Isn't it obvious enough this phone is for the guys who love spending their time troubleshooting, experimenting with different ROMs, actively participating in Xiaomi's forum to seek answer and read a lot, search the inet for answer, etc.
For a regular guy who just wants to buy & forget, this is not it !
Buy Xiaomi MI5 if you have a lot of time and money to waste!
Sequence of events:
1. Purchased a new white MI5 32 GB phone on mi.com on May 25, 2016.
2. Received delivery of the phone on the evening of May 28, 2016.
3. Started using the phone the same night or following morning after the data transfer and setup.
4. Soon after I started using the phone, started facing call quality issues Â– often, the other party could simply not hear me and I had to call repeatedly before we could talk (incoming calls as well as outgoing); more often than not, even if the call was connected and I was talking, the person at the other end complained about not being able to hear me clearly and finding it difficult to comprehend my speech, resulting in me having to repeat myself multiple times. End result Â– most of the times, I was able to communicate only after repeated calls and spoke only as much as was necessary.
5. On June 1 morning, I called MI customer service and complained about the issue; was asked to take the phone to the nearest service center.
6. On June 1 afternoon, around 3 pm, I took the phone to their service center at Lalbaug only to be told after wasting half an hour that the problem in the phone was indeed there but their service center was not equipped to do anything about it.
7. I called the customer service yet again. After a not so pleasant conversation describing my problem, the executive confirmed that they would replace the defective handset with a new defect free handset. He promised that someone would call within 24 hours to initiate the process.
8. Soon after this, after few more other calls where the other person pretty much refused to talk to me because of the poor call quality, I finally gave up entirely on my NEW MI5 and switched to my old handset which still works well 3 years after purchase.
9. Towards the end of the 24 hours period, I had not heard from any representative from MI.
10. After more complaining on the customer service number, I still heard from no one in MI (something that holds valid till date). Instead on the evening of June 2, I directly heard from the Blue Dart courier guys who had come to pick up the faulty handset for reverse courier!!!
11. Despite the inconvenience of directly dealing with courier without any assistance from the company, I returned the phone in original packing with Â‘allÂ’ accessories. Receipt of the same has been confirmed by courier tracking number. It was delivered to the company warehouse at Bangalore on June 3 around 3:00 pm. This has been independently confirmed by more than one customer service representative when I spoke to them on the customer service number.
12. During various calls, I updated multiple customer service personnel about the inconvenience and hardships that I was having to face because of the initial faulty handset I received and the fact that the company has not initiated the replacement till date.
13. On June 7, when I check again in the afternoon, the replacement handset has not yet been processed!
Please go through my experience and decide whether you really want to take a chance of relying on this Chinese company which seems to be proving true all that has been widely believed about their quality and customer service!
I am staying in US and T-Mobile Network. Can I buy this phone.
Technical Support Team, could please suggest.
I like the appearance of this phone, I hope the performance is awesome as well. Picking this phone or Asus Zenfone 3. Hhmmmm
Qman , 04 Jun 2016Thinking about purchasing this, anyone confirm it will work in Australia /4g? Thanks try willmyphonework and you will see it will work or not :)
hi . i want buy a new phone . so i have a few phone in my mind . sony xperia m5, huawei p9, oppo f1 plus, iphone 6, xiaomi mi5, samsung galaxy a7 2016 ... overall which one is the best?
Nicks, 04 Jun 2016I noticed that on my camera I have lot of grains while taking pictures. I cleared the dust and... moreMaybe there is lens protecting film, try peel it off, if is applied. I suffered the same issue for my Lumia 920 for about six months before it I noticed it. :)
I got a scratch on my back panel, made of corning gorilla glass. I have only used the phone for a day and this problem. Pathetic quality against what is being told. Use caution when buying it
Anonymous, 05 Jun 2016Snapdragon 820 + ANYTHING = Lag? No. The SD820 is either the best or second bEst chip there is... moreNo i mean im heavy user and most of phones like z3 z5 did lag i hope this one wont.
nasim3332, 05 Jun 2016Hey men can anyone tell me does this phone lag or not?Snapdragon 820 + ANYTHING = Lag? No. The SD820 is either the best or second bEst chip there is in any phone.
Qman , 04 Jun 2016Thinking about purchasing this, anyone confirm it will work in Australia /4g? Thanks Working on Telstra 4G, no issue found.
Qman , 04 Jun 2016Thinking about purchasing this, anyone confirm it will work in Australia /4g? Thanks if you buy the international version, yes you can
Thinking about purchasing this, anyone confirm it will work in Australia /4g?
Bamdido, 03 Jun 2016Did you get it from HonorBuy? What version do you have?No i bought it in a mobile shop here in Croatia.