AnonD-405400, 21 Nov 2016Bad phone battery backup is very bad progress is also bad dont buy this wast your money i hate vivono problem with my vivo... perfect...
i own note 5 and s7 edge before....but vivo is my choice... try to believe it....
AnonD-440648, 24 Nov 2016Hi rishi guru only one thing I can notice in your theory people like you are born with silver ... moreMy three cents on you comments:
1) I was not born with a silver spoon. Just like you, I earn my money the hard way.
2) There will always be some short comings, be it hardware or software. Spend INR 6K more than Vivo V3Max and get hold of Motorola Moto Z Play. Then you will have latest android updates. You will be happy software wise but again unhappy because hardware wise V3Max is better and cheaper. See what I meant, there in nothing like THE PERFECT PHONE.
3) As I spoke before, if you want android version upgrades look elsewhere, as Vivo/ Oppo will not be changing their development policy for us.
RishiGuru, 24 Nov 2016You are not having the whole picture. Let me explain. I have found phone companies follow thre... moreHi rishi guru only one thing I can notice in your theory people like you are born with silver spoon can text like this. You guys can own weekly or daily a new device. Still in lollipop we're facing many issues with vivo phones which you haven't noticed. I still haven't satisfied with any smartphones I owned so far, Even iPhone 6 also have an touch issue after a long time of usage. How could you know vivo smartphones are selling the device with less margin, If you don't need M or N upgrade please don't update stay with stable os until the device dies. People like us need frequent upgrades and updates. This is the competitive world if you need to survive you should care about the users & do what they need..
funwithash, 24 Nov 2016I am waiting for xplay6 from vivo I am extremely satisfied I don't bother to Android updates v... moreI think your dream will never materialize in India. A Vivo XPlay6 will be as expensive as Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and nobody will buy it expect for you and me. We know what Vivo flagship phones are capable of but, sadly in the eyes of the rest Vivo does not garner brand respect of Samsung or Apple.
I am waiting for xplay6 from vivo I am extremely satisfied I don't bother to Android updates vivo handsets are lag free
AnonD-440648, 24 Nov 2016At last I got the answers from you taka, that vivo is also doing the same thing, Then we shoul... moreYou are not having the whole picture. Let me explain. I have found phone companies follow three different kind of strategies for Android version upgrades:
1) Companies like Vivo provided stellar hardware in V3Max at a very reasonable price. You get a powerful SD 652 , 4 gigs of RAM, FullHD screen, great built quality, reasonably good battery, fast charging, fast charger and default VoLTE support. All at INR 19k. The phone also comes with a decent OS overlay named Funtouch OS built upon Android Lollipop. It is a super stable OS, but we the users as always moan as Vivo don't upgrade to Marshmallow. This is because upgrading the android to a higher version will incur Vivo a cost overhead which if planed needs to be included in the handset asking price as nothing comes free. Then this handset needs to cost INR 25K and we could have received Android 6 or may be even 7. But Vivo are not doing this, they are selling at INR 19K with a very thin profit margin and providing timely android security updates via OTA and making the phone ultra stable day by day. To prove my point, my V3Max never crashed/ hanged since I bought it over 5 months even after with hard usage and playing super heavy games. Other companies like LeEco also follow the same rule.
2) Companies like Motorola even under current Lenovo banner follows a different approach. Timely android version upgrades are a must for them. So they sell phones like Moto X Play with lower specs than V3Max at a much higher price of INR 25K. They do this as the extra INR 6k to 7K they are taking per phone will be used to develop new android version upgrades, and then spend huge amount of resource to optimize it for the specific phone hardware. Then it will be deployed via OTA updates. All this incur high cost overhead which is taken into account when you buy their phone.
3) Companies like Lenovo recently tried to do best of both worlds after Motorola acquisition and outcomes can only be misery. Take for example my flagship Lenovo Vibe X3. Costing INR 20K, it had equivalent hardware specs of Vivo V3Max, so Lenovo had a very thin profit margin with this phone. So to do the promised android version upgrade at a nominal cost and not taking into account the quality standards of the software they hired a third party contracted software company to upgrade to marshmallow, but the outcome was that update was so buggy some Vibe X3 users opted to go the service center's to downgrade to Lollipop like me, some sold their phone and some are still moaning with the ultra buggy Marshmallow update. Vivo on the other hand do everything themselves. They make their own handsets and do not contract other companies like Foxxcon to built their phones. Thus they can control the product quality. I own the ominous Vivo X5Max and you will be blown by the product quality of this phone as it beats my wife's Samsung galaxy S6 Edge on this account.
So in the end you have to decide, if you want timely android version upgrades then pay an initial high price for the handset and go for companies like Motorola, Samsung etc.
Taka, 23 Nov 2016The problem is that even when the chinese manufacturer update to latest android 6.0 the featur... moreAt last I got the answers from you taka, that vivo is also doing the same thing, Then we shouldn't buy those (vivo, oppo) Chinese branded smart phones again. And also I want you to mention which brands are doing the best n marshmallow and nougat?
AnonD-440648, 23 Nov 2016Taka I think u haven't used 6.0 & you don't know much. Here some examples for you that I ... moreThe problem is that even when the chinese manufacturer update to latest android 6.0 the feature of marshmallow is absent. Its literally not there! Other brand is doing fine except a few chinese brand. They update simply for the sake of version number but nothing changed in the phone itself. All the features you mentioned dont appear in their Marshmallow update. They troll users. Go ahead, see if kitkat vivo any different from lollipop vivo. It is the exact same. Nothing changed.
Taka, 23 Nov 2016Funtouch OS is actually the most stable android skin next to stock android. Updating to new an... moreTaka I think u haven't used 6.0 & you don't know much. Here some examples for you that I noticed Android Lollipop 5.1 and the Android Marshmallow 6.0 are pretty different from the each other, and you can notice the significant difference once you start using it.The Android Lollipop showed the App Permissions on the Play Store and the Installation option. But, in the Marshmallow, we can decide whether to give any app the permission to access something. In Marshmallow, we can review and give the permission to the app after opening it, helping us to control what an application can access and what not, Flexible Storage:-
The Android counted the MicroSD card as the external storage. Due to this, we were not able to install the applications on the MicroSD card without rooting the device. But in Marshmallow 6.0, the MicroSD card can be used as the Internal Storage option. We can use the MicroSD card to install the applications in case of less storage problem and that without rooting.
On the Lollipop 5.1.1, we have the Extended Battery Usage feature. With this feature, we can extend the battery power for 90 minutes of usage. In the Marshmallow 6.0, we have the Â“DozeÂ” feature. The Â“DozeÂ” is the Setting in the Marshmallow, which gets activated when the device is kept inactive for a long time. When the Doze is triggered, it puts the phone Deep Sleep mode and only addresses the high-priority issues. Thus, saving battery juice for further usage. Android should be upgraded and must be upgraded for better performance and optimization..
I bought this cell phone two month back .smart finish great strong body, looks like iphone very smooth hassle free operation great battery,fantastic HD camera ,no hang .truly awesome phone .I am very happy to use this phone its dream come true ,really faster than the others.I can say the best cell phone I ever purchased .Go and buy this phone.i PROMISE YOUR SATISFACTION.
AnonD-440648, 23 Nov 2016I heard a rumour that vivo smartphones can't be upgraded to M or N coz the device comes with t... moreFuntouch OS is actually the most stable android skin next to stock android. Updating to new android version is useless because its only change the android version and nothing else, all the software will remain the same. Vivo add all the new feature into Funtouch OS anyway. Their technique is actually better than releasing new android version that may cause the phone to hang and lags due to lack of optimization. If they keep using Funtouch for the updates it will ensure the phone to be well optimized and stable throughout its life. Look at Xiaomi, they update Lollipop to Marshmallow but nothing change at all in the software. It is useless update.
Angie, 23 Nov 2016Guys if u wanna use v3 max just don't overcharged it... I overcharged it for about 30 n the ph... moreI once overcharged my Vivo V3Max by mistake for a whole night, but nothing happened. It was behaving normal, I believe you have a defective handset.
rajgajjar, 17 Nov 2016I am using vivo v3max last 3 months.. No any prblms working best supperb phone hifi technology... moreGuys if u wanna use v3 max just don't overcharged it... I overcharged it for about 30 n the phone cant on the screen, need to reboot by pressing power button n - volume button and this might even damage software so i have to go to the service centre amd ask them to run run a software check on the circumstances that all data will be deleted which means re-download all apps
I heard a rumour that vivo smartphones can't be upgraded to M or N coz the device comes with their own custom UI which is called funtouch os. I think they can't optimize it well. Then we've to use the v3 & v3 Max device which comes with the stable os 5.1 lollipop until the devices dies?
Anonymous, 22 Nov 2016It is very good. Your unit must be problematic.I am pretty certain the person in question do not even own a Vivo V3Max.