Anonymous, 04 Aug 2016My Mi4c 3GB/32GB came with a suspicious unofficial rom 77.something which drained the battery ... moreThe same experience:
1. I found almost immediately a report of Clean Master antivirus app that Xiaomi Mi4c 3GB/32GB came with 2 Android viruses pre-installed - Android.Troj.ya_ExpenPush.ac (Compromised device can be remotely controlled by hackers) and Android.MALWARE.at_Coudw.b (may leak private information and charge fees on your account). Something more - there are around 10 pre-installed apps - several games and unnecessary tools, which are coming pre-installed and can not be uninstalled, only disabled.
2. The OS was unofficial version MIUI 184.108.40.206(LXKCNCI) stable, instead the official V220.127.116.11.LXKCNCI. The OS version number was higher - that means it would never get official software update.
3. The 3GB RAM was constantly used above 70%, often above 85% even without any running app. Even after a clean install of official Chinese MIUI ROM the RAM is used above 50%. The System Monitor app was listing several hundred system processes including for example 72 IRQ... proceses, 55 kworker... processes, 28 therm_core:noti processes, etc. No such system processes are visible on a Nexus tablet with the same Android v.5.1.1, however only one "Android System" process. That is a serious security warning too.
ordvoskin, 04 Jul 2016Recently purchased the MI4C. So far good phone. Got several annoying "features" that I can'... moreTry version 8.0 from Xiaomi.eu, it improved the notification area and has multiple language options.
Love this phone, coming from a Samsung galaxy alpha. Yes, you will probably have to switch Roms, but I've run mine with both Cm 13.1 and Xiaomi.eu English version of Miui (my favorite) and love it. Used TWRP loaded with fastboot from TS Cm 13.1 and once done I've switched between Miui and Cm.
Installed (TS)team superluminal CM13.1 marshmallow 6.0.1, got rid of that stupid miui. Phone works amazing, blazing fast, very good battery life, no bugs yet discovered. i recommend to flash the cm 13.1 rom from TS, you won't regret it. I have the Mi 4c with 2gb RAM NOT the 3GB version but the ROM still works as intended.
this phone not fast charging ... i tried from 0-100% in 2,5 hours ... just like meizu m2 note but m2 note has long batrey life ...
zick, 08 Aug 2016please tell me how did you unlock the bootloader??I used this guide
The phone is good but the speaker is awfully slow. Is it only with my Mi4c or anybody else have the same issue with this phone.
My Mi4c 3GB/32GB came with a suspicious unofficial rom 77.something which drained the battery far too quickly when mobile data was on (spyware?). Changing to the official miui v7.something solved the problem. Now I'm on Team Superluminal (Finnish origin) Cyanogenmod 13.1 Marshmallow, which works like a dream.
For hardware, be careful when inserting SIM cards, especially with adapters, otherwise the dual SIM reader may get broken!
Excellent phone with a very good camera. HDR quality and the 13 MP of the photographs is astounding and the phone is very well balanced in user friendliness and functionality. Best buy considering price/quality! The only feature I can not find is the zoom function. Is there anyone who can help me out, or is there no zoom function on his device? Thank you very much!
over7, 11 Jul 2016Will the tap edge feature will disturb me while playing games on my phone? No, it is easily disabled.
Will the tap edge feature will disturb me while playing games on my phone?
fach, 26 Jun 2016Can i got english language in a chinese rom?yes, the Chinese Rom does support English language in options along other Asian ones.
Recently purchased the MI4C.
So far good phone. Got several annoying "features" that I can't seem to fix:
- Notification line is very narrow, and barely readable.
Online forums suggest changing a theme. I like the phone's default.
Isn't there another solution? Please assist.
- Red underlines while typing. When a foreign language (e.g. Hebrew), the
phone detects all of the words as typos. Can't find a way to turn off the spell check.
Thanks for the help.