ray, 05 Dec 2013Yes u can. Just search the thread on xda. Upgrade using flashtool. Because 4.2.2 not release y... moreFirst of all..the viewing angles are not so bad,and second..its not a big deal at all..you are face 2 face with the screen at 90% of the time (:
AnonD-211804, 04 Dec 2013hey im zr user from malaysia too,can you update to 4.2.2. cuz i cant....Yes u can. Just search the thread on xda. Upgrade using flashtool. Because 4.2.2 not release yet in malaysia. U can download .ftf files from other country. Firstly makes sure all the drivers install properly to prevent failure during flashing. However i think 4.2.2 for zr is such a minor update better stick with 4.1.2. Battery life seems to be worse after upgrading. But,its up to u. Just giving my opinion. Have been using xperia zr nearly a month. So far, the performance is really great. Not to much laging. No overheat issue. The one thing that really bother me is the display. Though the higher ppi makes picture looks good but,the viewing angle is sucks!! Please sony. Dont makes your phones look cheap.Because display is everything!!!
AnonD-159403, 05 Dec 2013Great to be a Zr owner. No probs at all. Has anyone rooted? coz the internal memory is too low... moreSure bro,You can root your phone using Vroot.Google it and download it.It has great features too.Its a noobfriendly program - 2clicks and ur ready to go.
can anyone tell me how to install BB10 launcher in ZR,
which is download from google play. As per app it is saying go to preference and set the theme, but there is no such option in zr please help me
Thanks in advance
Great to be a Zr owner. No probs at all. Has anyone rooted? coz the internal memory is too low. Can any one answer?
Anonymous, 04 Dec 2013xperia ZR or nexus 4....Pls suggest me friends...Of course Sony Xperia ZR. :)
Just bought the ZR yesterday, traded-in my s3 mini. The ZR is much more better in terms of everything. I love you Sony !!
Anonymous, 03 Dec 2013I'm just wondering whether Samsung galaxy s3 is better or sony xperia zr ?U should buy zr bcz there r many problm in s3 first battery prblm..
Anonymous, 04 Dec 2013xperia ZR or nexus 4....Pls suggest me friends...for that price you can get an nexus 5 lol.. but for me i prefer SONY (:
And James - for your question - yes,the vga front camera of the ZR is kinda bad..but on the other hand the batt.endurance is great so..its your choice.
Hows the front camera of ZR?is it okay?... does the image produce by zr on video calling is great?..I want to buy this phone since battery life is very important factor for me. But the vga front camera keeps bothering me..
oh yes i bought xperia zr and its working awesomely and it made me a great fan of sony. i think sony can work on their price fixing so that all class people can afford to buy sony smartphones
One of the best phones I have ever come across... Everything is upto the mark... :)
Great phone for me... Works perfectly, no probles at all...Thanku SONY
I'm just wondering whether Samsung galaxy s3 is better or sony xperia zr ?
I'm a zr user from malaysia.
Been using it for 3 weeks, very happy. No prblm whatsoever. Bluetooth n wifi ok. Hv tested the waterproof features - works great too.
Was a nokia n8 user for years, then migrate to android few mths back. Bought an s4 i9500 after lots of recommendation fr frenz, even tho I personally prefer the zr. Later regret my decision.
Good about zr/sony vs. s4/samsung (from my pov):
- Better weight/size for single-hand use.
- I like the stock keyboard (one hand mode). In s4, I need to install go-keyboard (which will consume more ram)
- usage of ram is much better, most of the time around 40-50%. Resulting in better performance. S4 is around 65%.
- dedicated camera button. Very important to me. Able to activate camera at anytime, easier to focus, esp at close range.
- Water/dust proof
- Since performance is oredi good & less bloatware running at startup, I hv no reason to root the phone - preserving my phone's warranty. i rooted my s4 following a guide in internet, then the s4's warranty status changed to 1 (void). This is irreversible. Even I wipe the phone's memory & flash ori samsung rom, the flag wont change.
- zr is cheaper ;-)
- cant move apps to sd. Sony disable this permanently. Not really a prblm to me.
- No futuristic gesture features (not sure this is bad or good - never need them anyway)
- S4 camera result is better than zr, but not much. Still cant compete with my old n8 :-P