Hi everyone, are you already got screen protector for your mi5s? Please let me know if you already found that.. I couldnt find that -.-
Mi5S changes that was noticeable and well appreciated in comparison to Mi5.
1. Camera :) awesome new sensor
2. Better and faster charging than Mi5. I had previously Mi5 which took hour and half on average. Mi5S charges 40% in 15 minutes and 100 % in 50 to 60 minutes. I have been using it for 2 weeks now. Battery back up is 1 full day ranging from 20 to 30 hours depending on usage/games/video/web browsing.
3. screen is same and display doesn't feel any different but my 128GB&4GB variant supports 3D touch.
4. phone gets warm a little..highest temperature I have noticed is 42 C. average is 33 C
5. speaker sound is average, not very impressive. I would advise against using only with speaker. It doesn't have stereo speakers either. Earphone sound is very good.
6. usage experience is excellent, so far no lagging in phone itself though some apps crashed due to permission restriction. If your weather app or any other apps keep crashing look it up for its permission requirements. That will most likely fix the problem.
7. the volume and power buttons are little loose, but perfectly functional.
8. It takes some time getting used to using the fingerprint unlocking.
If you are considering to buy, I recommend $379 at aliexpress for 128GB&4GB variant.
Mr.A, 02 Dec 2016Can anyone comment on the dual WhatsApp function? Does it work properly on mi5s? Also can anyo... moredual whatsapp account on a phone is an OS feature of MIUI8. All the devices supporting miui8 should be able to support this feature.
WARRIORS, 29 Nov 2016Hello Tauqr i want to know as you said we should use China stable Rom so my question is regard... moreHi,
you should do as follow:
1. On main download page choose your device
2. Stable ROM>full ROM pack --> you can see the size of the rom of green button link, 1.2 GB. Do not click on download full rom. Instead, click on flashing guide.
3. there are three options available, system update, recovery update and fastboot update. choose fastboot update link.
4. on this page you have detailed guide telling you each step to take including asking you to pick your ROM version. scroll down and select " Xiaomi Mi 5s Latest China Stable Version Fastboot File Download"
5. follow other steps on how to proceed and install required tools and driver.
6. flash and be happy
Can anyone comment on the dual WhatsApp function? Does it work properly on mi5s? Also can anyone list all smartphone that support dual WhatsApp account? Thanks.
porto12, 01 Dec 2016Buttons are loose on every Mi5s, that's normal.Okay. Thank you so much.
tauqr, 28 Nov 2016I used Xiaomi mi5 64GB black few months back and now I am using mi5S 4GB 128GB silver right no... moreHi, I just purchased xiaomi 5s. Everything is good. However, the volume and lock button seems to be not perfectly fit(a little bit loose) although it's functional. Is it only my phone or every xiaomi 5s got the same problem?
Mirasha, 29 Nov 2016This xiaomi 5S so far ok . in term of picture and sound.ok affordable.How about xiaomi mi 5s battery compared with zenfone 3 5.5 inches
tauqr, 28 Nov 2016I used Xiaomi mi5 64GB black few months back and now I am using mi5S 4GB 128GB silver right no... moreHello Tauqr i want to know as you said we should use China stable Rom so my question is regarding This Rom , In MIUI forum MI5S MIUI8 Global ROM China stable ROM download section there are two options Fastboot and Recovery Link ? which link i have to download ? Please guide as i don;t know about this Flashing part . Please guide .Thank you in advance
Who are owned this phone,i want to ask about the battery life(screen on time),display,speaker,camera,what it's mbps for lte and are this phone release in Malaysia......thank you so much if you reply ASAP because i want ti buy it immediately :)
I used Xiaomi mi5 64GB black few months back and now I am using mi5S 4GB 128GB silver right now for a week. Here is my opinion about the difference between MI5 and MI5S and whether you should pick one over another:
1.) My MI5S bought from ali express, cheaper than other stores, came with global 22.214.171.124 but that was custom ROM installed by Ali express. you can use it without any trouble. however I can't trust custom roms as there could have backdoor built into them.
There is no official global ROM but only China Developer and China Stable ROM available for MI5S, on other hand MI5 has Global stable ROM for few months now. But this shouldn't bother you much after making few changes.
a) Without the need to roting the device, or unlocking the bootloader you can install google installer for miui8 from internet. That will install gogle play store. then you can install all your apps from your gmail account. put all chinese character apps into a folder, install english keyboard and other most common apps. You will be good to go.
b)Should you decide to install different ROM, go see tutorials made in details for that. use china stable ROM instead of china developer rom, because stable ROM is with less bugs and won't ask you every other day of week to upgrade the incremental MIUI8 version. like if you are on 126.96.36.199, in few days you will get 188.8.131.52, then again, 184.108.40.206 and so on. China stable is pretty stable.
2) Camera is simply amazig in the MI5S. My roommate has oneplus 3 and we keep comparing our phones. MI5 wasn't as good as oneplus 3 but MI5S has turned the tables. With new and bigger sony sensor..the quality is simply fantastic.
3)3D touch available on my 4GB 128 GB variant is a great add on, haven't needed to use it but its there. Its like right click context menu for certain apps like messages, notes, etc.
4) Ultrasonic Fingerprint: at first I was worried that the unlocking speed and acuracy wasn't even close to MI5 but after properly placing my fingers over it, I got used to it.
5) 4GB ram is enough. 2.3 gb ram is left free after system use which is enough for good gaming and multitasking experience.
6) you wouldn't believe how similar it feels like MI5 in weight and hand holding aspect, but yet there is pleasant distinction due to its metallic build.
7)only downside I have felt is that it doesn't have a gorilla glass protection as MI5 and as of yet, no such screen protection or case is easily available in market.
I hope you make good decision. I personally found it worth the upgrade.
Nasri619, 25 Nov 2016I already used this phone almost a month without any problem,i bought from lazada.com.my with ... moreMay I ask where you get the global rom for this device? I can't find it on the miui.com. I want to buy this phone but I don't really like the china rom. Thanks!
Nasri619, 25 Nov 2016I already used this phone almost a month without any problem,i bought from lazada.com.my with ... moreNice review bro.Personal opinion,getting the Mi5 or Mi5s ,regards to the global rom and all the added features,although you are using the Mi5s,can share any review on any differences between the Mi5 and the Mi5s.Thank you
I already used this phone almost a month without any problem,i bought from lazada.com.my with highest specs gold 128gb 4gb ram. Im totally satisfied with this phone since i merge from Xiaomi Mi4. The camera is totally beautiful and it have won against iPhone 6s, Vivo V3 Max, iPhone SE and One Plus 2 (depend on my own review from my brother and sister). This phone has natural beauty without edit. The front camera is the best because it using Sony IMX382 it has a real view,althought it doesnt have OiS its still have a great picture view. The selfie camera also natural beauty. For the first thing this phone won is the price. I bought this phone because the price is low for high specs. Its also have 2nd account that can make double apps in single phone like Whatsapp,i can open both two account and also have privacy setting to connect to 2nd device. This phone have 2.4gb remaining after system so i can use them hard. Its also have temperature reminder at 40°,42°,45°,48° it will tell u the phone is heating,i set it 40° so far i have no heating problem with 35 apps i have downloaded. Im using Redone in Kota Bharu, Kelantan and this phone support 4G. And about the battery life is totally awesome when i have about 5% left it can standby more than 2hours wihout open data or wifi. Its also has quick charger that can charge about 30mins for 80% and that helped me very much because im a little bit busy person and dont have much time to waste. When its 100% its cant stand up to 12 hours with data open 24hours. I have received the phone with Global Stable and already MIUI8 with great feature like can scroll the screenshot full page. The most i love using this phone is the display,its only 5.2" display so this phone is not too large also not too small.
This is my first review to help others choose a great phone. I have gave up after i used Mi4 32gb 3gb ram last 2 years with unstable MIUI6 and too much lags with much nonsense ads,but this phone give me an opportunity to believe once again on Xiaomi brand. So once again i stick to Xiaomi Mi5s. Im not a rich people to get the expensive phone so i better make a choice with the best specs and bigger storage for a long term. Plus im a careful owner too.
I will come here back after 6 months using it and give a review on this phone once again for those who want to buy this phone. Im sorry for my bad english. I hope my review help u guys out there to understand some.