Is this phone have NFC? I bought one recently and the NFC setting is nowhere to find
I've had this phone for roughly three months now, so here's my opinion. My phone before was an iPhone 5s, so some of these points might be in comparison.
* The battery, while not Xiaomi's largest by a mile, is still quite generous. It can last a day under good usage without needing to be tethered to a USB cable.
* Speaking of which, the USB-C cable is a blessing. I've never seen a phone charge so quick in my life.
* When on 'fast charge' mode (i.e. via USB-C), the phone does get rather hot. Don't be alarmed by this.
* The RAM is plenty.
* The Snapdragon chip is a beautiful thing, and has creamed most applications that I've ran on this phone.
* The camera's not fantastic. It's alright for basic photography, but video stutters considerably - I think it records at just under 30FPS at 1080p. Having higher FPS at 720p would have been a wiser investment for Xiaomi, I think.
* Not having a MicroSD slot is certainly annoying, but not the end of the world - 64GB is a very reasonable amount for a phone, and despite my attempts (numerous movies, gigabytes of podcasts) I haven't yet been able to fill it up.
* Aesthetically, it's beautiful. The back of the phone looks particularly awesome.
* The price, at leat in Mainland China (just under 2000 RMB), is more than reasonable.
In terms of specs-for-price, it's a good pick - especially in comparison to western brands like Samsung and Apple. The build quality's not as good, but is still fine. If you're after greater bang (or battery) for your buck, however, then it might be worth having a look at some of Xiaomi's other offerings - I recall a particular phone having a 4000+Mah(!) battery and expandable storage...
Personal rating: 8.5/10
Is this phone worth buying? I really like the design of this phone and the size is just perfect for my hand, i can get this phone for $180 but redmi note 4 snapdragon has the same price, which one should i pick?
Bha, 17 Jun 2017It doesn't support 1800 4G LTE band.....Why do you say that? Does your 5c have a global rom?
Anonymous, 10 Jun 2017Ugly phone, ugly brand Neither of these. You're wrong.
i m the user of this Xiaomi 5c phone, the battery drain very fast and heating problem, i buy it because of the design look good, but i dint realise this problem came from Xiaomi that famous until today will come out with this problem, i own few Xiaomi phone before but no problem like this Mi5c, in market so competitive, they also dont know how to improve the small problem happen!
Why do all manufacturers seems very fan of metal phones....metal phones have very bad reception on lte and hspa.....they should make plastic phones with high specs of processor....i hate metal cased phones