Endiiterminal, 24 May 2017Also do not forget it has no form of screen protection. Dropped my xiaomi mi 5c a week after p... moreto be sincere this is just your bad luck... i have 3 years with my mi3 cant remember how many times on the floor without any protection is still beast, im playing allmost all kind of games and good picture, for the price 300$ when released now 3 years of course it worth. One of my friend have changed 3 Samsung from S3 (At same time and with same price S3 mi3). by the away im not Chinese, im not saying xiaomi is the best, but the price they are best choice
i reccomend not to buy any xiaomi smartphone. because they do nat have any user manaul
soft or hard copy. in additin you will have long problems with MI account.
They limit availability by themselves and provide it to 3rd party sellers and sell the same for higher price. Low price is a marketing gimmick. As if they themselves want that their devices should be sold more by resellers than by them itself. Just creating Hype in the name of low price. This company is a cheat. It's just a organised way in which they get more price for the product and lots of hype for their product
i dont understan whats "onefive" atleast u should give it a full Five... And this is a flagship Phone ,agreed but couldn't u make it kinda men type phone its looks cute like girls.
GSMArena does not specify if it has an IR blaster and in some people says it has SD support via second SIM space (like other Xiaomi phones). Could you clarify these issues, please?
Ritwik, 27 May 2017If a you are not satisfied by the way that the default Xiaomi Camera app processes pictures, t... moreI can take decent/great pictures with my redmi note 3 pro during day. The dynamic range with HDR is fantastic, bearable noise levels. But the resloved detail is somewhat lower than some other phones in this price range (huawei, galaxy J7, etc). And the panoramas are 1800px tall (could easily be 2500px). Also no proper manual mode. But it's still very good for the price.
From the evening (6:30pm ish) my pain starts. It is next to impossible taking handheld shots. I need to take at least 6-7 pictures for one good shot that focused properly. With HDR it becomes even more difficult.
I've tried google camera (a few different versions) but for some reason it doesn't work. It keeps crashing after taking a couple of pictures. Doesn't focus in pano mode. And crashes the instant I switch to video mode. It maybe due to the lack of camera api 2.
And it is the same story with their flagships as well. Great at day. Redefining shit at night (use the picture compare tool for the Mi6, pixel XL, iPhone 7 - in good light it is on par with the pixel and maybe a bit better than iPhone 7, in low light the Mi6 doesn't even feel like a flagship anymore).
I like my mi5s plus because it built in app for selfie working really well. Pictures look amazing without any editing at all. The rear camera although not 100% like samsung 7 or 8 but still one of the best with DSLR mode setting. You can get better picture if you know how to use it. Learn different type setting for better picture.
I didnt saw this phone live yet in my hands but from your review im disappointed with Mi6 display , Even Hawaii mate 9 got better display ... Anyhow other things specially camera looking great ... its a great effort for This chines company
CAMAROMANIAC3, 24 May 2017Thanks for being an example of the haters I was talking about. You pretend as if the s8 or g6 ... moreIf a you are not satisfied by the way that the default Xiaomi Camera app processes pictures, then you can always download the Google Camera App. It is way better than any other camera apps. In fact, it's one of the best right now.
Very Very poor camera quality according to standard of these types phone. Samsung's camera is much better than any mi handset.
Endiiterminal, 26 May 2017Loli totally i agree with your statement, fella.
I already tried mi 6 and compare it to my 1 years old S7 edge (S7E). Here is my subjective opinion :
- Mi 6 performance was superb but it really get terribly hot if u doing some heavy task while the S7E was better at multitasking and always had cool temperatures (such as gaming, downloading, etc)
- Mi 6 not as simple as S7E (such as i can't make new folders on the gallery and copy or move pictures on gallery)
- Mi 6 camera was good but not as good as S7E (in dynamic range, shooting HDR, manual mode, etc). 2x loseloss zoom was like a child toy, when i zoomed in with S7E, i see no difference, even when Mi 6 pic compared with my Friend's LG G5, its detail was lose by a par (G5 have much more detail and foliage). Dynamic range was shot and mi 6 rely on HDR mode much (and more slow to catch HDR).
My only complains for Mi 6 :
- No Micro SD slot
- Buggy software (always asking to back up pictures even after i turn off back up features, and when i want to factory reset the phone, always saying checking your device location for a long time)
- The screen was too little for me
- The Camera was not so great (even losing from Galaxy S6)
- I think there is No Futures Update (my family using xiaomi since redmi 3, and no one got a new android update, only OS update, i don't care people says "an update going to crush my battery life or i'm not going to because it's not safe".
Hermes Hidayat, 25 May 2017Hmmm... Mi6 camera did better than i expected lol. Depends on your level of expection. Lol. How is the low light performance?
Anonymous, 23 May 2017Gsmarena fears to make a full review of this phone because then this cheap China phone will de... moreErrr, not trying to piss you off but the last time i tried copying 50GB of music(using Apple's USB-C to USB-C cable) from my MacBook Pro with TouchBar to my Mi6, Mi Mix and S8 Plus. S8 Plus won the test.
Same thing happened when i copied 50GB of music to my OnePlus3T and S7 Edge. S7 Edge won.
So my conclusion is that research and development really matters...