mobgamer have some confusion as learning is not working at all on any xzl, i tried it with all posble ways but its not working
mobgamer, 21 Mar 2013Congrats on ur purchase shail, I too have zl and loving every bit of it. The manual learning f... moreHi Mobgamer,
How were you able to make i iremote learning feature work. When i do the manual setup keys are getting learnt but when i try to use it never functions. I tried with different remote. One of my Aiwa TV. One of my IPAD DOck but no remote could work after learning. Normal standard inbuilt modles work fine. Can yiu help ???
When can we be able to have a look on the camera quality and loudspeaker quality because it taking ages????????
Anonymous, 24 Mar 2013Appreciate your views, but the disadvantage is more than just waterproofing. - Its much thi... moreAnd then twice in the last few years people stepped out of my car with their phone on their lap, and you know whatis very often on the passenger side of a parked car?? Yes, theres a gutter. And you know tropical climate is wet, with frequent rainshowers and typhoon seasons? Both times the phones landed in the gutter, in water. I think i go for water proof then? Actually i already did, had a Z for a few weeks already and loving it.
Cooldude, 23 Mar 2013ZL is better than Z in all respects except for the water resistance.
1. Camera sensor &... moreAppreciate your views, but the disadvantage is more than just waterproofing.
- Its much thicker, thats NOT good.
- Yes ZL is smaller, but theres a price for that, despite what recent phone fashion tells us the thin bezels is not only a good thing. Accidental touches from your palms could be a problem.
- Front cam is not the same, the placement is horrible, and i know from experience because i had a Nokia N9. It does not boil down to personal preference, its undeniable bad. Try it.
- ZL looks ok (in front) but most will say the Z is far more stylish, i do not understand how anyone could say the ZL looks better.
- The looks from the rear is ruined by the ugly hatch.
- Hope the lower price was worth it the day you drop it in a water pit or whatever. Some suggest that toilets are killing more phones than water pits, i find that hard to believe but then again i know a girl who dropped 2 phones in the toilet just in the last 2 years, and she was drunk only the first time. So maybe its a problem for girls, mostly.
Guys, did you update the new firmware available for Xperia ZL?? If yes, then what changes did you notice?
Malaysia official selling MYR1899 now
Best mobile from Sony...Everything a mobile geek required. love the camera...
CroPro13, 22 Mar 2013The xperia Z is a bit better,and a bitt bigger.
Has a better front cam,and a bit better pixel... moreZL is better than Z in all respects except for the water resistance.
1. Camera sensor & resolution are same (for both Z & ZL). 13MP rear & 2mp front with full hd video on both. ZL has physical camera shutter which can launch camera app faster from sleep. Don't go just by this website specs (they have errors).
2. Both have same 5" full hd screen, only ZL is more compact & comfortable for one hand use & has screen calibration software inbuilt. Many (at xda) claim ZL screen to have better contrast & viewing angles than Z.
3. ZL has louder internal speakers (& some report louder headphone vol. too, not sure).
4. ZL has IR sensor (remote control app) but Z doesn't.
5. Rest of the hardware (& software) is essentially the same.
6. Design & looks: I prefer the look of ZL as its smaller with narrower bezel & the led at bottom looks more attractive. I also find the textured back of black ZL to give a better feel than flat glossy back of Z. But thats only one's own subjective opinion.
7. Price: ZL is bit cheaper than Z, which is a plus.
I have on question for you. Have the ZL phone better camera?
Sorry for my English, I'm beginner...
guys it comes with attractive price tag of just 27000rs . which is 10000 less than that og original z.
Razor, 21 Mar 2013Plz help....What is the difference between xperia Z & xperia ZL? The xperia Z is a bit better,and a bitt bigger.
Has a better front cam,and a bit better pixel "rate".
The only difference is in the camera button :)
Razor, 21 Mar 2013Plz help....What is the difference between xperia Z & xperia ZL? Z is water and dust resistant. Not ZL
ZL have Infrared sensor. You can use your phone as remote controller to operate your TV and other electronic equipments. Z don't have IR sensor.
ZL have slightly higher capacity battery.
Z have both side glass body but ZL have rubberized back which will give a good grip.
ZL is small in size but thicker than Z.
Z have USB On the go. ZL don't have [I am not much sure about this. May be it can be enabled later with software]
ZL have dedicated camera capture button but Z don't have.
Rest all I think the same