Anonymous, 09 Jun 2016Well, sadly, that is why I'm going back to Samsung. It works flawless out of the box. I don'... moreI have an S6 edge and I miss my Xiaomi.. saying samsung works flawlessly out of the box is a big BS, I've had apps force closing, and you never truly have the same control as in a MIUI, you think you closed an app? good luck cause background is still winking at it... not to mention it feels much, but much more RAM hungry than a MIUI.. Only reason Im sticking with it is due to the fact I need to have my work email with me, therefor need MDM SW
Yes It will work on EE for call/text/ Internet but not VoLTE and Wifi Calling
Anonymous, 05 Jun 2016Snapdragon 820 + ANYTHING = Lag? No. The SD820 is either the best or second bEst chip there is... moreIt's not only about hardware, it's mostly about software.
Hardware without proper working software = useless.
People buy Xiaomi phones based on hardware specs & its cheap price alone, which without a doubt...very attractive, and I also fell for it. But now I realize, it's not only about hardware...it's also about working software & optimizations, without which, hardware is only as good as claimed numbers in the specs. No hardware, no matter how sophisticated, can replace the function of a stable software, which is the DRIVER for the hardware to work properly. You can buy a Lalmborgini, but it's useless if the driver behind the wheel doesn't know how to drive it.
Anonymous, 08 Jun 2016hi
i am also facing sameWell, sadly, that is why I'm going back to Samsung.
It works flawless out of the box. I don't need fiddling with flashing different ROMS to experiment with problem solving. No funny behavior, no messing up with flashing ROMs, no need to spend time in Xiaomi's forum to look for answers for a problem, no need to wait for months for something that should have worked in the first place (if they actually solved it and didn't break others). No need to learn all the advanced terminology about fastboot method, recovery method, the developer rom, the stable rom, the chinese rom, and all those shetzz which will only potentially put yourself in killing the phone instead !!!!
This phone is definitely not for the faint-hearted, not for the average guys, who expects to buy a product and use it normally out of the box. I have jobs, I have resposibilities....I don't need a phone which requires me to spend hundreds of hours to make it work.
Sorry...just the truth
CAn someone tell me if this phone will work on EE in the UK(4g,3g and phone calls)?
AnonD-545360, 05 Jun 2016Hey men can anyone tell me does this phone lag or not?No..I'm using thz fon from may 2nd..till now no issues
I used to use MI3 and now Im a MI4 user and really satisfied with the product. I didnt use any case or screen protector and I only get minor scratch on the body but not on the screen, so it's a well done job Xiaomi! yes, it gets warm when you play heavy duty game for more than 45 minutes but the phone doesnt hang or restart.. Point is, you get flagship spec with mid range price and it works well for me since i dont give a quack about branded stuff,
Suvrat, 08 Jun 2016I've been using the phone for past 3 days and the phone feels pretty flawless in hands. The UI... moreHow you ordered? How many days it may take to deliver from Xiomi website. I just order now.
hitesh, 08 Jun 2016are you sure? battery is 3600? mah...as everywhere its showing 3000 mah only. how about perfor... moreI've been using the phone for past 3 days and the phone feels pretty flawless in hands. The UI is friendly and functions smoothly. Regarding the gaming experience, the device became warm (not hot) after 2 hrs of nonstop heavy duty gaming which seems rational. It's display isn't that good but surely is value for money.
Crappy MI phone and very bad service!
typical China phone, earlier what people used to buy from LOCAL BAZAARS.
Don't just get attracted towards the features whatever they are offering.
AB, 30 May 2016Guys lot of mistake is there..it has more pixel density than 428..and secondary camera is 13mp... moreare you sure? battery is 3600? mah...as everywhere its showing 3000 mah only. how about perforamance ? any lag? or freezing issue? or reboot issue? whats battery life? tell also ur usage like howmuch call and net with whatpp youtube... per day
Isn't it obvious enough this phone is for the guys who love spending their time troubleshooting, experimenting with different ROMs, actively participating in Xiaomi's forum to seek answer and read a lot, search the inet for answer, etc.
For a regular guy who just wants to buy & forget, this is not it !
Buy Xiaomi MI5 if you have a lot of time and money to waste!
Sequence of events:
1. Purchased a new white MI5 32 GB phone on mi.com on May 25, 2016.
2. Received delivery of the phone on the evening of May 28, 2016.
3. Started using the phone the same night or following morning after the data transfer and setup.
4. Soon after I started using the phone, started facing call quality issues Â– often, the other party could simply not hear me and I had to call repeatedly before we could talk (incoming calls as well as outgoing); more often than not, even if the call was connected and I was talking, the person at the other end complained about not being able to hear me clearly and finding it difficult to comprehend my speech, resulting in me having to repeat myself multiple times. End result Â– most of the times, I was able to communicate only after repeated calls and spoke only as much as was necessary.
5. On June 1 morning, I called MI customer service and complained about the issue; was asked to take the phone to the nearest service center.
6. On June 1 afternoon, around 3 pm, I took the phone to their service center at Lalbaug only to be told after wasting half an hour that the problem in the phone was indeed there but their service center was not equipped to do anything about it.
7. I called the customer service yet again. After a not so pleasant conversation describing my problem, the executive confirmed that they would replace the defective handset with a new defect free handset. He promised that someone would call within 24 hours to initiate the process.
8. Soon after this, after few more other calls where the other person pretty much refused to talk to me because of the poor call quality, I finally gave up entirely on my NEW MI5 and switched to my old handset which still works well 3 years after purchase.
9. Towards the end of the 24 hours period, I had not heard from any representative from MI.
10. After more complaining on the customer service number, I still heard from no one in MI (something that holds valid till date). Instead on the evening of June 2, I directly heard from the Blue Dart courier guys who had come to pick up the faulty handset for reverse courier!!!
11. Despite the inconvenience of directly dealing with courier without any assistance from the company, I returned the phone in original packing with Â‘allÂ’ accessories. Receipt of the same has been confirmed by courier tracking number. It was delivered to the company warehouse at Bangalore on June 3 around 3:00 pm. This has been independently confirmed by more than one customer service representative when I spoke to them on the customer service number.
12. During various calls, I updated multiple customer service personnel about the inconvenience and hardships that I was having to face because of the initial faulty handset I received and the fact that the company has not initiated the replacement till date.
13. On June 7, when I check again in the afternoon, the replacement handset has not yet been processed!
Please go through my experience and decide whether you really want to take a chance of relying on this Chinese company which seems to be proving true all that has been widely believed about their quality and customer service!
I am staying in US and T-Mobile Network. Can I buy this phone.
Technical Support Team, could please suggest.
I like the appearance of this phone, I hope the performance is awesome as well. Picking this phone or Asus Zenfone 3. Hhmmmm
Qman , 04 Jun 2016Thinking about purchasing this, anyone confirm it will work in Australia /4g? Thanks try willmyphonework and you will see it will work or not :)