djshanky, 17 Nov 2016Lol buddy, not everything in a phone is based on audio quality. No point harping over it again... moreThis phone is not for all, especially spec crazy people like you. This phone is built for audiophiles. I was in lookout for this phone for well over a decade, finally i have a phone which does justice to my earphones.
djshanky, 17 Nov 2016Lol buddy, not everything in a phone is based on audio quality. No point harping over it again... morei understand your frustrations of not owning a vivo x5max, bcoz if you owned this gem, you would not have said so. my dad owns this phone and i rate it's user experence even better than my vivo v3max. many phones now have audio dacs but all dacs are not same. both v3max & x5max have dedicated dacs, but listened to both and you can feel the difference in quality. lastly x5max have respectable battery backup, read the review here and you will understand. for my dad the phone easily lasts for a day.
Anonymous, 15 Oct 2016Thanks. Is it worth buying. How is screen quality. Volte. Is it good when using 1000rs headpho... moreLol buddy, not everything in a phone is based on audio quality. No point harping over it again and again. A poor phone with poor battery life, poorly optimized OS software that leaks battery every 2 minutes, with maximum playback time of 3 hours with getting quite heated. This phone is not something you should recommend even to those looking forward to buy audiophile grade phones. Functionally, this phone is a cripple. The only saving grace is audio quality, which if listened over poor shoddy headphones, will sound worse as usual.
There are much better all round options available - Vibe X3, Mi Note, Le Eco Max, Mi 5, and some other phones with dedicated DAC that offer a much better value compared to this grandpa.
musicfan, 29 Oct 2016thank you Sir for your esteemed knowledge ! Can you please tell me - how to get the same prist... moreYou can go for Sennheiser Momentum Wireless headphones to achive good sound. Read some reviews of this headphone and if it suits your taste buy one. Personally I an not a great fan of Bluetooth headphones.
sagunthala, 30 Oct 2016can it be upgraded to marshmallow ? i do not think so bacoz of license issue as i music can play flac and all formats with license issue but then the higher android OS have license issues for playing flac/ape etc
So my view - it will never get updated to latest android OS
RishiGuru, 29 Oct 2016After reading your post I do feel you have some misconceptions about the word HiFi (High Fidel... morethank you Sir for your esteemed knowledge ! Can you please tell me - how to get the same pristine sound on top end bluetooth headphone
True - ATH-M50x MG that i have - first time i got this and paired it with x5max and the effect is heavenly ! to say the least but the wires still bother me
1) Can i go for hi-res bluetooth headphone to pair it with x5max - since the chipset of this phone is advanced i guess the digital signal [HQ] will be interpretted by the hi res circuit of the bluetooth headphone to get me the same sound as this wired combo of x5max+ath-m50x MG ?
2)OR Can i go in for mobile phones with 'Hi-res audio' support which can feed the sound to the compatible hi res bluetooth headphones ? money is not an issue here - i need the true pristine sound wthout the wires - please guide me
musicfan, 29 Oct 2016thanks for the suggestion - i tried that also making the poweramp the default one just like yo... moreAfter reading your post I do feel you have some misconceptions about the word HiFi (High Fidelity).
Here are my two cents:
1) HiFi is no effect, it denotes music in it's truest form without any added effects. The aim here is to reproduce music as recorded in the studio.
2) By adding equalisers while listening music is adding additional effects to the orginal music, as it is allowing you to add more bass or treble effect, taking you further away from HiFi.
3) HiFi in any audio centric smartphone denotes the hardware (DAC + op-amps + headphone amplifiers) that converts the digital audio signal from your phone chipset (Snapdragon 615 here) to analog signal through 3.5 mm audio jack. Hence when you use this jack HiFi can be enabled. But when you are using a Bluetooth headset, digital audio is directly broadcasted from phone to you headset, and now the DAC + Headphone Amplifier of your Bluetooth headset is in charge. Hence as you are not using the high-end audio hardware of X5Max while using a Bluetooth headset, HiFi is not visible in display and the audio quality is completely under control of your headset.
Hope this clears some of your doubts.:)
RishiGuru, 26 Oct 2016Though I admire your love for music and to a certain extent the art of listening music over sh... morethanks for the suggestion - i tried that also making the poweramp the default one just like you mentioned but it did not work as es file explorer popped open the "choose app to open with" windows still . Now currently i have made VLC as the default from with in es file explorer's "choose app to open with" windows dialog box - but i am not happy that x5max being the great music phone does not have full imusic app with in built equalizer support !
Btw - VLC has the network browser built in but i like es file explorer
Lastly - the hifi effect cannot be accessed with bluetooth headphones - that's another -ve for this phone ! , it works only on 'wired' headphones'
Currently i am using ath-m50x at home , but when i travel i use bluetooth headphones still great sound if the bluetooth headphone is good enough .....
thank you all for the valuable suggestions
Hope my observation helps all
musicfan, 26 Oct 2016thanks for the suggestion but the default file manager does not do network serach as all my mu... moreThough I admire your love for music and to a certain extent the art of listening music over shared network, it can create a specific set of problems in a mobile phone.
Two things come to my mind:
1) You are accessing your audio file over network (PC -> X5Max), which the iMusic app is playing.
2) At the same time when audio is continually streamed (PC -> X5Max) you want to additionally send commands (now, X5Max -> PC) to search and select a song via ES File Explorer app while music plays in background. And this implies bi-directional flow of data needs to happen simultaneously. Tough call.
As you say PowerAmp music app have no issues with it, I suggest you change the default music player of X5Max, from iMusic to PowerAmp. Below are the steps:
iManager -> App Manager -> Default app settings -> Default music software -> Select Power Amp.
Hope this works for you. :)
RishiGuru, 26 Oct 2016Use the default File Manager app provided rather than ES File Explorer app. You can choose mus... morethanks for the suggestion but the default file manager does not do network serach as all my music is on shared drive of my win 7 hp pc
I access my network music files thru es file explorer and then play it via 'imusic' set as default app when i encounter this issue going to es file explorer to look for another song when it [imusic] stops playing the current song - it does not happen with poweramp but the poweramp cannot be accessed in app context menu when i do "open as audio or video whichever] - the list does not have poweramp appearing , had it been otherwise - imusic 'd not be an issue - poweramp only visible in the app context menu when trying to access 'local' content which poweramp has not been able to fix yet
any suggestions ?
musicfan, 25 Oct 2016guys plz help me
i have x5max - the imusic which plays music thru es file explorer selection... moreUse the default File Manager app provided rather than ES File Explorer app. You can choose music files through this default app and iMusic will play music as you desire, also in background.
Music files should be properly categorized into artists, albums with album arts so that you never need any file explorer. You have the best music player in iMusic. Create playlist in iMusic as you desire and play the songs according to wish.
guys plz help me
i have x5max - the imusic which plays music thru es file explorer selection , closes when i 'switch' to es file explorer to make another selection - sometimes it does not [keeps playing music in the background] , 99% this happnes and rarely it keeps playing the ongoing selection in the background [i use wired audio techina m50x MG edition with it]
i do not want to use another app [like vlc etc] and point to note this works with any audio player [except imusic] i.e the app keeps playing the music in background while i browse for another selection in es file explorer
How i switch app - while imusic playing in the app - i touch the bottom portion to bring up the window which shows open windows and options to make a selection and i select the es file explorer
this is the only issue i am facing - any help please ?
raj, 14 Oct 2016hai. is vivo x3 max has heating issues as the same processor in yureka has high heating pr... morehi raj, x5max is a great phone just go for it. It has beautiful amooled screen quality and the music sounds extraordinary in ears through headphones. you will not be able to fathom how good audio is until you hear it and yes use 320 kbps mp3. My dad simpliy loves this mobile.
Anonymous, 15 Oct 2016Is v3 max screen sound as good as x5max.Vivo V3Max is nowhere near Vivo X5Max in terms of sound quality over headphones and display quality. Forget not X5Max was their last flagship while V3Max is their current mid end device with much cheaper audio solution and normal quality LCD display to boast.
Anonymous, 15 Oct 2016Thanks. Is it worth buying. How is screen quality. Volte. Is it good when using 1000rs headpho... moreIf you are a specs maniac then NO, Vivo X5Max is not for you. This phone is for multimedia enthusiasts, sublime audio quality and great display quality.
A phone which sound great over INR 20K earphones will also sound better over INR 1K earphones. I have tested with Cowon EK2 available in India at INR 1.2K, they pair well and sound awesome with X5Max.
RishiGuru, 14 Oct 2016Currently their is NO phone on the international market that can achive the audiophile sound q... moreThanks. Is it worth buying. How is screen quality. Volte. Is it good when using 1000rs headphones. Pose reply
Anonymous, 15 Oct 2016Thanks. Another question. Is the phone has heating issues how is screen quality. Is videos loo... moreFew points to note before buying Vivo X5Max:
1) Contains best audio hardware, hence best audio quality over headphones.
2) Bright & vibrant display with punchy colors, ideal for movies. Contains one on the best 5.5 inch, FullHD, Samsung Super AMOLED displays you can find. The same Samsung AMOLED display now comes with OnePlus 3. BTW Vivo, Oppo & OnePlus belongs to same owner BBK Electronics of China.
3) Flagship grade built quality. You hold it in you hand and you will feel the difference.
4) Still the thinnest phone in the world, everybody will notice the thinness instantly.
5) Comes with Snapdragon 615 which is a heat king. Fear not X5Max have excellent thermal solution embedded in this phone as its was their flagship phone. With full battery I once played a super heavy game Asphalt 8 until the battery went dry, except for getting heated near the volume rocker area where the Snap 615 is embedded, there were no other issues. X5Max comes with metal chassis and body, hence it absorbs the heat from the chipset and make sit work efficiently. Not a Motorola Moto G4 Plus fiasco here. Heavy games play super smooth with no frame drops for extended periods of time.
6) It does NOT comes with inherent support for VoLTE. That said with Relaince Jio SIM you will still be able to surf internet like any other 4G phone, but for VoLTE calls you need to use their Jio app. If VoLTE is must then i recommend Vivo V3Max as I am also using this phone.
As an audio enthusiast I have owned all Vivo flagships at one point of time. Be it Vivo XShot, Vivo X5Pro or Vivo X3S the phone which shined above all of them is undoubtedly the Vivo X5Max. No doubt it was their most expensive offering in India at INR 33K launch price.
RishiGuru, 14 Oct 2016Currently their is NO phone on the international market that can achive the audiophile sound q... moreThanks. Another question. Is the phone has heating issues how is screen quality. Is videos look great same as samsung note 3.is it supports volte. Pose reply as I want to buy this.