Tejasvi, 31 Mar 2018Are you even aware of the fact that 636 is a fairly new processor...Infact its debuting in red... moreYou're right, but it doesn't make his review any less informing. As in, you're right but in something that doesn't really matter.
Bananonymous, 23 Mar 2018Just got my Mi Max 2. I'm rather happy with it. Some opinions: Pros: - Impressive battery ca... moreAre you even aware of the fact that 636 is a fairly new processor...Infact its debuting in redmi note 5 pro...This phone was launched in july 2017... How can you expect Xiaomi to launch a phone with a processor that hadn't even launched back then..
mr mi, 23 Mar 2018how is it feel use that phone? I am using it since last October, no complaints at all, battery last 2 days for me, no lagging, camera is good in daylight, its on MIUI 9 now, screen is bright enough for day to day use, It's my first Xiaomi and thinking of to go for Mi Mix soon, we shouldn't forget Max 2 is not a high end device, you get more than you pay.
Laur, 23 Mar 2018I am thinking of ordering the global version of this phone, can someone who has it for a while... moreyes you can get one for sure everyone complain about the poor display but to me this is very clear full HD display and batteries is main reason i get this phone mostly out there will fast drained battery no matter you use iphone or samsung previously i use iphone6 plus still cannot compete this android king mi max2 due to battery overall current market is king android 5300mah comen with type c fast charging fully out battery you need 2hr 20min to full for 2days usually i charge less than 1hr for whole days use
this gsmarena not complete about video there is 4k, full HD, HD, and standard is 30fps and slowmotion 120fps please the one hand mode come with 3 options 4" 3.5" & 3"inch again dual apps one time run two what's apps or Facebook with different account and also dual apps this phone usually charge just take less than 1and half hour you can fully operate for whole day long online lot of custom theme xiaomi this time has done great job this phone i been use for over a month period no hot or overheating the phone always in cold condition no matter how many hour i been use for sure
I purchased in 8 months ago mobile no complaints Mi max2 is super mobile battery backup 2 day display Quality is bad and camera good Avery one ok but software development very ost ....but mobile is good
Laur, 23 Mar 2018I am thinking of ordering the global version of this phone, can someone who has it for a while... moreThe two references in it is global version support multi language and it does not have CDMA 2000,if you Chinese version from AliExpress they stores multi language to it, there is no any other different in it.
This phone is beast all the chips of this smartphone is superb no lagging,heating and everything is so efficiently, good finishing from Xiaomi engineers. I never experienced any fault since over four I am using it,guys you can get yours at AliExpress,eBay and gearbest.
Laur, 23 Mar 2018I am thinking of ordering the global version of this phone, can someone who has it for a while... moreBattery is good... camera and display clarityis very worst and worst... very cheapest hardware...
Just got my Mi Max 2. I'm rather happy with it. Some opinions:
- Impressive battery capacity and long battery life (in my usage I can get 2 to 3 days worth of single charge)
- Snapdragon 625 isn't the most powerful chip around, but it will be fast enough for most people. It is well optimized, stable, cool and energy-efficient chip. I played PUBG mobile for couple of hours and the device only got little bit warm and that's it. Meanwhile, my Nokia 8 with Snapdragon 835 runs the game noticeably better of course, but gets uncomfortably hot. PUBG runs fine on low settings on Mi Max 2.
- USB-C, fast charger, FM radio, Dual-SIM, IR blaster, headphone jack, loud dual speakers - this phone really is locked and loaded and has features that are missing on some expensive flagships of 2018 even.
- Big screen is really immersive for gaming and videos/movies. This device replaces the need for an tablet for me.
- The device feels surprisingly light and balanced in the hand. One-handed usability is not great, but the device is not unmanageable to use (requires some finger gymnastics to use one-handed, but so does my 5,3" Nokia 8 - surprisingly Mi Max 2 isn't that much more difficult to use compared to the smaller Nokia 8 which isn't really one-hander either. I'd rather have the biggest screeb possible if all the devices on the market are hard to use with one hand anyway).
- Built-quality seems sturdy. No rattling, bending or creaking anywhere.
- Something like Snapdragon 636 would have given the device a bit more oomph in the performance department, but it is what it is. Snapdragon 625 is good enough for everything except heavy emulation (Dolphin, PPSSPP) and intensive 3D gaming on high settings)
- Camera could be better. The hardware is there, but the software is no good and you need to unlock bootloader if you want Gcam mod because Xiaomi has disabled camera2api in MIUI.
- The size. It's easy enough to use and the benefits of large screen are numerous, but carrying this device is another issue entirely. Having this thing in your pocket feels pretty ridiculous (but not as ridiculous as Oukitel K10000 :D).
- Missing LTE bands for europeans even on the "Global" variant, namely B20 and B28. This is not a huge issue for me (otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the device in the first place) but be careful - check the bands that are used in your area if you are interested in Mi Max 2.
- MIUI is kind of hit and miss. I don't really dislike it, but there are few annoying quirks like the notification system and not being able to disable unused Google apps e.g Duo. MIUI 9.5 is set to improve the notification system and hopefully Mi Max 2 will eventually get Oreo as well. It was released with Nougat, so it would make sense to get one Android upgrade at least, just like Mi Max 1 did.
I am thinking of ordering the global version of this phone, can someone who has it for a while now tell me a few things about it? Is it a phone that will start deteriorating and die after a while? Is it worth buying? I hear the battery is excellent, is that true? I don't mind the poor camera, as I don't take hardly any photos. Anything else you can share about your experience having this phone?
ASCO, 22 Mar 2018Any idea if this phone will get android 8?Yes it will receive with miui mask
mr mi, 23 Mar 2018how is it feel use that phone? It's very big but you will get use to it after some time. It's a gode phone I recommend it
I have inserted 128 gb sandisk class 10 microSD card.
Now it restarts 3 - 4 times a day while playing video in VLC player or Mx player...
Anyone experience the same ???
after used a month. I do not know where , how to clean the history of income call or out going call . I do not know how could copy the picture and video to my personal computer .