Anonymous, 05 Apr 2022Pure vanilla Android phones like Xiaomi's Mi A3 which I still have, all Google Pixel Phon... moreYour problem is you are fall in love with nova launcher. Move on...i am a very satisfied f2 pro owner with the lates miui 12.5.6.
After updating on Miui 13, I no longer have a sound when I receive text messages ... any help?
BEN90, 02 Apr 2022Seriously, this phone doesn't like you. I'm on android 11 and ain't experiencin... moreYou're right. MIUI doesn't like custom launchers, custom settings and custom default apps. It likes to bombard you with horrendous built in apps and launchers that's riddled with ads and spyware.
AnoM, 31 Mar 2022It seems all your problem faced had a solution. You might blame MIUI that block you using cus... morePure vanilla Android phones like Xiaomi's Mi A3 which I still have, all Google Pixel Phones and all Samsung phones have no issues with Nova launcher and other third party launchers. So you're saying it's the custom launcher that's the problem and not Xiaomi's ultra buggy, beta grade software MIUI?
Seriously, this phone doesn't like you. I'm on android 11 and ain't experiencing 90 percent of all you listed there. The phone is blazing fast and fluid.
Anonymous, 28 Mar 2022My advice: Stay with Android 10. Update to Android 11 only when you have saved enough and are ... moreIt seems all your problem faced had a solution.
You might blame MIUI that block you using custom launcher, but I don't think custom launcher always compatible to all Android smartphone model.
Stay with the original one you should have less problem. Or, I would say it is Android 11 problem.
MladenJ, 26 Mar 2022When i read all these comments, it occurs to me not to upgrade to Android 11 and MIUI 12.04, w... moreMy advice: Stay with Android 10. Update to Android 11 only when you have saved enough and are ready to buy a new phone in case the update gives you horrendous problems. That way, if the update gives you major problems, you can just buy a new phone rather than wait for Xiaomi to fix the multiple bugs (which it hasn't fixed for the longest time).
What bugs am I talking about that Xiaomi has ignored that came with the Android 11 updates (and remain uncorrected in all updates after that)?
1. Massive incompatibility with custom launchers. The Android 11 update makes the most popular launcher (Nova launcher) dysfunctional with lots of widget and navigation bugs. No such issues at all with the Android 11 implementation on other non-Xiaomi branded phones (like Samsung).
2. Massive network bugs - from the network icon displaying '5G' even if it's connected to 4G, to sporadic loss of VoLTE signal or sporadic loss of network signal which can only be fixed by removing the SIM card and rebooting frequently, or doing a factory reset.
3. Full screen gesture navigation doesn't work at all especially with the most popular third party launchers (Nova launcher), forcing you to waste so much space displaying those huge navigation icons instead.
4. Some apps repeatedly keep crashing and keep getting booted out of memory even when you set them to be 'locked' /'protected' and always running in the background. The memory handling problem causes sporadic sluggish performance and fast battery drain.
5. Widgets placed on the phone screen DO NOT UPDATE in real time and DO NOT launch when tapped. They frequently get stuck displaying old data rather than getting updated regularly in real time.
6. Clearing up of recent apps is a NIGHTMARE! You have to repeatedly clear recents several times to remove all the apps that are running in the background. The incompletely cleared recent apps is what causes the sporadic sluggishness of the phone despite having a powerful processor and plenty of RAM (I have the 8GB/256GB version).
7. Issues with Dark mode. When dark mode is activated, some app s get a weird, dark mode - light mode blend of colors causing text to be unreadable. You have to deactivate dark mode and activate it again to correct the bug.
8. The gesture bar at the bottom center can remain visible if you don't select the default launcher to hide it. In custom launchers, the option to hide it is not visible so you have to switch to native launcher first to hide it before going back to the custom launcher.
9. Disabling MIUI optimization in developer settings (needed to make some apps run properly without crashing), actually results to 'open with app' and 'share with app' functions crashing resulting to inability to open a photo processing app to edit a photo from the gallery or inability of a pdf reading app to read a pdf file.
10. More apps cannot be set as default because Xiaomi has locked them with their own ad-infested apps that serve you with obtrusive ads every time you use them.
There are lots more bugs I haven't mentioned but the above listed should be enough to demonstrate just how buggy and poorly implemented Xiaomi's software updates have been starting android 11.
When i read all these comments, it occurs to me not to upgrade to Android 11 and MIUI 12.04, which I am offered, namely i am still on Android 10 and MIUI 11 for a year and a half and everything works OK,
the battery lasts like the first day and I use my phone more every day from 10 a.m. and still as a hot spot for the tablet.
What to do now whether to switch to Android 11 or whether there are those who do not have big problems with it I need advice.
Contrary to all the bad comments, updated to the lastest MIUI 12.5 Enhanced, 184.108.40.206 Stable, the only problem I faced is screen mirroring, which only can work after restarting the smartphone. After that, it is not working again. The rest are ok, VoLTE still there with supported network, battery life is ok. No charging problem, I charge with many QC adapter everyday with various type C cable and the charging still going fast, maybe I was lucky, but really, I use many kind third party QC adapter and type C cable as low as $1 and yet to found out any issue with the charging.
Avsz, 20 Mar 2022My Poco few pro after that last update is badly affected. The battery is draining like crazy W... moreDo you ever consider that your phone is just...getting older? Obviously newer update comes with more features and resources, not forgetting essential app also getting bigger and more resource hungry hence higher battery drain. I miss the time where Facebook app is under 50MB. Change phone all you want, you will go through the same cycle again.
My Poco few pro after that last update is badly affected. The battery is draining like crazy Without average usage..... Avoid Xiaomi. This is my last phone. I'm switching to a brand that cares about their customers and the phones. Instead to having change every year.
Another horrendous bug warning for Poco F2 Pro users! Don't update to the latest 'ENHANCED' MIUI 12.5.5 with January 1, 2022 security patch! It breaks VoLTE support! You will no longer be able to use your phone for voice calls if your network provider no longer has legacy 2G and 3G networks.
With each successive Poco F2 Pro updates, the phone is getting MORE and MORE USELESS and WORTHLESS! First, you lose 5G, and now this. This is absolutely my last Xiaomi phone after after having been loyal to Xiaomi in the past several years!
Avoid Xiaomi phones like the PLAGUE!
BEN90, 05 Mar 2022Hope you know that poco f2 pro is still receiving updates consistently. Also, hope you know th... moreA January 2022 security patch update after endlessly waiting for 4 months is NOT exactly what anyone would call consistent. Updates should be monthly or at least every 2 months. And no Android 12 still for a phone at this price level is proof Xiaomi doesn't care about customer loyalty. Xiaomi thinks it has the best price performance ratio anyway so it doesn't care.
Anonymous, 26 Feb 2022I've also had that problem last year, around a year of owning/using the Poco F2 Pro. It... moreHope you know that poco f2 pro is still receiving updates consistently. Also, hope you know that it's not every poco f2 pro unit has that charging issue. That issue seems to affect the first batch of poco f2 pros produced
I'm on miui 12.5.5 (android 11) with absolutely no issues. Phone's as smooth as butter, battery life is massive.
This is a great phone, haven't had any issues. Aside from dumb bloatware that i took out. I'm not forced by at&t to buy one of their phones or phones on their list because they said my phone is 3g, when clearly it has lte and 5g. Their system doesnt recognize it which is a shame and messed up. I will be switching carriers. Tmobile works fine.
PocoF2Pro guy, 31 Jan 2022I experience the charging issue too. At first, it's fixed with spacer trick on the flex c... moreI've also had that problem last year, around a year of owning/using the Poco F2 Pro. It's a widespread Poco F2 Pro problem that Xiaomi never acknowledged despite the Poco F2 Pro being an expensive near-flagship level product. Xiaomi never initiated recall. The company has gone from best to worst. After 6 years of buying and owning Xiaomi phones and tablets, our household has/had 10+ Xiaomi phones and tablets from the original Mi Max, to several Redmis, to Mi Max successors (Max 2 & 3), Mi Pad tablets to Poco F2 Pro. But Poco F2 Pro is absolutely the last Xiaomi in our household. Never Xiaomi again.
Xiaomi is only concerned of selling you the newest models at more appealing prices and specs than the competition offers, but after you buy, it forgets and abandons the model like it did the Poco F2 Pro. It doesn't matter if you have a low end, midrange or a high end Xiaomi device. Xiaomi doesn't care about after sales software or hardware support. So no recalls for the charging board/charging design defect of the Poco F2 Pro and horrendous software update support that's practically non-existent after a year. After all, Xiaomi offers the cheapest price for the highest specs and releases a dizzying plethora of new phone models each year, so customer support and loyalty is farthest from its mind. It doesn't care if it loses its most loyal customers that used to defend it because there's a sea of new customers who'll be attracted to its low price/high specs sales pitch, never mind if there's practically no software or hardware support for factory defectives to speak of.
Johny, 06 Feb 2022Which one is better redmi note 10 pro or poco f2 pro? Stay away from Xiaomi. MIUI 12 and above (Android 11 upwards) is horrible - riddled with serious bugs and Xiaomi hasn't solved any. The worst of all is Xiaomi has not updated many of its phones security patch and Android version. Horrible, horrible company. My Poco F2 Pro is still on super buggy MIUI 12.5/Android 11 and on November 2021 security patch! For a phone as expensive as the Poco F2 Pro, it's just super horrible software support! Since its launch in 2020, its Android 10 software was only updated once and the resulting Android 11 (MIUI 12+) was and still is a horrendous mess!