Bought Mi5 after much fan fare, here is my review after 7 months :
1. Buggy MIUI software, so if you use just whatsapp, calling it might work ok ! but the moment you start using teleram, skype , sync on miui gives hell, hangs every now and then (Search for "MI5 freezing" on google)
2. 25K is too much for this phone , it behaves like a 10K phone , my charger adapter ( not the usb cable ) went bad just after 6+ months , so xiaomi is not replacing the charger and the famed mi protect is not replacing despite point no 26 in mi protect warranty clauses mentioned on the website)
3. USB cable is of bad quality, really , (compare one plus 3 and mi5 usb type c cables ).
4. Automatic brightness works on its own way. sometimes the software forgets that its on automatic brightness, basically the sensors and software have no sync in this case.
5. Yes, AUDIO is just BAD, like the speaker has the possibly the cheapest quality amplifiers for a 25k phone , i would say they are at the level of le eco 2 (12K) phone.
6. I am using 4K, 2.5K earphones and the sound quality is just average.
7. good part is the universal remote hardware ( just for fun, doesnt pair with videocon d2j set top box and couple older models of samsung ac :( ) , camera .
8. Lower levels of heat except when charging the phone.
Advice : dont waste 25K on xiami, instead settle for a stock android based phone.
Mi protect is a waste of money as well ( take 48 hours to reply to an email, can find numerous references to people waiting for 1 month for the phone repairs )
Conclusion: bad decision to invest 25K on xiaomi
hi.i want to buy mi5 pro.
which is better xiaomi 5 pro or asus zenfone max??please response. thanks
Hi, What type of charger does mi5 use? It looks like regular samsung charger isnt suitable. I want to buy quickcharge charger but i dont want to buy one that doesnt fit.
Stark96, 24 Nov 2016why the back side is not gorilla glass? No man it's gorilla glass 4
pk, 23 Nov 2016mi5 good but back side not gorila glasswhy the back side is not gorilla glass?
Yes, I agree with the previous person. I had Xiaomi mi5 for months. The sound quality was always very bad and it was difficult to be heard on the phone. Also the voice mail support is poor. The phone only lasted for 5 months as it suddenly died on me and when contacted customer support they have just ignored all the emails. DON'T BUY XIAOMI. I also know other people who had problem with other models of Xiaomi.
need help with my mi5
my internet connection keeps runs even after switching off the intetnet.what should i do .is this problem only for my mi5 phone or is it general
Ani, 23 Nov 2016Hi, Thinking of going for this, is the ram management any better on miui 8? Also, hows the ba... moreHey there, I have a mi5 fair about a week now, I got it second hand, but he was originally bought from gear best. The down side is that gear best and some other resellers install a fake rom on it. The problem for myself bad that I was not able to install the original MIUI by my self, because my pc won't recognize the adb(i have to reinstall windows soon). But I was at a xiaomi service in my country and payed about 15$ and it unlocked my bootloader and installed the official miui. Now I installed the developer MIUI global. And the battery is great, 4g all day, reading some books, facebooking texting, and playing a bunch of games, I get around 4-5 h of SOT. The ram management is great. What can I say, I love the phone. Soon I will try the custom roms for it as well.
@apon, 22 Nov 2016Is your problem solved ? Because i wanna buy this phone in short time. Please let me know.Not solved.I think there are bugs in mi5 which should be rectified by xiaomi by updates.
Thinking of going for this, is the ram management any better on miui 8? Also, hows the battery? Some people seem to be having trouble with it.
Thanks a ton.
gs1973, 20 Nov 2016Frnds my mi5 which is on miui8 why pictures of gallery cannot be set as wallpaper.Is there any... moreIs your problem solved ? Because i wanna buy this phone in short time. Please let me know.
Ythas, 20 Nov 2016Are you using custom launcher? If yes, switch to MIUI first then change your wallpaper, after ... moreYes I am already using my inbuilt mi5 launcher but there is this 'cannot load'problem.Pls help
NK, 16 Nov 2016Cant set camera images as wallpaper. I am doing this from gallery I tried this from home ... moreSwitch to MIUI launcher if you're using custom launcer like nova launcer. After that, change your wallpaper(should be able now) and then change back to your preferred launcher