Owner of the Mi 9T since July 2019. Planning to upgrade as soon as it gets 2 years old. Never failed on me, great performance, great camera, amazing screen. It was perfect for the price, at the time. Now the battery naturally is not as good as it was when I purchased the phone, and I had to deep clean the USB-C as it begun having problems when charging. Not sure why everybody complaint about the motorized selfie camera. I love it, to me its perfectly fine. As I used it maybe 10 times in 2 years, why would I like to have a hole in my screen? no way.
My phone stop working after 1.5 years. Screen when black and doesn't turn on. Doesn't seen to be a fixed online.
Seems for some reason, this phone quickly went unpopular when compared to beginning of its sales
svdcons, 02 Mar 2021I've been using this phone for over a year now, and it's time for a long-term review... moreMy phone doesn't have the negative points you cite. Have it for 1 year and still love it.
Mi 9t is a real beast. Nothing to complain in this price. Bit downside is camera and speaker quality but its fine.
I've been using this phone for over a year now, and it's time for a long-term review.
- No stupid notch/punch hole, pop-up barely used and still works flawlessly. Making my display viewing experience feels very pleasant.
- Good design, good build quality, feels solid in my hand.
- The midrange Snapdragon 730, for basic tasks non gaming, still holds up pretty well till now.
- Good battery life. Not so great, but not disappointing. Although it starts wearing out as my constant usage fo literallyr over a year.
- Nice triple combo camera setup. The quality is quite decent for its price tag.
- Even though it has an AMOLED screen and mine still looks like brand new, it suffered from black smearing effects, so intense it really bothers me. Maybe it's just my unit, though. A third party app is a must to reduce its effect, and yet that app isn't actually so reliable since it is conflicting with android security policy, causing some content on the display cannot be touched. Especially MIUI's floating window. That thing was literally broken with the app running on the background.
- MIUI, oh God, this OS getting worse and worse after each update. I had to flash custom ROM, only then I am happy.
Overall it's a pretty balance phone. As long as 2 major issues I had with this phone could be fixed via software, it's a pretty good performer actually and still able to compete with today's midranges. The only massive upgrade from this phone with similar experience but obviously better, as far as as the time of writing, was only Poco F2 Pro. Can't wait to get that to my hands on.
Can a android phones nerd help me with this?
used Mi 9t with amoled and sd 730 (8nm)
used Mi 8 with amoled and sd 845 (10nm)
new poco x3 nfc with lcd and sd 732g (8nm)
almost same price for all three. Used ones are not refurbished and have no defects. Which is the best deal?
What is its connectivity? Does it drop the signal? There is no Wi-Fi problem. I have redmi Note 8. It has Wi-Fi problem. It keeps disconnecting and also drops the signal.
Please someone tell me about redmi 9t 6GB
Those considering buying this in ASE region just know it has bugs, 5g hotspot doesn't work properly, Instagram can't post more than 15 seconds of videos in stories, Spotify automatically stops sometimes, but so far after 1 year of use it's been great, besides the bugs nothing else is bad just a few scratches here and there, and if you want to get screen protectors, get the cheapest see through non privacy non matte glass protection it'll work because it's thin and smooth so the sensor can read.
Only other thing is I wish this had a bigger battery because after sitting on a shelf for 1 year and then used for another the battery can only last me about 5 hours of screen on time with light tasks like social media.
Things to expect: phone battery sucks after updates because algorithm trying to get used to your patterns. So it'll be bad for about a week or two.
Love the pop up camera because I don't use selfies and also it's a privacy feature unknowingly
Syed Kazim , 07 Jan 2021My mi 9t battery is draining rapidly. I don't know it's a hardware issue or a softwa... moreI bet it's software. Ditched miui 12, went for pixel experience rom, the UI is much smoother and the battery superb. Xiaomi have too many models, i think that's why miui, especially in mid to low end phones feels shitty.
Khaled sami, 02 Feb 2021The same happened with me.... Very fast battery drain till 85 % don't know why.. Any one... moreThat's probably Xiaomi being Xiaomi and messing up software in the update, I know they already did it once or twice.
Syed Kazim , 07 Jan 2021My mi 9t battery is draining rapidly. I don't know it's a hardware issue or a softwa... moreThe same happened with me.... Very fast battery drain till 85 % don't know why.. Any one can help