Cooldude, 25 Mar 2013Thanks for your response!
But I find most of your views being based on subjective perception ... moreSir, hats off to your politeness! It's very rare these days.
Thanks for the review. Will be buying the white Xperia ZL this weekend!
sony its a wrong step to go without the water proof option . please do something for the same.
Shail0101, 25 Mar 2013Hi Mobgamer,
How were you able to make i iremote learning feature work. When i do the manua... moreHi - on I have tried to use the manual setup again and below are my observations-
1) worked on my old Panasonic crt tv
2) worked on my dad's videocon LCD tv
3) dis not work on my big tv stb
4) did not work on my whirlpool window ac (just thot I wud give it a try)
So it does seem a bit sketchy- will try more and let u know. I think the best use of this remote for me wud be to have profiles for a/c - wud explore more and update if I crack this.
Wow so many commenting about differenece between z and ZL...tnx guys...ive dcided to buy ZL...
Anonymous, 24 Mar 2013Appreciate your views, but the disadvantage is more than just waterproofing.
- Its much thi... moreThanks for your response!
But I find most of your views being based on subjective perception than objectivity.
For instance, looks are a matter of subjective preference. To say Z is better looking, I would say yes, but only in ads & posters. In hand ZL looks much better (but that's me, coz I don't like slippery glossy back on the Z which easily gets dirty, not to mention the uncomfortable grip in hand). I went to buy Z but got the ZL instead coz of the advantages I've already mentioned in my previous post.
About the narrower bezel & front camera placement : The bezel is narrower from top & bottom compared to Z than from sides, so no such issues that u mention. And the camera placement is weird, I agree, but no issues as u can always turn the phone upside down. And, I hope u know the infamous position of the internal speakers on the Z prone to be masked (if held in right hand), leading to further decrease in vol. (being already low thanks to waterproofing film). And those cumbersome flaps all over the connectors even over the 3.5mm headphone jack, add to its disadvantage. Also, more people report Z to be heating up than ZL, again probably due to waterproofing film & slimmer build.
I also agree that water resistance in Z is an important feature. But I chose ZL over Z because I can't trade portability, better sound, brighter screen (calibration software out of the box), physical camera button (for faster camera launch from sleep), IR remote, barometer sensor & attractive looks (due to unique comet tail led at bottom which changes colour acc. to display theme/wallpaper, but that's my opinion) just for enhanced water/dust resistance. To, better understand what I say, u really need to go and have a look at both Z& ZL in person (if available at local stores). That is what I did.
About phone falling in gutters or water, I've never been that unlucky so far. And remember, even Z can't guarantee water resistance beyond 1 meter (for 30 min), let alone waterproofing. I've also read a member at xda having water damage on his Z.
So, it all comes down to one's own preference whether to go for Z or ZL. Thanks for taking time to read this.
mobgamer have some confusion as learning is not working at all on any xzl, i tried it with all posble ways but its not working
mobgamer, 21 Mar 2013Congrats on ur purchase shail, I too have zl and loving every bit of it. The manual learning f... moreHi Mobgamer,
How were you able to make i iremote learning feature work. When i do the manual setup keys are getting learnt but when i try to use it never functions. I tried with different remote. One of my Aiwa TV. One of my IPAD DOck but no remote could work after learning. Normal standard inbuilt modles work fine. Can yiu help ???
When can we be able to have a look on the camera quality and loudspeaker quality because it taking ages????????
Anonymous, 24 Mar 2013Appreciate your views, but the disadvantage is more than just waterproofing. - Its much thi... moreAnd then twice in the last few years people stepped out of my car with their phone on their lap, and you know whatis very often on the passenger side of a parked car?? Yes, theres a gutter. And you know tropical climate is wet, with frequent rainshowers and typhoon seasons? Both times the phones landed in the gutter, in water. I think i go for water proof then? Actually i already did, had a Z for a few weeks already and loving it.
Cooldude, 23 Mar 2013ZL is better than Z in all respects except for the water resistance.
1. Camera sensor &... moreAppreciate your views, but the disadvantage is more than just waterproofing.
- Its much thicker, thats NOT good.
- Yes ZL is smaller, but theres a price for that, despite what recent phone fashion tells us the thin bezels is not only a good thing. Accidental touches from your palms could be a problem.
- Front cam is not the same, the placement is horrible, and i know from experience because i had a Nokia N9. It does not boil down to personal preference, its undeniable bad. Try it.
- ZL looks ok (in front) but most will say the Z is far more stylish, i do not understand how anyone could say the ZL looks better.
- The looks from the rear is ruined by the ugly hatch.
- Hope the lower price was worth it the day you drop it in a water pit or whatever. Some suggest that toilets are killing more phones than water pits, i find that hard to believe but then again i know a girl who dropped 2 phones in the toilet just in the last 2 years, and she was drunk only the first time. So maybe its a problem for girls, mostly.
Guys, did you update the new firmware available for Xperia ZL?? If yes, then what changes did you notice?
Malaysia official selling MYR1899 now
Best mobile from Sony...Everything a mobile geek required. love the camera...