Why not make it a world wide band phone, with 1,2,3,4,5 etc LTE bands avalaible??? Why only 1,3,5??
Redopolis, 26 May 2017Chinese love it for some reason. they have bad taste in general. Not at all, I'm latin american and I love this phone. I have the Mi Max 1 and the bigger screen is not a problem if it is for media playing or documents, it takes the reference from the Sony Xperia Z Ultra that I also had, but it improved the battery and the size . It is not made for everyone, but they care for the few ones that are not OK with 5inch display. The S625 is the only con for me, I'll wait for the reviews to see if it is worth the upgrade.
Disappointed with Snapdragon 625 AP. It is inferior performance AP to SD 650/652 AP, which is used in the previous model Mi Max. I think that Mi Max 2 should have used SD660 AP. If so, it would have been very strong contender and cost-performance leader in mid-range phablet market segment. I expect that Xiaomi will soon introduce similar phablet with new 660 AP as MI Max 2 Prime or something like that. So I will wait for it.
Ronit, 26 May 2017Do you think they will launch it? I mean its same as Redmi note 4 with bigger battery and sc... moreSame thing i thought when i gone thru the specs...!!! disappointed with SD 625..!!
cheapsk8, 26 May 2017The white front and gold back combo is so aesthetically pleasing ... NOTChinese love it for some reason. they have bad taste in general.
Fatihculha81, 26 May 2017Cons for me are : 625 chip and the white boring front colour. (why not the gold front just lik... moreDo you think they will launch it? I mean its same as Redmi note 4 with bigger battery and screen. At least they could have gone for 626. I don't think 660 is coming and even if its coming its months away..
Cons for me are : 625 chip and the white boring front colour. (why not the gold front just like in some of the intro commercials)
I'll wait until 660 and other colours are available.
The white front and gold back combo is so aesthetically pleasing ... NOT
SD 625, Seriously?? and 506? This is not even mid range.. Such weak processing power. Apart from Massive battery there is nothing in this phone. Its a DUD..
SD625 running on 5300mah battery. What more to be said for its battery life. Giving powerbanks a run for their money. But though they cut cost using last gen processor, it has the same sensor as on mi6 with pixel size increased to 1.25π. Though i personally prefer mi5s's imx378 over imx386, i will wait for a camera review because xiaomi doesn't disappoint
I know lots of you are complaining about the specs of the phone, and I am too, but do keep in mind that their might be a prime version of this phone. If anyone can recall, in October of 2016, 5 months after the release of the mi max, the mi max prime came along with slightly higher specs. Those upgraded specs only included Snapdragon 652 over 650, and Ram and Rom increase, but that's it. If a prime model does appear in the next few months, I feel that these specs would definitely be the mi max 2 that everyone wanted.
1. Snapdragon 626/630. I know, more people want the 660 to appear but let's be real, if last year they chose the 652 which is just a slight increase over the 650, I doubt they will increase the processor by a lot. So, the 626 and 630 seems more realistic, but the 630 would be better on this phone cause Bluetooth 5.0, and quick charge 4.0 are things that lots of people will consider on a smartphone.
2. More RAM and ROM. Obviously, this one speaks for itself. If a prime version does come along, most likely the RAM/ROM will be upgraded. Although the RAM/ROM packages on this phone is already sort of a overkill, expect something like 6gb ram and 128gb storage combo. It's extremely unlikely​ to see 256gb storage as an option so well excuse that
3. Increased battery. I know, the battery is already HUGE and I couldn't argue more, but considering that the upgraded specs might affect the battery even by a little, it would be nice to have that extra juice. If Xiaomi was able to increase the battery from 4850map to 5300map by just increasing the sides by 0.1mil (I know they also slightly increased the height, but I forgot those dimensions), then increasing the sides by 0.1mil once more will most likely result in a 5400-5500 battery which will really become useful
3. Increased rear camera. I'm not talking about increasing the megapixels or dual cameras or anything like that, I'm talking about OIS. Many people claim that one of the cameras from the Xiaomi mi 6 made it on this phone, and they're mainly right. It has the same megapixels, low light capabilities, you name it. The main camera from the mi 6 is exactly the same on this phone, except the lack of OIS. If they were to add OIS on that phone, it would really then be considered the same main camera from the mi 6, plus OIS is really useful when it comes to videos and trust me, lots of people have shaky hands. It would be an overkill with the 4-axis OIS from the mi 6 but regular OIS is more than enough.
4. Upgraded front camera. I ask way less for this upgraded camera. I just simply ask for the megapixels to be increased from 5mp to 8mp. Also if the apeature (idk how to spell it) can also decrease from F2.0 to F1.9, it would be quite amazing so that way, you can take better selfies.
Honorable upgrade mentions.
1. Glass back for wireless charging. The title explains it all
2. Qhd display. This would not only seem like an overkill, but it will definitely make the battery life shorter defeating the purpose for buying this phone, but at least it would be great for VR.
3. Dual front cameras. Ya, I'm not even asking for dual rear cameras, I'm asking for dual front cameras. More specifically, a 8mp and 5mp front camera that can allow for portrait style photos like the iPhone 7 plus except it's the front camera. This one also seems like an overkill, but other mid-range phones have this feature (vivo V5 plus) so it wouldn't be such a bad idea to include such a feature (now that I'm thinking about it, mid-range phones only have this feature).
If these specs can be used on a mi max 2 prime if it comes out, then this is the phone worth waiting. Sure, it doesn't have the Snapdragon 660 or dual rear cameras, but Snapdragon 630 and OIS on the camera would really be a nice upgrade. I honestly wouldn't mind paying $50 extra dollars to buy this phone, cause it's worth it for the extra specs (and possibly the honorable mentions but those seem unlikely, but if I had to choose a favorite from that selection, it has to be the dual front cameras.)
At that price point, it's a steal. Hopefully it will be available in white/red color combination.
Anyone wants it to replace 7" tablet ? I consider replacing my nexus 7
Mi Max 2's body too big. screen to body ratio not improved (previous model 74.8% and now 74% only)
Xiaomi phone usually well known for good battery life and poor camera perfomance.
So why we need that gigantic 5300mAh battery since the phone using power efficiency 14nm sd625?
I think 5300mAh need 2hours and 30minutes to full charge the phone even with the help of quickcharge 3.0 as advertised 1hour charge 68%. In my opinion 4000mAh is enough for xiaomi phone and charging time also faster less than 2 hours QC3.
Average camera quality for sure because of f2.2 while Meizu using the sensor with f2.0.