shocked, 21 Aug 2013VERY Unfortunately 3G video call without data/internet connection is not possible in Xperia se... moreWhat are you talking about? No phones can do video chat without a data connection - 3G networks just provide data transfer, which is a data connection.
bujji, 21 Aug 2013hi!
i purchased sony Xperia ZR last 10 days
when i am in call i can't search my phone contacts
Its the first icon above 'End Call' when you are on a call!
@Jasikvu, yes there are small apps in Xperia ZR!
sehrahxx, 22 Aug 2013I have been using my ZR for a good week, and I absolutely love it! It's slim and quite light t... more1. Use SwiftKey keyboard, best keyboard i used. Try it. (Get it from Google Play)
2. Go to Settings > Display > Lock Screen > Wallpaper
3. Never happened to me, donno
Enjoy your phone :)
Anirudh, 22 Aug 2013I bought this phone two days back from an online store but am facing a problem. The battery dr... moreTurn on Stamina Mode on Power Management in Settings.
Am getting 2 days battery backup on average with about 3-4 hours of 'Voice calls" and 2-3 hours of 'Screen' time. Best battery backup I ever got on an android phone.
Anirudh, 22 Aug 2013I bought this phone two days back from an online store but am facing a problem. The battery dr... moreFirst I too fear but it's not that much bad now. I can play temple town-2 for 4-5 hrs.but mobile getting heat if display is on. While playing music use default player. If you use other players it will drain the battery massively. For such 2300 mhz the standby time is less. And compared to Nokia Sony stand by time is less. Overall battery is not bad compared to other android devices.
I bought this phone two days back from an online store but am facing a problem. The battery drainage is massive and huge. It drains out 10% in under ten minute mark. Dunno what to do. Could thus be a hardware problem
Since user gets only 4.5gb will this devise allow games to be installed in memory card without rooting?
Konstantin Ivanov, 20 Aug 2013Low volume??? wow.I am on 4.2.2 and i don't have such problems when i have enabled clear audio... moreI have been using my ZR for a good week, and I absolutely love it! It's slim and quite light too.
I have a few questions though.
I tend to use the auto-dictionary often when I text message. How do I save words into it though? There are certain words that are not in the dictionary which I use often, so how can I save them for future text messages?
How can I change the front theme picture on my phone? The picture when you swipe, to unlock the screen?
I noticed that sometimes my contacts disappear all of a sudden, not sure why? I'll turn my phone off, then on.. and then the contacts are back again.
Other than that, this phone is quick and fast, stylish and different. I absolutely love it.
i purchased sony Xperia ZR last 10 days
when i am in call i can't search my phone contacts
kmp, 21 Aug 2013From a sony hater who migrated from samsung to sony, its AWESOME... I have used Samsung Galax... moreAdditional pros, a dedicated camera button and an IDEAL phone size of 4.55" it sits comfortably between the 5" flagships and the ipohne 5 on the borderline. So if HONAMI MINI is to be an IDEAL contender it must have an IDEAL screen size, 4.3" is useless, it's good only for call and texting just like the iphone 5 with a 4" screen. 4.55" is for an all rounder smartphone, good for call and texting and BROWSING the web-which is the very purpose of a smartphone, let's admit it, nowadays people spent more time browsing, facebooking than calling and text messaging.
Thanks for the great review.
Just wondering where I can find the call volume settings.2) Call volume is low - This con posted by some users of this phone really surprised me...as either they are using the smartphone for the first time or they are pretty DUMB...Actually sony has provided an equalizer setting within call setting and if you do not feel the voice is loud enuf then change it to "bright' mode and call volume will increase and everything will be crystal clear...
I have the ZR already for overa month and love it
VERY Unfortunately 3G video call without data/internet connection is not possible in Xperia series of phones. I was shocked and regretted buying ZR after finding this. My earlier phones ranging from cheap LG GU285, Micromax Canvas to Samsung S2 all had that. So beware before buying..if you anyway had such video calling as a priority.
In India a 3G phone (with or without front camera) means a phone capable of video calls just by dialing number the way we do for voice call, provided 3G services and phones are at both ends. Data services has nothing to do with this and hence skype etc doesn't come into picture.
When Xperia customer care enquired they said there are application available that can do the needful without data connection...I think either they don't know or they are bull...
From a sony hater who migrated from samsung to sony, its AWESOME...
I have used Samsung Galaxy S, S Duos and S advance...and my friends have Grand Duos, S3 and Nexus...So I have a fair idea about all these models as well...
I have been using this phone for almost 3 weeks...and now I feel I am in a good stage to give a comprehensive review of this phone and help others who are contemplating of buying this phone...
This phone is AWESOME with its fair share of cons...and the thing which surprised me most was - people who have not used the phone are talking about the cons of this beauty...
So let me do one thing and start with the cons and point out what is misconception and what con you might actually feel -:
1) Front camera is VGA - seriously front cam is used for video calling and no video calling app supports HD quality...so its camera is gud enuf to make video calls and that won't be a big problem..also it works pretty good for face detection..
2) Call volume is low - This con posted by some users of this phone really surprised me...as either they are using the smartphone for the first time or they are pretty DUMB...Actually sony has provided an equalizer setting within call setting and if you do not feel the voice is loud enuf then change it to "bright' mode and call volume will increase and everything will be crystal clear...
3) Camera quality is not as per expected by 13 MP - If you leave the setting in default (superior) mode you may get average indoor pics but outdoor pics are awesome...you will have to flirt with the camera settings to get good indoor and low light pics...I did it and am pretty satisfied...and its far better than Nexus...
4) Heating problem - If you play heavy games and do multi-tasking then any android phone will heat up...I personally checked and it heats pretty less in comparison to Galaxy S3/ Nexus 4/ Xperia Z...and you guys know that its water proof so when its over-heated put it inside water for sometime and you would be good to go again...
5) Internal memory - hmmm...being an avid game player and a techie I felt that this is a little con of this device...you wud get only 4.5 GB available...but you have the option to have external micro sd card and after that 4.5 GB is enuf for android apps or even big games...and you can root the device and change settings so that the apps will install on memory card..
6) Its not water proof - literally I was completely shocked to see this con...well guys let me tell you when I received the phone , the first thing I did was to start it and then put it in the water and check...and me & my friends were shocked to see that its really water-proof...BUT sony says that its flaps (audio and usb) should be closed properly and the back cover also fitted properly then only it will work in water and sony do not give LIQUID-WARRANTY...so do use the phone in water but be very careful...
I think that's all the cons I came up with and hope I cleared some confusions here...
So let me not go into specs but give you perfect idea what are the practical pros of this beauty..
1) Battery Life - its far better than Xperia Z, Galaxy S3 and Nexus 4...easily lasts a day and more with the normal usage of gaming, surfing, whatsapping and calling...
2) 2GB RAM - that's one of the best thing about this android phone...anytime you will check, you will find more than 800-900 MB RAM is free...that leads to multitasking and not worrying to kill any app to launch another app...I have played lot of heavy games and it works like breeze....
3) Processor - well you are getting the hardware of Xperia Z in this phone...so you should know that this phone works like charm...it has lot of power and you would love it...no hang or lags....
4) Display - its better than Super Amoled display of S3 as its very natural and rich in colour depth...and it doesn't hurt your eyes even after watching it for 4-5 hours continuously which is the case with super amoled...and full marks to Bravia Engine 2 as it really enhances the picture and video quality...you would find videos or picture quality better on this phone than you laptop!!!!!!!
5) Build quality - though back cover is of plastic but it doesn't feel cheap as of samsung phones....its sturdy and feels pretty good in hand...and so you do not have put it inside any other non-sense cover to protect it...But anyways I would suggest to use a Screen Guard for extra protection...even though it has gorilla glass and the Best Part - shatter-proof film...
6) Music quality is far better than samsung or nexus phones...and you get a sony headset which does not feel premium but still its a lot better than samsung...
And seriously it looks pretty good...and thanks to sony that they did not put glass layer at the back as in xperia z otherwise a back cover would have become a necessity...
So overall its a very good phone...its kind of futuristic phone and you would not regret it for another 5 years or so....So if you are dangling between S3 , nexus and ZR then go for ZR....
5 Reasons why SONY XPERIA ZR is not a good purchase -
1)Wifi-Direct : Wifi-direct is an option wherein u can transfer large data such as movies, videos at high speed. This option in Xperia is not working at all.
2)Office Suite: Office Suite in Xperia is just read-only supportive. You have to purchase the full version from the playstore to edit the office files.
3)Headsets : Headsets/ Earplugs/ earphones whatever you may call it are a big disappointment, even with Z series phones.
4)Multi-window option : This is option that enables the user to perform 2 tasks on single screen. For Eg.: While the movie is playing, you can use whatsapp on the same screen, i.e. the screen will be divided giving u two displays. This option is unavailable in Xperia Phones. This is a very useful tool.
5)Notepad : The NOTE option given in Xperia is pointless as u don’t get an ‘S-Pen’ with it. So u can hardly fit in a single word with your finger alone.
6)Equalizer options: Very few equalizer options, it does not have 7.1 channel output which is provided by other brands in this range of phones.
If you are planning to spend 25k+ on a smartphone.. Think 200 times before you go for a purchase.
What About The BATTERY LIFE? Can We Used It for Minimum 1 Full Day. Using Whatsapp,FB,Normal Calls & Messages.