R, 27 Nov 2016Hi!! I am confused among samsung ON NXT OR MI 5! Can someone please help me by suggesting ... moreGo with Mi 5 if you can bare with 32GB memory. Mi 5 is such a great phone. I am using it for a month now. Excellent camera, Superb display, Very stylish and beautiful, good battery, flagship chip SD 820 rocks the phone very well.
I am confused among samsung ON NXT OR MI 5! Can someone please help me by suggesting which phone should i go for?
rishu85, 25 Nov 2016Bought Mi5 after much fan fare, here is my review after 7 months :
1. Buggy MIUI software, so... moreIam using whatsapp (double numbers), telegram (double numbers), fb messengers, linkedin and sometimes skype call. Everything runs awesome.
Iam a happy user of mi5pro 128GB. I dont know if other users have some bad ecperience.
Awesome phone. Its camera is awesome and clicking great pictures. Voice recording is not good. Display is very vivid and rich in colours and also playing high graphics game without any lag.
got my mi5 15 days ago...its juz next to awsm..dun knw y peooles r gvng ngtv cmnts ,.may be they got a faulty one...mine is wrkng life a butter... plyng high graphic games..nd getting good battery life too ..
telegram, skype and other messengers you have to add to security - autostart applications.
after that all works ok
Bought Mi5 after much fan fare, here is my review after 7 months :
1. Buggy MIUI software, so if you use just whatsapp, calling it might work ok ! but the moment you start using teleram, skype , sync on miui gives hell, hangs every now and then (Search for "MI5 freezing" on google)
2. 25K is too much for this phone , it behaves like a 10K phone , my charger adapter ( not the usb cable ) went bad just after 6+ months , so xiaomi is not replacing the charger and the famed mi protect is not replacing despite point no 26 in mi protect warranty clauses mentioned on the website)
3. USB cable is of bad quality, really , (compare one plus 3 and mi5 usb type c cables ).
4. Automatic brightness works on its own way. sometimes the software forgets that its on automatic brightness, basically the sensors and software have no sync in this case.
5. Yes, AUDIO is just BAD, like the speaker has the possibly the cheapest quality amplifiers for a 25k phone , i would say they are at the level of le eco 2 (12K) phone.
6. I am using 4K, 2.5K earphones and the sound quality is just average.
7. good part is the universal remote hardware ( just for fun, doesnt pair with videocon d2j set top box and couple older models of samsung ac :( ) , camera .
8. Lower levels of heat except when charging the phone.
Advice : dont waste 25K on xiami, instead settle for a stock android based phone.
Mi protect is a waste of money as well ( take 48 hours to reply to an email, can find numerous references to people waiting for 1 month for the phone repairs )
Conclusion: bad decision to invest 25K on xiaomi
hi.i want to buy mi5 pro.
which is better xiaomi 5 pro or asus zenfone max??please response. thanks
Hi, What type of charger does mi5 use? It looks like regular samsung charger isnt suitable. I want to buy quickcharge charger but i dont want to buy one that doesnt fit.
Stark96, 24 Nov 2016why the back side is not gorilla glass? No man it's gorilla glass 4
pk, 23 Nov 2016mi5 good but back side not gorila glasswhy the back side is not gorilla glass?
Yes, I agree with the previous person. I had Xiaomi mi5 for months. The sound quality was always very bad and it was difficult to be heard on the phone. Also the voice mail support is poor. The phone only lasted for 5 months as it suddenly died on me and when contacted customer support they have just ignored all the emails. DON'T BUY XIAOMI. I also know other people who had problem with other models of Xiaomi.
need help with my mi5
my internet connection keeps runs even after switching off the intetnet.what should i do .is this problem only for my mi5 phone or is it general
Ani, 23 Nov 2016Hi, Thinking of going for this, is the ram management any better on miui 8? Also, hows the ba... moreHey there, I have a mi5 fair about a week now, I got it second hand, but he was originally bought from gear best. The down side is that gear best and some other resellers install a fake rom on it. The problem for myself bad that I was not able to install the original MIUI by my self, because my pc won't recognize the adb(i have to reinstall windows soon). But I was at a xiaomi service in my country and payed about 15$ and it unlocked my bootloader and installed the official miui. Now I installed the developer MIUI global. And the battery is great, 4g all day, reading some books, facebooking texting, and playing a bunch of games, I get around 4-5 h of SOT. The ram management is great. What can I say, I love the phone. Soon I will try the custom roms for it as well.