Is anyone having this problem with there phone..the screen seems yellowish while looking straight forward however when i tilt it no matter the direction it looks fine the whites are white
they miss 1 function in this phone is NFC thats only reason i dont buy it
This device is a problematic one. Few major issues:
1) Fingerprint scanner - is extremely inconsistent, face unlock is preferred method for unlocking the device.
2) Brightness behavior (!) starting from the end - it's horrible!!!
- If you use the fingerprint scanner, then, 8 out 10 times the phone will wake up at around 80% regardless to your brightness level on set on the slider, you then must correct it manually.
- The Adaptive Brightness is extremely buggy, every minor light change will adjust the brightness level up/down, it's so sensitive that it makes you go crazy.
3) Sound hardware - There's a problem with the speaker and earpiece, the phone sometimes getting mixed up between the two, the only way to solve it is to restart the device.
4) Proximity sensor - whilst in a phone call, unless you perfectly cover up the sensor, the phone will lit up time and time again which causes unwanted screen touches with your face.
Conclusion - Don't get it! It's not a Please to experience to say the least. Hopefully Android 10 update will solve it. Sep security update made no changes.
separate memory card slot required.
2 slots for sim and 1 slot for Memory card
Anonymous, 17 Sep 2019So it's $250 and is lagging in heavy games on higher settings and has a pixelated display.
... moreI'm not here to keyboard warrior, don't get me wrong but I think this phone is not for gaming purposes. From what I can see on the advertisement that they are promoting is about their camera, Android One, and battery. I'm not trying to justify for Xiaomi but just as a user itself.
I had reasons that I prefer this phone, I came from an iPhone SE :
1. I love Apple's ecosystem, hands down to them but 5GB iCloud storage? Google is giving me 15GB for a start and unlimited storage for photos.
2. Apple is getting ridiculously expensive and yes some may argue "Why not get the older iPhones?" Trust me, they are still expensive. Hence, this came out and it's under RM1k my country. And guess what, it will be as the same lifespan either I get an iPhone 8 or XR. 3 years down the road you're gonna change your battery first which costs you a lot here.
3. I'm a purist when it comes to OS because I don't use any of the bloatware that other phone offers.
So why the Mi A3? Look, forget about the 720p display. For PC, it makes a differences and you can see it when you're gaming but for a phone? I can't really tell.
It's really subjective when it comes to all these, some people like it some people may not.
My review so far with this device has been really 'GREAT' as you mentioned because, you're getting a in-fingerprint scanner, a near flagship camera, and a pure google software which gives you update up to 3 years. For a daily driver if you're doing a lot of social media and photography I think this phone is a deal. If you're looking for a phone for gaming I'd say you look somewhere else. (I did use this for a little gaming due to draining the battery to 0 for the first charge, and I know the bad part) But don't worry, light gaming are still okay if you're not bothered by the little hiccups. Cheers!
Naveed, 16 Sep 2019which phone should i chose between MI A3 64+4 and Galaxy A30 64+4?Mi A3
Anonymous, 11 Sep 2019Camera is good in Mi A3 but the display is Bad (Really BAD). Xiaomi has purposely done this to... moreAMOLED stands for “Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode”. And Mi A3 has Super-AMOLED.
720p is big let down for MiA3, When this phone launch few months ago, Fanboy insist that this is merely MiA3 lite & there would be a MiA3 pro, but many months after MiA3 launch there is zero news about Pro version, What we see is merely Mi9lite, clearly Xiaomi has sidelined Android One phone for MIUI phone, now i doubt would there even a MiA4 next year.
i rather goes to Motorola & Nokia for Android One.
Diode, 17 Sep 2019Yes....and now almost every Android smartphone support this featureThanks
Hi, does Mi A3 support dual app for FB & whatsapp? Could anyone please help me providing the information.
I only care about custom ROMs. And Xiaomi is the only OEM that makes it easy at such a cheap price.
Buy Xiaomi for the hardware, not the software. If you are looking for latter, definitely look for another manufacturer. Cus MemeUI sucks. And their Android One phones are nerfed to promote the MemeUI ones.