Hey everyone! I'm going to buy Xiaomi Mi5s this weekend, but i'm not sure if I should go for a 4/128 Gb or 3/64 Gb version. The difference in price here isn't that significant, so I can't really decide. Is the 4/128 Gb version much superior in terms of performance? Also, a question to those who own the phone: what do you think about the frame around display? Is it so noticeable in really life as it is in the photos? Thanks!
From the things i have read xiaomi doest give quick charge 3 adapter with phone,so with original Power adapter we dont have the advantages from qc3.you have to buy a qc3 adapter if you want full quick charging.
AnonD-617003, 04 Dec 2016Hi everyone, are you already got screen protector for your mi5s? Please let me know if you alr... moreYou can order Xiaomi mi5S glass screen protector or cases here :
AnonD-618579, 09 Dec 2016I have bought mi5s with quick charger 3.0. It need 30 minutes to get 40%, one hour for 80% and... moreMany times my Mi5S has been discharged to the point of shut down and , I put it in charge, turn it on and don't disturbit until it charges completely. Not once it has taken more than 70 minutes to full charge, and most times it gets full in ~60 minutes.
tauqr, 02 Dec 2016Mi5S changes that was noticeable and well appreciated in comparison to Mi5.
1. Camera :) awes... moreI have bought mi5s with quick charger 3.0. It need 30 minutes to get 40%, one hour for 80% and 90 minutes for 100%. Not as fast as yours.
I have tried to charge with choetech 3.0 fast charger and got the same results.
How can your mi5s faster?
Hi everyone, are you already got screen protector for your mi5s? Please let me know if you already found that.. I couldnt find that -.-
Mi5S changes that was noticeable and well appreciated in comparison to Mi5.
1. Camera :) awesome new sensor
2. Better and faster charging than Mi5. I had previously Mi5 which took hour and half on average. Mi5S charges 40% in 15 minutes and 100 % in 50 to 60 minutes. I have been using it for 2 weeks now. Battery back up is 1 full day ranging from 20 to 30 hours depending on usage/games/video/web browsing.
3. screen is same and display doesn't feel any different but my 128GB&4GB variant supports 3D touch.
4. phone gets warm a little..highest temperature I have noticed is 42 C. average is 33 C
5. speaker sound is average, not very impressive. I would advise against using only with speaker. It doesn't have stereo speakers either. Earphone sound is very good.
6. usage experience is excellent, so far no lagging in phone itself though some apps crashed due to permission restriction. If your weather app or any other apps keep crashing look it up for its permission requirements. That will most likely fix the problem.
7. the volume and power buttons are little loose, but perfectly functional.
8. It takes some time getting used to using the fingerprint unlocking.
If you are considering to buy, I recommend $379 at aliexpress for 128GB&4GB variant.
Mr.A, 02 Dec 2016Can anyone comment on the dual WhatsApp function? Does it work properly on mi5s? Also can anyo... moredual whatsapp account on a phone is an OS feature of MIUI8. All the devices supporting miui8 should be able to support this feature.
AnonD-590625, 29 Nov 2016Hello Tauqr i want to know as you said we should use China stable Rom so my question is regard... moreHi,
you should do as follow:
1. On main download page choose your device
2. Stable ROM>full ROM pack --> you can see the size of the rom of green button link, 1.2 GB. Do not click on download full rom. Instead, click on flashing guide.
3. there are three options available, system update, recovery update and fastboot update. choose fastboot update link.
4. on this page you have detailed guide telling you each step to take including asking you to pick your ROM version. scroll down and select " Xiaomi Mi 5s Latest China Stable Version Fastboot File Download"
5. follow other steps on how to proceed and install required tools and driver.
6. flash and be happy
Can anyone comment on the dual WhatsApp function? Does it work properly on mi5s? Also can anyone list all smartphone that support dual WhatsApp account? Thanks.
porto12, 01 Dec 2016Buttons are loose on every Mi5s, that's normal.Okay. Thank you so much.
tauqr, 28 Nov 2016I used Xiaomi mi5 64GB black few months back and now I am using mi5S 4GB 128GB silver right no... moreHi, I just purchased xiaomi 5s. Everything is good. However, the volume and lock button seems to be not perfectly fit(a little bit loose) although it's functional. Is it only my phone or every xiaomi 5s got the same problem?
Mirasha, 29 Nov 2016This xiaomi 5S so far ok . in term of picture and sound.ok affordable.How about xiaomi mi 5s battery compared with zenfone 3 5.5 inches