Hi
I m a bit confused what should i buy xperia z ultra or samsung galaxy s4 . Both are in th... moreHello Bro. Better set your priorities clear. Let me list pros and cons for Z ultra. may be it will make things easier for you.
1) Awesome triluminous sony display which produces natural colors.
2) Beasty processor. 2.2 ghz qualcomm snapdragon 800 processor might be a bit old but trust me there is no app or game that can choke this beast up.
3) 2GB RAM helps in seemless multitasking.
4) 16 GB internal memory is pretty good.
5) Build quality of phone is really awesome.
6) Super slim profile.
7) Magnetic charger charges battery really fast. Get a docking charger and see movies in full hd.
8) Though battery sounds puny but lasts easily for 12 to 15 hours under medium to light use.
9) Waterproof uptil 1.5 mts of fresh water for 30 minutes.
10) The viewing angles of the phone is pretty good.
11) Even playing hd games for an hour the phone doesn't gets overheated.
12) Lollypop update round the corner. could be announced anytime.
1) Pathetic camera. Both front and rear cameras are horrible. If camera is your primary need don't even think of buying Z ultra.
2) Too big to handle. It is 6.44" LCD so its damn big to carry.
3) The speaker to hear voice of phone is very bad quality. if you are in heavy traffic don't expect you will be able to hear what other side person is telling. better use the head phones.
4) Bundled ear phones are not upto the mark.
5) The phone is finger print magnet because of glassy finish but then that's its beauty too.
6) You cannot moves apps to SD card so everything you have to install in internal memory only.
7) One huge stupidity by Sony is that the task killer cannot kill all apps at once. you have to slide and kill apps one by one.
8) No LED flash at back. I feel like laughing as to how desperate sony was to make this phone a disaster in terms of photography capabilities. first of all the camera sensor is bad and to make things from worse to worst there is no LED flash.
9) Many people have complained about the glass cracking on its own owing to heat and cold difference effect and sony doesn't covers that under warranty so better will be you get a insurance cover like me so that if any thing goes wrong i can claim through insurance.
I hope these facts will help you decide in a easier way whether this should be your next phone or not.
Ashraf , 02 Mar 2015I'm using z ultra for 15 days. I bought this phone after doing huge study for a month. I read ... moreI am using Z Ultra past two months and Agree that the camera of Z ultra is a utter disappointment. This phone is surely not a camera phone, its more of a entertainment media phone.
I can bet S4 cannot beat it in terms of gaming and entertainment experience. Plus Super amoled screens seem to over saturate colors, if you keep even S5 near to this phone this phone's natural color just wins heart.
But then some people like over saturated color so i cannot comment on that.
Regarding sensors I haven't encountered a single issue related to any of the sensors so i am completely satisfied by this beast and plus in terms of build quality S4 seems like a shithole. I hope you understand the difference between plastic and alluminium. Plus the Asahi dragontail glass covering over entire phone makes it super stylish and premium.
No matter you pack mega or ultra pixels in a phone still the DSLR or Point and shoot cameras are no match so don't hate a phone for its camera if it has tons of features for you. and if you really wanted a camera then you should have gone for Xperia Z1,Z2 or Z3. No samsung phone can match their camera and performance.
dlan26, 03 Mar 2015im getting the Z Ultra, but my only worry is the move to SD function, I knw the Z Ultra doesnt... moreHello Bro. As you know the phone doesn't have move2sd card feature so buy carefully as sooner or later the internal memory is going to sound puny. Currently rooting procedure for Kitkat is very complex and unreliable so we can't even use link2sd software to use a partition on sd card.
I would suggest if you want good gaming performance with ability to shift games to sd card better try LG G2 Pro.
ITs a really good phone i resigned that this phone doesnt have flash but all other specifications are pretty nice :D the screen is absolutely gorgeous the snapdragon 800 chipset is good enough to run massive 3d games without lagg and its waterproof :D I recommend it :D
im getting the Z Ultra, but my only worry is the move to SD function, I knw the Z Ultra doesnt have one. What would the best solution to this. I a heavy gamer I prefer 3D games.
Also does the Z Ultra upgradable to Lollipop?
Can I buy this phone as most of reviews are positive only problem is flash but I think other features are awesome 2GBP ram,2.2GBP processor and main thing 6.4 huge full Hz screen..
vishwas, 02 Mar 2015Hi
I m a bit confused what should i buy xperia z ultra or samsung galaxy s4 . Both are in th... moreI'm using z ultra for 15 days. I bought this phone after doing huge study for a month. I read thousands of opinion and go through many sites to understand this phone. Everyone said the low light photography is bad and the daylight photography is not that bad. Everyone praised about all other features of z ultra such as the display, gaming, browsing, processors speed ( really very fast), keyboard, battery (not best but can't be defeated by S4) and obviously the design (way better than S4) that I agree with them. The only one point by which I don't agree with them is the camera. You believe or not in night it behaves exactly like a vga camera and in daylight it's not that a quality too. My room is a 10x10' and enlightened by a 4' fluorescent tube. There is no image stabilization. All the focused images are blinking severely and the captured image is blurry and faded. It will make you happy in daylight photography until you zoom your captured image. The image gets blurred as early as you start zooming.
So if you buy a z ultra, you better set your mind as like z ultra doesn't have any camera. If you don't care about a camera then must go for z ultra. One more information for you that the S4 is miles ahead than z ultra by its sensors.
vishwas, 02 Mar 2015Hi I m a bit confused what should i buy xperia z ultra or samsung galaxy s4 . Both are in th... moreIt depends on what you ned from phone.Both are great.If you play games,surf dont care abouth camera and size of phone choose z ultra because battery life
I m a bit confused what should i buy xperia z ultra or samsung galaxy s4 . Both are in the same range 15k - 20k and my budget is that only. Plss help me out. ??
no dude, it not, it's just not, quit brainwashing people to buy that outdated garbage
Anonymous, 26 Feb 2015Is Xperia Z Ultra come with IPS screen because other sites says it is TFT screen? Thinking of ... moreHello Bro.
The phone has a TFT display. you can even check on Sony's website. but its viewing angles are pretty good. be rest assured you gonna love its display for its crisp and real colors, but yes if you like over saturated colors like samsung's super amoled screen then this is not the phone for you.
I know that there is no flash bt is it gud for gaming i just want an anroid phn for games
Be wise to read about it on other sites also before buying it.