Just received it yesterday(21st) noon after booking on 19th (Chennai). (that was a quick delivery..!!)
It just looks a piece of Art!!! Great Packing too.
Yet to explore more.
When I registering on mi cloud its always showing network error. I have tried many times. Plz tell me how could I create account on MI Cloud...
Syed Ali, 22 Aug 2014*** I have this Spartan from 3 weeks and and i've operated it in "balanced mode" ***... moreIt's good in the price range. There is no better option in this price range.
Few negative :
1. Camera: The specifications is good. Practically the image comes quite dark.
2. Speakers sounds is not as good.
3. Touch screen response is sometimes slow.
Rest I agree with all that you said.
asus zenfone is better wiht dual sim support,mem card suppurt and above all reliable service centres. Xiaomi fails on all these.
*** I have this Spartan from 3 weeks and and i've operated it in "balanced mode" ***
I think xiaomi has made its name so i don't have to review the company i guess.
1. Starting from build quality mi3's build quality is just awesome.When you hold it you know u've got a premium phone with a premium metallic finish.Its a strong phone inshort for the ones who will be using it as a "cellular phone".
Buttons have a premium finish and they are really great.Some people might think they are loose but as it has curved sides so it may feel like a little loose but they aren't.
2. The display is really bright vibrant and has a crisp output as well as it has 3 modes for different colour,warmth,saturation outputs.It is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass3 so yup it is protected(remember it is not a bulletproof glass).
[ Breaking of glass depends on how the phone lands on the surface after falling off]
3. The sound is really great and loud too of earpiece as well as loudspeaker.The quality is great too of both of them.For people who want great loudness remember it is a smartphone and not a featurephone.
It has got dirac sound plus various modes and equilizer too.the earphone sound quality is just to its fullest.
4. From performance point of view it has a Snapdragon800 SoC.I don't think i have to mention more.No lags,no hangs,no force closes absolutely a power house.
5. MIui is a great skin over android which has no lags too.Yes it is a ram hungry skin but ~400mb ram is always free and the features you get are absolutely what you want.You wont need any 3rd party apps.[free ram is just wasted ram]
6. Gaming performance: even in battery saving mode i.e the lowest performance mode asphalt 8 works like charm without any lags.Various other games work without lags in the
7. Camera: It is a great 13mp snapper.Details are great,exposure is great,colours are natural,sharpness is great too.And cherry on the top it has manual focussing which is just awesome for photography crazy people.Front cam is great at 2mp.Once again the same as 13mp snapper except you dont get manual focus here.
Video clarity and mic is great too for a 1080p video clarity.
8. There are no problems in calls.There is a loud earpiece for that and cell reception is just amazing.No problems at all.
9. "Battery Life":It has got a 3010MaH battery which is a great power resource.For heavy use it will last a day minimum.For moderate use it will last 1.5 days and for normal use it will last 2 days.
In my testings it lasted 2 days with display time 6 hrs and yet 8% battery to go(in balanced mode).
Last but not the least go for it blindly...it is worth the wait...
***for people complaining about heating issues it has got a snapdragon800 with 8mm thickness profile of mi3 and a metallic body.till now i have not got any heating issues even after playing asphalt 8 for more then an hour constantly.It's an electronic gadget not an ice.
for people who are having trouble opening their sim trays u'll just have to apply a little more push it won't harm your mi3...:)
what is the easiest way for getting this cell phone? i tried bt cudnt get this. when we will get this phone easily in the market...???? i will be thankful to you if u tell me with out any hesitation... NOW ME FROM NEPAL..... THANK U!
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2014not getting 3G speed on my BSNL sim,kindly helppal!! don't blame this awesome cellphone, use another mobile company for better 3G connection. BSNL works pathetic in any handset.
am using mi3 nearly for two weeks. got one last auction too. i am facing one prob now. when we get a call from unknown number while its ending it shows in chinese language in screen.(intimation) . how to resolve this
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2014If you don't care then why are you answering? It's not pointless, It's logic. MI3 doesn't have... moreCorning Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant not scratch prof, therefore is better to put on a layer of screen protector, seem many S3, S4, Note2, Note 3 corning gorilla glass broke when drop, some even scratch badly, if you can;t accept Mi3 had Corning Gorilla glass then is really your own problem..
I have bought this device in India through flipkart a month back. I will be moving to Germany next month. Can I use the same device without any issues? Please help. Thank you
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2014GSM ARENA Review cannot be considered official confirmation. Company may be provided a handset... morestop being so Pricky man...I have been using this for about a couple of weeks and I didn't find any problem with the phone or screen... in the end user experience matters the most...stop worrying whether it has a CGG display or some other scratch resistant display...
Simon, 21 Aug 2014please give feedback on the phone ,i have read both good and equally bad reviews of the phone ... moreThere are already 179 pages of discussions and many reviews here. Do not bother too much about them. In my opinion the phone is worth buying. To eject the SIM tray you will have to put a little bit of extra pressure with the pin provided. The phone can heat up like any other smartphone when your 3g is on, playing a heavy game or having a long phone call when 3g is on. The audio quality is quite good and the speaker is quite loud, although gsmarena review says otherwise. Screen going blank during a call is a normal function of proximity sensor to save battery. If the screen does not turn on again when you move your phone away from your ear, then just press the volume button. This is my first Chinese company phone and different from cheap and substandard ones. The phone is worth the money you are paying.
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2014If you don't care then why are you answering? It's not pointless, It's logic. MI3 doesn't have... moreWhy iphone 5s offered screenguard as 1st accesory? they also use low quality glass to absorb cost? dumb question.
AnonD-296902, 22 Aug 2014Thanks. But again whenever I tried to download the videoDer software also, the msg come from M... moreDownload Tube mate from MImarket which is available inbuilt in developer rom (similar to playstore). If u r using stable rom then somehow download mimarket and from there u can download.
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2014if you want to download youtube,then the best app is videoder, which is not listed in play sto... moreThanks. But again whenever I tried to download the videoDer software also, the msg come from Mi3, that this file can harm ur device! With is same thing happened also with tube mate software . need help
I find my ph heat up very quickly whenever I am connected to net
And my you google voice command is not working
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2014not getting 3G speed on my BSNL sim,kindly helpSame prob here 99.99% works like 2g connection 0.01% like HSDPA 250-300 kbps