AnonD-509475, 01 Mar 2016I have a problem with my mi4c
My mi4c can't doing charge when my phone turning off. Why it... moreRestart your phone should charge
If it keeps occurring , clear the cache by entering fastboot
I have a problem with my mi4c
My mi4c can't doing charge when my phone turning off. Why it can be that? Anyone can give me a solution? Please help me
Can i use mi4c in india if i got it via any online seller?
Will it's bootloader lock cause any issues??? Someone plz help me
AnonD-503860, 18 Feb 2016Mine had everything on it (google play store and stuff like that) it had no chinese apps and p... moreHi friends,in mi 4c how much free storage available in 32gb version ?what about the fast charging gsmarena mentions 40% in 60mins ,if it takes that much time it's a fast charging?
There's android 6 marsmallow ROM available for this phone. You can get it from teamsuperluminal.org
No privacy issues, clean AOSP based ROM and really fast and stable.
I never use miui again!
lapax, 15 Feb 2016I've got the Mi4C. Been using it for several months now. It's very good and I've had no proble... moreMine had everything on it (google play store and stuff like that) it had no chinese apps and perfect translation. Only if you can help me i have a problem that when i tap llike when im writing it just taps somewhere on the screen randomly
I don't understand how do you guys have any problem with this phone. i boughtt it in Croatia and it doesn't have any problems like chinese apps or something, google play store was automaiclly installed. ONLY problem that happends is called ghost tap or something like that, basicly when i tap it sometimes just taps randomly on the screen.b
maxgenuinegenius, 28 Jan 2016Guys, i recommend you guys not to buy Mi4C if you are from out of China, there is no problem w... moreI've got the Mi4C. Been using it for several months now. It's very good and I've had no problems. No I don't know any Chinese.
The first thing you should do is to install the official global rom from the the MIUI forum. Mine came with a custom ROM as it was from a third party seller and it was terrible! But after installing the official rom (just takes a few minutes) everything was good. Oh one more thing, Google Play does not come pre installed so you have to install it yourself. Again, not a problem. Just download the apk and install. That's all. You will still be left with a few Chinese apps but it doesn't get int he way.
The phone is good. No hangs and lags experienced till now. Very smooth. No over heating issues. Can handle any game.
One problem I couldn't solve was that by default the app store will be the MIUI app store. So when you click on a link to an app it opens the MIUI app store and most of the time the app will not be present there. I haven't yet found a solution make the Google Play store the default one.
On the whole I'm very satisfied with this phone.
If you want a phone to use right out of the box, don't go for this one because you will have to make some initial tweaks.
1. My first impression - very light and comfortable in hand.
2. The initial installation was flawless - just a copy of your Google Android profile from previous mobile phone and adding your favorite Android apps. There was Google Play already installed. The Chinese MiStore is almost impossible to use since every app there is in Chinese language. You may still download several jpeg background themes though. The audio alarms choices are nice however in Chinese language too.
The navigation sensor is fast and sensitive and found almost immediately 18 GPS+GLONASS+Beidou satelites, 22-23 satelites were available outside.
3. However, I found almost immediately a report of Clean Master antivirus app that Xiaomi Mi4c came with 2 Android viruses pre-installed - Android.Troj.ya_ExpenPush.ac (Compromised device can be remotely controlled by hackers) and Android.MALWARE.at_Coudw.b (may leak private information and charge fees on your account). Something more - there are around 10 pre-installed apps - several games and unnecessary tools, which are coming pre-installed and can not be uninstalled, only disabled.
No reputable company would sell mobile phones with dangerous Android viruses pre-installed.
4. The 3GB RAM was constantly used above 70%, often above 85% even without any running app. Even after a clean install of the official Chinese MIUI ROM the 3GB RAM is still used above 50%. The System Monitor app is listing several hundred system processes including for example 72 IRQ... proceses, 55 kworker... processes, 28 therm_core:noti processes, etc. No such system processes are visible on a Nexus tablet with the same Android v.5.1.1, however only one "Android System" process. That is a serious security warning too.
5. According to many sources (just Google "Xiaomi security warnings", "F-Secure Xiaomi") Xiaomi phones send regularly user private data to servers in China. That is indeed a violation of European Privacy laws and such phones should not be distributed in Europe.
6. The AnTuTu performance was initially 42557, similar to LG G3 (Lollipop). After clean install of official Chinese MIUI ROM the AnTuTu performance went to 53119 which is very good. The HD video performance is good however the battery discharge is very fast.
7. The Miui launcher has no Android Apps tab and all the Apps are installed and placed directly on the front pages. You may indeed place them in folders or use different Android Launcher. Still a clean standard Android launcher would be the best.
8. The quick charge is fast. Unfortunately it came with American power adapter and unstable very cheap adjustable European socket.
9. The micro USB-C socket is not advantage, however a disadvantage since it is not compatible with other standard micro USB cables.
10. After considering the danger to privacy caused by unknown MIUI OS running hundreds unknown system processes and the violation of European Privacy laws I returned the telephone to China.
maxgenuinegenius, 28 Jan 2016Guys, i recommend you guys not to buy Mi4C if you are from out of China, there is no problem w... more?? From the beginning, this phone was shipped only for the Chinese market, not for international markets.
I guess if you wanna buy such domestic devices to use overseas, you need to research first.
I checked the cellular bands, availability of custom ROMs and other issues like locked bootloader by flashing recent dev ROMs to use it in Japan.
If you're not happy, you should use phones sold for international markets. At least, Xiaomi is not one of those companies yet.
AnonD-89948, 30 Jan 2016I am sure you will happy with it and being the flagship having full metal body and premium fee... morethank you :)
well, I am not considering the 4G for now (as it's not supported in Egypt yet).
As an overall from the reviews I have seen, the performance of Mi 4c is a little bit better than Mi 4 .. for about $50 dollars more .. in addition to the design quality and battery life (a little better on Mi4 ) ..
so over all, I think Mi 4 matches my needs more than Mi4c .. for the time being .. ;)
AnonD-3570, 29 Jan 2016thank you for your reply .. i already purchased an Mi4 from Aliexpress, waiting for delivery b... moreI am sure you will happy with it and being the flagship having full metal body and premium feel ovr the Mi4c though there are a few things that may be un upgrade with Mi4c in the 4G bands and other tweaks I would rather have Mi4 out of the two.
AnonD-89948, 29 Jan 2016Just read on MIUI EN forum that best to use screen protector no real concensus as to the scree... morethank you for your reply .. i already purchased an Mi4 from Aliexpress, waiting for delivery by next Thursaday or so, isA .. :)
AnonD-3570, 17 Jan 2016i am comparing between Mi 4, Mi 4i, and Mi 4c .. i am sensing that 4c is the best of them .. c... moreJust read on MIUI EN forum that best to use screen protector no real concensus as to the screen being gorilla glass and if it is one person stated it scratched easily.
Remember this is not a flagship like the MI4 and priced accordingly.
riyaz, 23 Jan 2016Since xiaomi is locking the bootloaders on mi4c from this year, will I still be able to instal... moreYou should not have problem installing updated stable roms via OTA or downloading from forum.
The current problem seems be with changing to developer rom or flashing third party recoveries and roms.