Subh, 25 Oct 2011I started using this phone about a month ago. It's not a bad phone at that price. However, lik... morei wanna ask u that when you exchanged the phone was your phone rooted becoz maa phone is rooted and i have deleted many of the stock apps of phone like ruters, spicegang and all....
and my camera is also not working....:-(
plz do rply i dont have much time left....
Sorry.. I forgot to add (if it matters), I bought the phone in Pune from a distributor I tracked from Spice website. Well, he seemed pretty nice when I asked for a replacement for a minor camera disfuction & gave it to me immediately. And he did approve that I spend enough time in checking all aspect before buying, since it'll save both him & me time & trouble later.
I started using this phone about a month ago. It's not a bad phone at that price. However, like any electronic device, purchase is a gamble. My camera stopped working after I tried some funny apps for camera that I got from Android Market. But they were prompt to replace it right-away (ofcourse, I just told them, camera stopped working just like that). So, my two cents for people who're still planning to buy this :
1) If Android 2.2 (or higher)+ Dual SIM + GPS is what you're looking for, hold on. Spice launched mi350. It's mi270 + 3G support + capacitative touch screen. Should be available by mid of Nov. Priced @ 8500/-. mi 270 is @ 5500/-. I think it's a better deal.
2) Please go with atleast two hours in hand to buy the phone & check thoroughly the following aspects (based on the problems I faced) :
a) Screen calibrate : Touch screen is a tricky thing. please make sure it works in all corners & center.
b) Play something in speaker phone mode & check if the battery is draining out rapidly & phone is getting really hot.
c) Please go with two working SIM and an SD Card so that you can check normal calling / SMS / Camera (Camera doesn't work without SD card installed). Also, atleast one of the SIM should have GPRS enabled, please check browsing.
d) Check head-phone. Check for volume aspect. It has an imposed limitation on volume while on Headphone mode. Just make sure, it's ok with you whatever is set as max limit (it's not too low for you). Also, if you're TATA Sky+ user, you may need the 3.5 mm headphone slot for convrting it into a Universal remote.
e) Start google map. Check if GPS is working properly. Check is AGPS is working properly.
f) You may also wanna carry your blue tooth headset with you and make sure it's compatible with the phone.
g)Put it on charge with the charger provided & make sure it's charging alright.
h) Try the speech recognition feature in keyboard (it types what you speak). For that go to a new SMS. Instead of typing, try the speech recgnition feature (tiny microphone button at left corner of the keyboard). [You'll need an active internet connection to check it].
Once you bought this phone :
1)Thanks to Jhalife's post : LauncherPro & PANSI SMS apps made my life much better with this phone. I also installed "No Spam SMS" [after you install PANSI sms] as a spam guard. I found that's the most light anti spam SMS apps (& free, ofcourse). Only Pansi SMS doesn't give any option for managing dual SIM sms. It only sends from default SIM. So, consider if you want to install it. [by the way, I uninstalled Go SMS Pro, too much for SMS]
2) I've also got "Fast notes sticky notes 1x1" a good application. Now I just check my kitchen store & spell out the goods I need to buy. It creates the checklist for me when I go for grocery shopping. Another addition is "Google Translate". Well, I just like that app.
3) I use OliveOffice Premium to read word / XLS etc. You may wanna try it. Not the best, but works well. It's free & downloadable from Android Market.
4) I DID NOT allow Google contacts to sync with phone contacts [it tried to import 1600 contatcs, to all people I ever sent an email]. I have my contacts stored in two SIMs. I copied them to phone & just kept the phone contacs display-able. Whenever I add a new contact, I also add it in one of the SIM cards, just to be safe. By the way. this phone has a pre-installed very good application, SIM manager. Allows you to manage SIM contacts & Phone contacts well. And it's one of the most simple applications I saw.
5) I use a transcend 8GB SD and moved all applications that I was allowed to to SD card.
Well, that was my summary. It's not a bad phone at all. Infact, it's humble price & appearence kinda attracted me more than it's competitors (was there any android dual sim, btw?). Anyway, I hope it helps. If you're speding time in cheking all the aspects before buying the phone, it'll bring you pleasure.
how the qulity of spice because i am first time buying this model phone.i also have nokia,samsung mob plse saghd said me how quality of spice model,and also specifigcations???
suddenly camera not working i tried reinstalling the app but no use. pls guide me to resolve it if anyone knows
Can anybody help me how to connect headphone,because whenever m connecting headphone call lands and gets disconnecting automatically.
charly555, 14 Sep 2011its a dual sim standby model. and for rooting try z4root and then download "root app remo... moreCan anyone post the list of apps that can be safely removed after rooting the device?
It will help a lot to improve the performance without causing any trouble.
I am using mi-270 for 2 months but still unable to tether through USB connection with my PC with windows xp professional. Even spice service center workers could not do that in 2 hours and asked to submit my mobile there for some days that I didn't do. I think this is problem with all mi270 sets. Has anybody got success in running internet on PC through USB tethering with mi 270 mobile? Please reply with process of connecting.
hitesh sampat, 30 Sep 2011pl. reply how to open doc of ms-wrd and excel file or pdf file, and where this file are downlo... moreYou can download open office from the android market, this should enable you to read word documents in your android phone. Open office is a free substitute for MS office.
I have brought this phone just 1 months back. well at d start i felt its a total waste of money as the preloaded apps are a mess and total waste. to get best out of this phone sollow below steps believe me you will love it later:
1. Install Go sms pro app for sms the in built app is a waste
2. Install "Launcher pro" app from market it will increase your phone speed to the best with many flexibility of animation speed setting.
3. all the above apps are free. further you can install z4root from internet by coping it in your phone to remove the pre installed crapwares. dont remove any application about which you arent aware. after this you will love this phone.
for battery issue turn the background data off whenever you are not using it than battery back up would also be good.
4. You can install 3d weather widget which would give nice appearance and consume less battery and memeory.
himanshu, 05 Oct 2011can it upgradable to android 2.3official cant upgrade it mate
AnonD-14683, 01 Oct 2011How to set handset for internet browsing,a unable to get it configured it manually also... m ... moreSettings>Wireless and networks>Mobile networks>Click the slave/MasterSIM>Access point names>(Press menu)New APN>set APN as "smartnet" or "rcomnet" without quotes, give any name in the Name area (for example, "Netconnect") and save and click the new APN(Netconnect)on the right side to activate it.
Chaolu Chang, 02 Oct 2011Does spice Mi-720 supports youtube player, does it support live streaming?Yes it supports Live youtube streaming.
does anyone know how to allow multiple file receive through bluetooth. currently we have to accept each file.
pc connectivity solved
till date i have been using blue tooth dongle to copy my data to the pc. today i found the right way. download the driver for spice mi 270 from spice site. then connect the mobile using usb cable. the media wont be recognised. but now press the middle button of the phone(dont know what its called, but on the right side of the home button) open notifications and then select the "select to copy files" option.. u ll now be directly connected to the pc and the pc will recognise the device.