I have had the Mi 9T for 5 days now and want to make 7 points:
1. Video Stabilization - Yes the Mi 9T *does* have this, even though the specs do not show it. Other phones have OIS or EIS but for the Mi 9T there is the Xiaomi closed-loop motor stabilization system for videos. I did a test comparing video with the 9T camera versus the GCam camera (which cannot utilize the 9T stabilization), and the results were very significant. I almost did not buy the 9T since the specs did not show stabilization but figured I would just have to put up with jerky videos when walking - no problem now though as the video stabilization is good.
There is no stabilization for photos but this is not a deal breaker for me since I can usually find something to lean up against or use a mini tripod if I want to take the best night pics.
2. Some comments and reviews say that the single speaker of the 9T is not good, but I have found it to be surprisingly good - with nice volume and decent dynamics (for a tiny phone speaker). No the 9T does not have stereo speakers but egad, really, do you think you can actually tell the difference of two tiny speakers so close together on a phone? Anyone who values decent music quality will use headphone or quality earbuds. Stereo speakers on a phone is a marketing gimmick, imo.
3. MIUI 10 and 11. My Global 9T came with MIUI 10 and it was very nice (I have been using a 2016 Redmi Pro with MIUI 8), then the update came with MIUI 11 and it is even better. I am though using Nova launcher. There was only one problem with the 10 to 11 update - Play Store would no longer update (most) apps; I followed all of the solutions found on various websites but in the end I just had to uninstall and then reinstall each app that would not update.
4. Is there another phone in the same price bracket that is better than the 9T? Nope, not that I found, after doing hours / days of research. The Oppo Reno 2Z has the same specs but costs 20% more.
5. Water resistance. There are YouTube videos showing that the 9T is waterproof for brief immersions. Hopefully this is true but at least it may show that the 9T is water resistant.
6. Telephoto - it is only 2x optical but great to have! If you want 10x optical then you will pay twice as much for a phone. Yesterday I took a pic of two friends in a group of people, then applied another 2x or 3x digital zoom - the result was excellent and my friends were impressed with the quality (I still have not told them I used the telephoto).
7. I have read through many reviews and many user comments, and I agree with all of the positive 9T attributes / features. It is an amazing phone. Thanks Xiaomi!
Jess, 23 Nov 2019Guys Need Serious Help...I Am Using a samsung s8 plus and looking for a upgrade...one of my fr... moreS8 Plus is way better than Mi 9t, Im using S10+ and i thought to try Mi 9T,but it could not let me leave samsung ui.
Guys Need Serious Help...I Am Using a samsung s8 plus and looking for a upgrade...one of my friend told me about the xiaomi 9t and...now i am looking for it....and i want to know that which one is good....s8 plus or the 9t???
Zopper, 16 Nov 2019So it's not big issue with the "fast draining battery"? It had fix, as you said to disable the... moreUsing GFX tool you can get to HDR 60fps on pubg
Camera is pretty great in daylight and it's ok in lowlight(I've also used the note 9's camera plenty of times). Speakers are decent but there's distortion on full volume
Kerginaldo, 22 Nov 2019Xiaomi Mi 9t 2019 = Display 403ppi Galaxy Note 4 (2014) = Display 518ppiYou wont see the difference anyway.
Keshan, 22 Nov 2019I have xioami midranger redmi note 6 pro and redmi note 8.....their quality is very low caompa... moreThe quality and durability is low becos they focusing the processor, so the prices of their phone cheap. If they put the good durability and quality all together, the prices of their phone will be higher then the normal prices.
I dont know about the heating issues and the signal problem, so far my mi9t doing good.
Aeron, 06 Nov 201948MP sony imx 582 sensor vs 64MP samsung sensor, which is better?Samsung 64mp much better
mi9t, 19 Nov 2019Mi9t definitey beat A70 haha and ya samsung cleary didnt not care about mid-range phone. They ... moreI have xioami midranger redmi note 6 pro and redmi note 8.....their quality is very low caompared to samsung...its heating very much and also have a signal problem.......they have better specs but durability and quality very low compared to samsung......
Xiaomi Mi 9t 2019 = Display 403ppi
Galaxy Note 4 (2014) = Display 518ppi
Battery drain becos auto-start. How to disable auto-start is simple. Just go to setting, go typing "autostart" at the search setting after u inside the setting, then go disable autostart all the apps.
Craddan, 13 Nov 2019Disable auto start featureHow to disable auto start features of apps ???
And what's the negatives and positive of disabling it???
mi9t, 19 Nov 2019Mi9t definitey beat A70 haha and ya samsung cleary didnt not care about mid-range phone. They ... moreThanks.
I asked because this friday is "black friday" and i am considering to purchase it, also the xiaomi will be with decreased price which si good.
Zopper, 17 Nov 2019Thanks for the information, as I am comparing him with A70, it seems mi9t is beating him strai... moreMi9t definitey beat A70 haha and ya samsung cleary didnt not care about mid-range phone. They only care making flagship phone.
If u looking for mid-range phone, i highly recomend u xiaomi/redmi or realme. These 3 brand are the best mid-range phone right now.
mi9t, 16 Nov 2019no heating issues. i've use mi 9t and the heating just around 38 to 39. best mid-range xiaomi ... moreThanks for the information, as I am comparing him with A70, it seems mi9t is beating him straight.
Also I am reading a lot of issues which people having with A70, while with mi9t isn't like that :)
Zopper, 15 Nov 2019I'm considering to purchase this phone on black friday, what are your thoughts? Is it true tha... moreno heating issues. i've use mi 9t and the heating just around 38 to 39. best mid-range xiaomi phone 2019
portela21, 16 Nov 2019The phone only heat because the fast drain battery problem that you can solve by disabling the... moreSo it's not big issue with the "fast draining battery"? It had fix, as you said to disable the autostart of the applications?
What about the camera? Whats the performance as example in some games? As I can see on the yt videos, the phone is doing great.