I have used this phone for almost since 3 weeks. Meanwhile i have received one update for MIUI5. The phone is quite cheap in price, as in usage as well. The main problem with the phones and UI are
1) Camera stopping whenever you changeover to video mode; Even you mobile hands and stop responding to any buttons. This is serious bug in the phone software
2) Phone Hangs whenever you play any video which you have recorded through phone.
3) It keeps loosing network even other phone gets the network at the same time
4) Its UI is quite tricky to operate if you are genuine good user. But if you want this phone only for texting and calling purpose it may sound good, some occasions you may loose network.
5) At last i would like to point out, the mobile set which i received does not have any hardware problem. But it does have plenty of software problems. I guess MI has not done any testing of their UI before releasing in the market.
6) The final verdict is: the phone is quote unstable as of now, and you may face lots of problem if you need your phone to do better job than nokia 3310.
You can contact at email@example.com for any further questions
have purchased Xiaomi Hongmi 1S since from beginning battery is not working one of the worst phone i have purchased. Company is not listening at all. Battery is not available in the market so anyone don't buy this brand. I have never seen such a fone in my dreams even it becomes so hot in 1 min that we can make an omelette on it. Even my friend sandipan bought and he got divorced because the phone became more hot than him so wife sued him.
SunilShetty, 03 Oct 2014i know underclock will solve heating problem . will try thenI jus rooted it to underclock dats it..Battery backup is better now...heating is still there....not Over like earlier.
i have purchased Xiaomi Hongmi 1S since from beginning battery is not working one of the worst phone i have purchased. Company is not listening at all. Battery is not available in the market so anyone dont buy this brand.
Xiaomi, you and your effin limited availability of your phones. Boohoo.
Does this phone has following problems?
1. heating problem,
2. hanging problem
I read lot of feedback about these issues in many forums.
SunilShetty, 03 Oct 2014yes buddy i know rooting and unrooting is very easy... after underclocking it u decided to unr... moreWell after underclocking, Phones battery backup is better and also Phone isnt heating too much.
So ill keep it until We get Miui6.
SirTenzin, 03 Oct 2014I like the Stock Rom..dont wanna Install other roms. After underclockin im actually feeling l... moreyes buddy i know rooting and unrooting is very easy... after underclocking it u decided to unroot or will u use as a root user itself???
In version 43 how's the network strength..?
Anyone have any info when kitkat or MIUI 6 will be available for the phone..
SunilShetty, 02 Oct 2014http://bigota.d.miui.com/JHCMIBH43.0/miui_H2AGlobal_JHCMIBH43.0_7fe90ca4df_4.3.zip
download... moreIn my redmi, I m not able to update 41.1 Ota. Can I update to ver. 43 manually from current version 36.
Or should I wait for OTA 43.
SunilShetty, 03 Oct 2014but actually no need to underclock this... heating is due to miui only... it will overcome in ... moreI like the Stock Rom..dont wanna Install other roms.
After underclockin im actually feeling little improvement in Battery drain and Heatin Issue.
Ill wait for the MIUI6.
And Unrooting is as easy as Rooting the Phone.
Now I have redmi 1s. It looks good on hand. Yet to update v41. My question - I feel the heat & pain on my ears on speaking with other person. It happens after speaking for more than one minute. Is it a issue with this product or I received a faulty product. Can anyone advice me?
vivek77, 03 Oct 2014* This mobile has lot of issues like over heating, poor ram management, battery drain, poor di... moreWhat you said are the facts and true. But, redmi 1s is not only cheap but has the best hardware in its class (and one class above it), and it is a combination that is hard to match. As for the problematic MIUI software, spend 1 hour to download, learn, and flash cm11, and I dare anyone to show me better handsets for its class (or even the next class).