prime2013, 17 Mar 2013I asked the guy at Sony outlet and told me it's not coming to SG, disappointed i left. Sony sh... moreWTF! seriously!!! that is such disappointment man! anyway thanks for the info... guess i shall wait for the HTC One and do a final comparison with the Z and S4...
iman, 16 Mar 2013i love sony... but why the built in battery? i'm thinking to have this zl or z, but when i kne... moreLol.. U been living in yesteryear, do u buy a few battery & replace it daily ? Or u have a habit or taken out the battery for fun ? Nowadays people use external battery as back up, at most the battery is replaced once a year, since u r going to buy the battery from SC/Dealer, might as well let them help u to replace it that all.
mm, 17 Mar 2013whats the point of using infrared port on this phone and on android????? It is not infra red port like you found in old phones from 2003-2004 for transferring data. The ZL has IR remote, with certain apps. you can use the phone as universal remote control for your electronic home equipments.
mobgamer, 17 Mar 2013Hi- thx for reading my review. The xzl feels a tad heavier than an Xperia p and felt almost sa... moreIt does not feel heavy at all- in fact for its size it ends up feeling just about right(slightly light too)
Anonymous, 17 Mar 2013thanx for the review.... at first i was in doubt whether to buy zl or s3.... but from your rev... moreHi- thx for reading my review. The xzl feels a tad heavier than an Xperia p and felt almost same weight as a note/note2.
charlesYG, 17 Mar 2013any1 knows when is availability of the ZL in Singapore?I asked the guy at Sony outlet and told me it's not coming to SG, disappointed i left. Sony should have released Z and ZL side by side so people have an option. I would choose ZL as it is sorter and narrower than all of the 2013 flagships,it will be comfortable with one hand usage, plus the camera button. And it's cheaper than the XZ.
please say which is best in these two. Samsung S3 or Sony xperia ZL. and why the one u selected is best. please suggest me.
crazyfists, 17 Mar 2013thanks for an hnest review..just wanna ask about the weight of the device does it felt like heavy?i had a hand on this... the design, the screen for me its perfect.... gonna have this.....
mobgamer, 16 Mar 2013Bought this phone on the 12th. Quick review on usage so far: 1) Display - simply stunning, th... morethanx for the review.... at first i was in doubt whether to buy zl or s3.... but from your review, i cant wait to own the phone....
mobgamer, 16 Mar 2013Bought this phone on the 12th. Quick review on usage so far: 1) Display - simply stunning, th... morethanks for an hnest review..just wanna ask about the weight of the device does it felt like heavy?
Bought this phone on the 12th. Quick review on usage so far:
1) Display - simply stunning, the best I have seen so far. true the viewing angles are a bit off but not bad at all. in fact I realized I never watch my phone in an angle other than head on- but checked it out only since it was mentioned in reviews. The colors simply are the best I have seen and contrast is quite good too. I have used a galaxy note and an iPhone 4 and was a bit worried after reading a few reviews but now I am very satisfied. In fact had a video shoot out for a 720p video (oblivion trailer) with a note2- and the winner was clearly the ZL. The difference in screen size is almost insignificant. I will write in detail about the display later as there is so much more to talk.
2) Battery (stamina mode)- 100% charge at 6am - normal day- 25mins of calls, 40mins watched videos, 30-40mins of browsing(WiFi and 3G), 30-40mins of messaging and mail, 20-25mins Google play, 20mins gaming(asphalt7), 20-30mins misc. = ended the day with about 46% charge at 11:30pm. (I don't think I will be using my phone for 3hrs every day - this is only in the beginning :-) need to use my nexus 7 as well from time to time so that it doesn't feel left out) - big plus to stamina mode
3) Performance - normal operation- with a quad core processor u wud expect lag free but I did feel slight lag from simply scrolling the home screen- this can be attributed to custom ui and frankly I have seen this on almost all android handsets except the nexus devices which don't have any lag even on dual core processors. In fact the lag vanished on my old note when I rooted and loaded a custom ROM on it. This lag is insignificant and 90% of people won't be able to notice it- only maybe the ones who have used an iPhone - which funnily shows some lag when it is rooted.
4) Performance - games - simply a beauty - zero lag and excellent load times - faster than note and iphone4 - tested asphalt7. Also remember this phone is displaying 1080p so it is amazing that it manages to run significantly faster. It is also slightly faster than note 2 - though not by much.
5) Camera - quite good. The best in outdoor shots and pretty good at indoor shots. Colors are quite good and realistic- I am not a fan of camera on a phone but I like the camera on my old iPhone 4 and now this.
6) Audio - I felt it was a bit low on volume at first but after using it for last 4 days it does not seem inadequate at all - the volume is slightly lower than my note but the audio is much clearer and very pleasant to hear. The stock earphones are quite good too.
Overall very satisfied with the phone - and as a plus the design feels quite good too - IMHO best smart phone have had the joy of owning but this is purely personal preference. I chose this over the Z as this is easier to hold with a curved back.
Sony thank you for giving us 2hrs more talk time than the current gold standards from 2 top ranked smart phones, the iPhone 5 and Galaxy SIII
Personally I live in the 21st century with power outlets in my house, car and at work and 8hrs would have been plenty, as it was for the majority of the world who thought the iPhone 5 and Galaxy SIII were the best phones ever up until 3 months ago!
seems this phone offers with a good price at high end specs and better quality.
battery isn't that annoying for me, unless you're going to talk to a person 10 hours straight.
the best thing here is the standby time which seems the battery won't drain that much. thanks to Sony's software to disable some unused applications.
i love sony... but why the built in battery? i'm thinking to have this zl or z, but when i knew the battery is built in, i had cancelled to buy sony....
Skyguy 7567, 01 Mar 2013Note: Very long passages below, very detailed 'speech' of the differences between the two phon... moreSuperb review Skyguy. It perfectly sums everything. And Xperia ZL is no way lesser than the Z.
Its pity though that no LTE is released for either. Only C6502 and C6602 :(.