Sandip Ojha, 07 Oct 2014Dear Sunilshetty.
Please give the link for latest update to solve the heating issue.hai sandip here is the link for v43
download it and install manually in ur phone
a.aziz, 07 Oct 2014please help me.weather is not showing in my lock screen.previously was showing.now it is absen... moremaybe u changed theme that's why weather is not showing.. and for whatsapp. problem
open security app and disable permission manager everything will be fine...
only those who doesn't know how to handle smartphones are complaining here
Redmi 1s has 3 major problems
1. Heating issue - still there is no working solution to this issue
(I updated to miui43, previously i tried cyanogenmod 11, mooke rom, i underclocked cpu to 3ghz but heating problem is still there)
2. Poor ram management - still no solution, simple apps like fb watsapp r still crashing lagging and hanging
3. Very poor battery backup - no solution yet, battery draining drastically, even in idle mode battery braining very fast
Please fix the camera problem when i try to capture a pic suddenly it closed may times when try to capture a pic... please make this update as earlier
Abhay844, 06 Oct 2014can we assign different ringtones for both the sims??Have you ever used a phone?
Rahul, 05 Oct 2014No. Got mine yesterday, Updated to MIUI 41. No heating, no hanging. Working like chum.Hi, can you please tell how to update to miui41? is it direct update from Redmi and can be done easily?
im using redmi 1s from past ten days and it has severe heating issues......i got a third time replacement from flipkart. this is just a piece of shit
please help me.weather is not showing in my lock screen.previously was showing.now it is absent in lockscreen and also in homescreen.
Secondly whatsapp is not working properly.no whatsapp contactlist is showing.please help me to solve this problem.
hai guys what is difference between " mi 36 and mi 41 " if we updated to mi 41 what is uses??
plz reply any one knows ..
1.there is no keypad light of bottom of 3 button any android software will work wont work ....?????
SunilShetty, 07 Oct 2014No need to root no need to underclock. Just update to latest version heating problem reducedDear Sunilshetty.
Please give the link for latest update to solve the heating issue.
SunilShetty, 07 Oct 2014No need to root no need to underclock. Just update to latest version heating problem reducedOne question do u use the greenify app..
Rishi 11, 06 Oct 2014Do you really want us to buy a faulty phone as its so called cheap in its class and then learn... moreWhen did I say I want you to buy a phone, let alone a faulty one? I was responding to a person who I think do not own redmi but said it is no good. I said redmi has the best hardware, but bad software, and that software is easily replaceable with an alternative called cm11 (cyanogenmod 11, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyanogenMod ). I think most person would require one hour or two to learn how to flash cm11, even if they don't know anything, when given a good instruction, such as this: http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=48397.&mobile=no . And if they can do it, I'd say there is no better handset for the price.
No need to root no need to underclock. Just update to latest version heating problem reduced
Before the review, i want to list down the handsets i have used -
Sony Xperia ION,
Sony Xperia ZR,
Samsung Galaxy Note,
Sony Xperia SOla.
Here is my review for the Redmi 1s -
1. Display - The display quality is comparable to most of the phones under 25000/- . At 323 pixels, display is better than my expectation. Yes, colors are not as good as SONY, but still pretty good.
2. Heating problem - I was pretty worried about this when received the phone. I immediately removed the apps which i am not going to use. to take care of the rest, i downloaded GREEENIFY app, which can control apps running in background. Right now, I am on a call for last 65 mins with 3G and HOTSPOT on. still no heating issues.
3. Battery - Battery is OK. that's what Ii have to say. the outcome depends upon the way you use the phone.
4. Camera - Camera quality is no way worse than 8MP camera coming in Sony phones. Day light pictures are amazing. Indoor pictures need a bit of expertise. Overall good quality camera.
5. value for Money - Well this is the point where this phone can defeat any other phone in the market. remember, this is just a 5999 Rs phone. Comparing it with the likes of Samsung galaxy 4/5 etc is like comparing an Alto car with BMW, Mercedes. What package you are getting at this price means the most and for that i will rate this phone 10/10. Even if this phone was being sold at 15000, i would have still given it 7/10. Brands like Micromax, carbonn, lava etc are selling really cheap and useless products at similar prices. Redmi is much much better than all of those.