Hello i plan to buy new phone end of this month.can anybody tell me which hp i should buy samsung galaxy s6 REFURBISED SET OR vivo v3MAX.plese answerrrr
Battery drains quickly. Inbuilt e mail, out going problems. Background power consumption of whatsapp too much. Smart bright function not function properly .
Rest a good phone
Hi, I'm planning to buy new phone but I'm torn between Samsung J7(2016) and Vivo V3 Max. Which phone is the better between the two? I'm also considering good camera quality and good music. Can anyone help me please? :) Thank you in advance! :)
funwithash, 14 Jul 2016Which one is the best headset for v3max is xe600i available in India My two cents:
1) The Vivo XE600i headphones are in all probability not available in India. These XE600i's are made by Vsonic for Vivo. They are one of the best bundled in-ear earphones you can have with your phone. In India it came bundled only with their X-Series flagship phones.
2) I have compared XE600i extensively with other budget in-ear earphones like Cowon EM1 & EK2 which are available at around INR 1k ~ 1.3K in India. The EM1 & EK2 are considerably better in portraying music over the XE600i by a significant margin. The Cowon's also have much better built quality.
Regarding their sound signatures, EM1 produces accurate true sound, EK2 even more so. EM1 has slightly more bass than EK2 while EK2 gives up a little bass to provide you more separation and resolution in the sound.
Vivo V3Max or Y27L uses the same AKM AK4375 (DAC cum headphone amplifier) chip. I own both phones and they sound exactly the same over same earphones. The only difference is Y27L will support high-resolution lossless audio FLAC file playback through their awesome "i-Music" player while V3Max won't.
V3Max or Vivo Y27L sound signature over headphones are more mellow sounding and softer than the benchmark X5Max. They are not as clinically accurate or have the ability to separate layers of music which Vivo X5Max can, and is understandable considering the price difference.
As such more accurate sounding headphones like Cowon EK2 are going to be a perfect fit for V3Max or Y27L.
funwithash, 13 Jul 2016Got an regular small update nothing change besides sucking my 105mb data hahahahahaha Vivo android updates had always been about polishing out minor imperfections in their Funtouch OS and in solving any major software bugs in the phone. Their recent 107MB update (ver. 2.7.2 beta) is no different either. They generally never introduce any new features with an OTA update.
And yeah, forget about android version upgrades like Lollipop to Marshmallow for V3Max. Vivo & Oppo never does that. OnePlus does.
Which one is the best headset for v3max is xe600i available in India
Got an regular small update nothing change besides sucking my 105mb data hahahahahaha
AnonD-557636, 09 Jul 2016I have few questions regarding Vivo X5Max and v3max. Can anybody please help me out?
1. Do ... morePlease find the answers to your questions below:
1) Both Vivo X5Max and V3Max support only GREEN colored LED for app notifications. For X5Max even if the LED is multi-colored we can only use GREEN color. LED will also glow GREEN constantly while charging up on both phones. Additionally, X5Max notification LED will also constantly glow RED while recording audio. I have also found when the battery charge is below 1% in X5Max, the notification LED blinks RED. V3Max do not support RED color. Mind you notification LED works only when display is off for both phones.
2) Internationally Vivo must provide Google Play Services in all their smartphones or else no one will buy. To provide Google Services Vivo must go through Android certification process using Android Compatibility Test Suite (CTS). This is made mandatory from Android Lollipop (ver 5.0) onwards. The international version of V3Max uses Android Lollipop and hence needs to pass CTS test in-order to provide you the Google services. Unfortunately, as of now CTS does not support the ultra high resolution lossless FLAC audio files. Hence neither Google Play Music app nor Vivo's own "i-Music" default music app can play FLAC files. This is unfortunate situation. Vivo X5Max on the other hand uses Android KitKat (ver 4.4.4) which at the time of release (Jan, 2015) did not required to go through CTS test to provide us Google Play services.
So in a way X5Max is the best of both worlds, it gives you the power to fully exploit its audiophile grade audio hardware built in by supporting lossless audio FLAC files through its awesome "i-Music" default app. At the same time you get full access to Google services in it.
3) In short X5Max have two audio paths to its headphone jack, one geared for ultimate audio performance and the other to conserve battery. Performance come at an expense as the discrete audio DAC + IV converter drains a lot of battery power. So when you have a worthwhile source like FLAC or 320 kbps MP3 files, you switch on HiFi mode in X5Max. For something like low quality 128 kbps MP3, you turn it off to save battery power while listening.
V3Max frankly cannot be segmented as an audiophile grade phone as it has a single mediocre grade AKM AK4375 DAC with in-built Class-G headphone amplifier. X5Max can reach over 120 dB SNR and distortion less than -100 dB while V3Max somehow coughs up 105 dB SNR and distortion of -97 dB. As such V3Max have only one audio path for headphones through AK4375 with HiFi enabled. Saying that V3Max will slay twice more expensive phones like Samsung Galaxy S7 or HTC 10 where audio quality is concerned.
4) Top accessory companies like Nillkin do not provide screen protectors to mid-range devices like V3Max. Ofcource they have world class tempered glass display protectors available for Vivo flagship devices like X5Max. For V3Max you can vouch for one low cost locally made protector. I got one plastic display protector for V3Max.
5) As you said in some other post comparing flagship devices like X5Max with midrange devices like V3Max is like comparing apples to oranges. X5Max cost INR 9K over V3Max. As such it is built with more premium components like sapphire glass camera lens protection. I do not know if there is any separate protection available for camera lens.
6) If you are after music at a small budget get the Cowon EK2. I believe it retails in India for INR 1.3K. This earphone is not for bass lovers OR for those who loves the popular V-groove (high bass + high treble + recessed mids type of sound) which are quite popular with electronic music. EK2 on the other hand has a flat frequency response; it produces the real true sound with just the amount of bass + mids + highs as the composer has intended!!! But it comes with big 10mm drivers for which you need smartphones that are capable to drive them like X5Max, V3Max etc. With other smartphones with no dedicated headphone amplifier the EK2 may sound anemic as those phones do not have the power to drive those 10mm drivers.
I have few questions regarding Vivo X5Max and v3max. Can anybody please help me out?
1. Do both x5max and v3max have only GREEN color notification led? I noticed when I first charged x5max after unboxing for the first few minutes the notification led was RED in color. How can I use the other colors?
2. Why can I not play flac audio files in v3max? Due to vivo audio prowess I got some high quality audio flac files from my friend. But when go to play the default player plays the song but is unable to show me the name of the song, the artist or the album. It just shows as unknown file as if it cannot read the file properly. I have tried the same audio files with my dadÂ’s x5max and it not only plays but also shows every detail like name, artist and album.
3. Why in v3max we do not have the HIFI button in the music player? In X5Max I can switch HIFI on/off as required but I cannot do the same in v3max.
4. Can anybody throw some pointer to a decent screen protector for v3max? It seems x5max comes with gorilla glass 3 so no worries there, but my v3max has just mineral glass which is prone to scratches.
5. X5max uses expensive sapphire glass as main camera lens protection. It is as tough as diamond and near impossible to scratch. But v3max comes with only mineral glass, so I am worries if the lens cover gets scratched. My friend once got the lens cover of his mobile scratched and then every photo he took came out blurry as the lens inside could not properly take the photo
6. The headphones bundled with x5max are awesome while that of v3max is cheap. Where can I buy x5maxÂ’s headphones and if not can anybody suggest me a good quality inear headphone within thousand rupees or so?
funwithash, 06 Jul 2016Better consider one plus three more memory with Better camera but expect to pay usd130 more for one+3. (well, at least that the price in my country between both phone)
funwithash, 04 Jul 2016Its a great gaming device and photography in ambient light is charm and dont wait for updates ... moreYeah the v3max is great on games... no doubt and the 13mp rear camera is better than most in the same price..... we alsways run after megapixels... but vivo have rightfully not joined the megapixels race..... and concentrated on picture quality where it excels. Saying that my recent introduction to vivo x5max was eye opening... once you see the camera performance of this device... with same 13 mp... you will not shoot another pic in your v3max...it is that much better. But then we are comparing apples with oranges...... x5max is a much more expensive phone than my v3max.
RishiGuru, 08 Jul 2016I always post my honest opinions and thoughts. So thanks for appreciating my views on V3Max, w... moreCall it a misfortune or sheer coincidence, my dads phone went kaput yesterday night. However due to his business needs which requires constant communication we went to buy a smartphone today a got ourselves a vivo x5max. Setting up and preparing the phone for my dad is my job........ so here comes the inital impressions on x5max....
1. Built quality is better than my v3max.
2. Feels more premuium in the hand like a flagship device
3. X5max display is the best display I have seen till date
4. Headphones sound more clear like distilled water and volumes levels are even louder than my v3max. X5max have much better sound than my v3max.
5. You said x5max speaker loudness is not as good as v3max........ but I founxd it as loud. Ringtones can be clearly heard.
6. Charging takes a lot of time. The battery of x5max was completely depleted so I used my v3max charger and it took two and a half hours to charge 100%. My v3max will charge completely in just one hour and 45 mins.......
7. Battery backup is better than expected..... in such a slim phone.... I expect my dad can easily last a day with it without charging.....
8. Camera performance is superb.... just no words.... much much better than v3max.... especially under low light conditions...
9. Selfie camera is as good as my v3 max
10. You feel no difference while using or operating both the phones. Funtouch os looks and feels the same in both phones..... and both provides fluid experiences. I found no software lags in x5max...
11. My dad will never play games... still I installed Nova 3 which is a sper heavy game. Guess what the game played super smooth on x5max ... with full display settings. This was unexpected but x5max proved me that it can handle games well.
12. I miss the fingerprint scanner on x5max. However for my dad it is not a cause of concern.
13. What my dad is concerned about is call quality... and it is better than v3max on this aspect. Sound through earpiece is more clear and louder.
14. X5max has an extra noise cancellation microphone beside the back camera so the person on the other side of the call will hear more clearly. V3max does not have this feature....
15. Both phones support OTG.
16. 4G reception is slightly better in x5max over v3max.
17. The camera LED is better in x5max. More bright... more witish...
18. No FM radio is a bummer in X5max. But flagships dont have fm now...
I truly love this x5max. So beautiful ...so slim... it was a complete worthy buy. I will stick to my V3max for its more powerfull cpu for games and also more ram...... and also because he likes the look... the thinness and the quality of the x5max... thanks rishiguru for pointing out to such a great device.
AnonD-557636, 07 Jul 2016Great review and comparison. Thanks as it completely matched my views on v3 max. However I am ... moreI always post my honest opinions and thoughts. So thanks for appreciating my views on V3Max, which I feel is a solid workhorse. Vivo this year are pricing their products more competitively than ever before. I believe they have recognized that pitching their product as a maker of "premium smartphones" and pricing three times the actual cost has backfired for them. Such marketing policy does not work in countries like India where competition is cut-throat among manufacturers. Also we the consumers are not all that DUMB.
As such they are now pricing their products like V3Max or V3 more aggressively even though they are still on the higher side. Like for V3Max at a price of INR 18K in India would have been perfect. V3Max will eventually get to that price, maybe 8~10 months later.
Regarding Vivo X5Max I have said it before and I will say it again, it is their masterpiece. X5Max is a timeless piece of design and engineering achievement. It is the best you can have in a thin phone, precisely at 5.1 mm thickness. I used the V3Max for some weeks as my primary device, but now again have switched back to X5Max. Other than the raw processing power of V3Max, nothing else can be compared to their flagship X5Max. And for my daily needs X5Max is more than enough with Snap 615, 2 GB RAM and the best audio quality in the world in any smartphone.
RishiGuru, 10 Jun 2016Finally I laid my hands on a Vivo V3Max!!! Ofcource you do not expect me to get this over-pric... moreGreat review and comparison. Thanks as it completely matched my views on v3 max. However I am lured towards x5max by sound quality, better display and camera. At 5mm, x5max is seriously thin.