Dongmush, 09 Apr 2019yeah ~~ i m also from MY. really amazing ~~ i giving 10 of 10 for this pricing ~support 4g+ network in malaysia?
neohimura, 08 Apr 2019Hi bought the international 8gb ram 128gb rom with stock android in Malaysia. Following are my... moreyeah ~~ i m also from MY. really amazing ~~ i giving 10 of 10 for this pricing ~
Hi bought the international 8gb ram 128gb rom with stock android in Malaysia. Following are my opinions:
1) the screen is amazing. Hdr support. Thumbs up.
2) pressure sensitive screen function is very good. Especially on games like pubg. Thumbs up.
3) shark space is very good. Overclocking, screen color setting, network setting, sound setting. These settings are only available for gaming related app and are not system wide.
4) gaming performance is great. No lag on all games i tried.
5) homescreen scrolling, opening app is smooth.
6) no bloatware. Very minimum apps installed. There is a plus side and negative side to this. It makes the experiense much smoother. Sadly the built-in functions are also minimum/basic.
7) speakers are stereo but the sound is muffled and not loud. No system wide equalizer built in. For example, on low volume, i cannot hear the voice in some youtube videos because the background music is louder. I think the "bass" is set higher and the "treble" is set lower than it should be. Had to install 3rd party equalizer from playstore to improve sound quality (which consumes more battery)..
8) no VoLTE support. Come on, this is 2019....
9) no split screen multi tasking. (Which i believe was supposed to be native on android pie)
10) having issue with ota update. Update is available but cannot update. Checked on black shark official community forum and many people are having the same issue.
11) battery drain. With 1 hour of pubg, battery dont last the whole day. "Google" is consuming more battery than pubg.... Restricted "Google" background usage and used battery optimization but it still consumes alot of battery power.
12) in-display fingerprint is slow and not very accurate. Oddly especially when my fingers are dry. The new ota update supposed to address this but sadly like i mentioned above, unable to update....
13) no widevine cdm L1 security. Only have L3 security. Cannot use HD setting on streaming services like Netflix, Amazon prime etc. Can watch on SD only. Very disappointed with this. Netflix HD and UHD would have been great on those amazing screen..
14) no 3.5 headphone jack. But i dont mind this because the black shark official seller in Malaysia included a free bluetooth headphone. Thumbs up.
I believe hardware wise, the global black shark 2 is almost flawless. But the stock android OS, firmware and software needs a lot of work. The OS looks like it was put together in a rush (maybe overnight). No optimization and missing a few key feature for a usd600+ (Malaysian MYR2499) smartphone. I heard the chinese version has much more functions. Black Shark 2 could have been a true Gaming Smartphone. They nailed the "Gaming" part but partially forgot about the "Smartphone" side. I sent mine to a nearby authorized service center. Hope they can solve some of the issues.
I hope someone from Black Shark team will read this post.
morningstar, 06 Apr 2019You just answered most of my questions about this phone, so your phone is running Joy UI, as i... moreif u purchase international ver, the JOY UI is almost same as stock android. I love it so mush
Rein, 31 Mar 2019Been using this as my daily driver for more than a week now. Got it on China ROM (8/256 from a... moreYou just answered most of my questions about this phone, so your phone is running Joy UI, as it is a Chinese version, of course, sideloading apps is the best solution for China-based OSes, Google Cam ports also works, too, which is really really great.
Also do you have a YouTube channel? I'm certain there are also people like me interested in knowing what it feels like to have the Black Shark 2 as a daily driver. Factors like, not having money to buy one, and if I've got money, doesn't want to waste it for a proven so-so expensive device, are what holds me back on buying this device.
Your reviews would be very helpful.
P.S. As Joy UI runs on the Chinese version, and a Stock Android powers the Global version, I am also concerned about the longevity of supports to be given to the device, those are, security patches, up to date, OS upgrades, as Android 10 Q is on its way, by the time of writing.
Theresa Bian, 06 Apr 2019I have been waiting for this specs.. is this phone already solved the problem of heating like ... more"Multilayer Liquid Cooling", check out their homepage for a full presentation
Okay, when are the major manufacturers going to really exploit the power of Snapdragon 845/855 chipset?
Every-single-bloody-time there's something that's missing. Like in this case, an amazing hardware, but with the capability of shooting FHD videos at 60fps at least (with options for going as far as 240fps, which I know would hurt the battery, but just putting it here), they continue to ignore it.
I have been waiting for this specs.. is this phone already solved the problem of heating like the other xiaomi product?
I think i never find a phone suits to me, always one or more important thing is lacking. SD855, Front facing Stereo speakers, good battery/fast charge but camera is not in top ten, no water resistant, 3,5mm not so important, wireless charging, usb 3.1 :( Looking a phone with all that above in. HTC next flagship will may great for me but if its live.
Anon, 30 Mar 2019Gaming phone without a headphone jack or micro sd.... no thanksEasily use a type-c to jack3.5 mm adapter
Truth, 29 Mar 2019 All this and it can't even record 2160p60fps, like the much cheaper Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Remember, it's a gaming phone
Anon, 30 Mar 2019Gaming phone without a headphone jack or micro sd.... no thanksHead jack type C
bertLoves, 01 Apr 2019Consider buying Bluetooth headphones? Costs around 800 least priceBuy from tao bao for much less prices
Anon, 30 Mar 2019Gaming phone without a headphone jack or micro sd.... no thanksConsider buying Bluetooth headphones? Costs around 800 least price
Been using this as my daily driver for more than a week now. Got it on China ROM (8/256 from a Philippine seller) so had to sideload Google Services and works good. No headphone jack but I'm always on bluetooth headsets so doesn't really bother me. The camera was so-so, but after installing Google Camera apk mod for the Mi8, I'd say it's a huge improvement. Do remember this is a gaming phone so cameras are not considered priority. Some games though are having issues being installed via Google Play so sideloading is the only answer. Got issue with the GPS location for a few days, it was more a hit-or-miss with that. GPS suddenly worked about 2 days ago from today. Battery life is so-so as well. But haven't experienced any lag or performance issue in terms of gaming. This coming from an iPhone user.