3rd class hoplesss & unexpected service from Sony
My friend buy this phone within 2 month facing problem regarding charging & now from 1 month in service center & now they r saying that phone is nonrepairable & they r giving used z1 phone
Please don't go for Sony unexpected service
Anonymous, 31 Jul 2014sony xperia z or zl? Which is goodBoth are Excellent SONY cells!
Just updated my 1 year ZL to Kitkat (US version) , rooted the phone and have total contol of its settings. All I can say is, everything looks good. I changed my old problematic battery to a new one, wipe everything after update, delete any battery stats, charged it to 100%, let it discharged to 0,and fully charged it again, the battery lasts 1.5 days on normal use. I use microcpu monitor to monitor cpu activities and when it's idle, it uses less cpu power at its lowest clock speed. So, no heat issue. I believe my LG G2 F320K gets jealous with my ZL's new UI look :)
Does anyone have a problem wid the Ir remote? Mine doesn't seem to work properly after the update.please help
Fre_D, 27 Jul 2014I have a SONY Xperia ZL,that has 2 issues: 1. whenever I re-charge it,the charging frequentl... moreNo explained if SONY checked the device, since this not credible info. since I doubt they said its normal!
Fre_D, 27 Jul 2014I have a SONY Xperia ZL,that has 2 issues: 1. whenever I re-charge it,the charging frequentl... morereinstall everything, for this you can, "factory reset" or use sony pc software, and "repair", it should reinstall the android, and you will have to reinstall everything, once your phone is ready to boot, set your accounts and all, but DISABLE the syncing options, so it doesn't keep syncing. the problem you mention can only happen when you have installed apps that sync continuously, it can also happen when using MHL, to stream video on a TV or something like that, so as you don't really know what is draining your battery, the best thing to do is reinstall everything
Today i got a small update on xperia Zl 10.5.A.0.230 it's about 200 kb and i have already updated it to kitkat
I have a SONY Xperia ZL,that has 2 issues:
1. whenever I re-charge it,the charging frequently stops without completing,& the message says "battery charging stops because of using the power more than re-charging" but whenever I check my mobile I always find that there are no more applications open and the display lights is almost off.
2. The battery is overheating more than the usual, I am afraid it may blast while charging, even if I have remove it from the charger, i would not be able to use the mobile unit for about 10 to 15 minutes , because it is very hot and may burn my face,also I cannot even kept it inside my pants pocket i am wearing because of so much heat.
Please advise if it is repairable, because I went to SONY Barrak Company in Kuwait, they said it is normal and they dont even wanted to check it.
I just bought the unit in CARREFOUR last 6-Jul-14, I went to CARREFOUR and complain about it on 14, but they told me to go to SONY repairshop,when I went to SONY barrak repairshop someone just look and said it is normal,when I went back to CARREFOUR on 20-Jul-14,they said to go to WAHRAN Trading. But WAHRAN trading Product Manager named Mohammed Attay told me last 26-Jul-14 to go to SONY repairshop in BehBehhani again,(I never noticed it was the same place where I had been )so went back to CARREFOUR again and let them give it to SONY Barrak repairshop,actually I bought the mobile for only 90 KD, but the money I consumed for TAXI transportation going back &forth is already KD 20/- it is terrible.Also the mobile as I have been informed has to be kept with SONY Barrak repairshop for 30 days .
If ever they can't solve the problem of my Xperia can they change it with other Sony Xperia even if I add an extra amount.(I like Sony Xperia very much but I cant use this mobile with built in heater.)
Please advise what is the best thing to do,incase ..
Thomas, 26 Jul 2014I've had this device for about 6 months. I got it from Wind Mobile. What is my experience with... moreAbout performance issue. Try backup all your file and data and reset the phone. After reset the performance will be better than before. And try clear the processes that you're not using in the ram to increase performance.
For heating. I played the game asphalt 8. The picture quality I put high your phone will get to 43- 46 Celsius very quickly. All those graphics actually some how unnecessary. So I turn it to low quality resolution. And I get to play all the time non stop and only reaches 40- 43+ Celsius
Well. These are my experience. You can try it on yours. Good luck
Thomas, 26 Jul 2014I've had this device for about 6 months. I got it from Wind Mobile. What is my experience with... moreARe you having a service issues since we updated to kitkat and No Problems. Never even heard of that wireless company???
I've had this device for about 6 months. I got it from Wind Mobile. What is my experience with it?
- Call quality: very good. I actually have to ask the other side to make some background sound often because it is so quiet that it feels like there is no one on the other side. That are a ZL to another ZL calls.
- Performance: Everything was 'okay' until I updated to KitKat. The OS started lagging and chrome is taking time to load. Skype is taking several seconds to load too. I wish I did not upgrade the firmware but it is too late. The keyboard now is loading slowly. I can't stand the lag. I turned off the animation from the developer's menu, I cleared the cache with various apps but nothing seems to be working 100%.
- Battery life: Medium use messaging and emails (just checking them) it drains 60% of the battery. Charging it everyday has become a habit, so I am not complaining that much.
- Camera: the camera is nice. It takes great pictures. There are some issues with it tho. For example, if you take a photo, while it looks to be in the correct direction, if you email it from the phone to someone, it appears that the photo is turned left. I know you could rotate photos in windows, but this should not be an issue in a first place coming from an OS that's been so long on the market. Another issue I encountered is that if you copy/paste photos to the Android folder from your backed up photo folder, it will mess up with the phone so that every image you try to assign to a contact is turned left. It is annoying but a firmware reset fixes it.
- Heating: the phone becomes hot at some point. That happens usually when playing games or flash videos online.
- Built: I dropped it at least twice on a carpet and face down on the ground and it's fine for now.
- Coverage: I am with Wind Mobile, so my coverage is limited initially. I can't comment on that.
- WiFi and BT: they seem to be working fine
- OS issues: as I said above in the performance section, it is the OS that makes the phone sluggish and lagging.
I am considering getting a different phone with Windows OS or Blackberry. Unfortunately, Windows OS and Blackberry have their own set of software problems. I am not getting an iPhone as I can't afford 1st. the device itself 2nd. the expensive apps.
I hope this helped to those who consider purchasing this device. I would not recommend it to other ppl.