this is more hype than the mi6 i have a friend having mi max prem. all the games we run into it plays a bit slow (loading,interface,config etc) tho they run so smooth that you cant notice it (compared to 1+3t) 626?maybe not they could retain the prev chip and all the changes should be applied, thats what they should do to name it as an UPGRADED version of thr prev well built gigantic fantastic mi max (3t&s7e user)
kean, 11 Apr 2017too bad, gpu is not enought for game pokemon go.luckily no one plays it anymore
Why on earth would they come from a Snapdragon 652 to a 626? Sounds like a downgrade to me.weird,really.
If it comes with: 1) stealth black 2) 128 GB ROM 3) slow motion camera, I will jump and get it right away. It would be a game changer if it also included a thermal camera like the CAT S60...
Sorry...until these manufacturers start using more LTE bands, can't even consider it without
As a graphic designer, I think the only thing missing in my opinion is a smart pen (like that of Galaxy Note Series). And I hope the new OS update would bring split screen tasking.
Cant wait for this updated Mi Max 2. Hoping for a brighter screen with better sunlight legibility. Also better Front & Rear cameras. Although am noticing that Gorilla Glass is no longer a feature in Xiaomi phones.
Have a Mi Max 32GB since June 2016. A way better phone and experience compared to Samsung Note 5 which I sold off barely 4 months of use. Bought it for my wife, my mom and my sister and they are happy with this.
- More than 2x the battery life of Note 5. (40 hours on battery with 8-10 hours of screen on time). Full auto sync, WIFI/LTE/BLUETOOTH/GPS always ON.
- Superior signal reception. My house gets poor signal reception, however with the Mi Max, i get reception all over the house.
- Just as smooth for normal application (Facebook, Chrome, MX Player, Youtube). I dont play games.
- Very stable OS. I dont restart as often as Note 5.
- Use a 256GB microsd and store tons of FULL HD movies.
- Now running Lineage OS 14.1 and am even happier.
- Dont need powerbanks anymore.
Note 5's only advantage is the
- Amoled screen (great in sunlight), S-Pen and Front/Rear Cameras.
- The battery life is terrible when your place has poor signal reception. Average Battery life (12-16 hours with 3-4 hours screen on time). Called the customer support, they asked you to turn off GPS, Bluetooth.. and some other features.
This huge sensor 1/2.3 and 1.55micron pixel sounds crazy? Are they bringing an "A" game with the camera?
626 instead of 625, 625 is better with 14nm and battery optimize, I've tried it on a redmi 4 prime
xiaomi should put snapdragon 660
or at least they should sport mi max2 with snapdragon 653
i think in 2017 xiaomi just using snapdragon 626 & 653 for midrange phone series, becoz in 2016 they never using these chipset
there will be no news about snap 660 just in end of 2017 & q1 of 2018
for redmi 5a, redmi 5x they use snap 625, becoz in the next months, the price of this chipset will be down
for redmi note 5 series, they use snap 653,626, in the begining they use mediatek chipset of course
MI MAX 2 rumored with Snapdragon 626. REALLY??? If it is a successor it should have Snapdragon 660 instead! If this is really the case then Xiaomi have some weird successor.
Truth Finder, 23 Feb 2017Agreed Mi Max 2 with 6 inch is much better. Its could be great if added all this features like... moreWith your kind of spec the price would be outside most people consideration.