Hello this phone supports 2 GSM sims or not ?
today i want book. so please reply me..
for tamil keyboard support. use the following app from google play store.
I am using this on samsung Galaxy S, its working great.
After about 1 week of usage, I become a XIAOMI FAN.
Below are my reviews with other than specifications given here.
I don’t have enough technical knowledge, so please bear with review on simple things.
1. LOOK – Stylish & impressive
2. DISPLAY – Awesome clarity and beautiful interface with more transition features.
3. CUSTOMIZABLE THEMES, FONTS, WALLPAPERS – you can download more from MI store. (for this alone i sign-in MI account and sign out after download)
4. BATTERY – Definitely good one for average users. I am a hard user so it stands for 5hrs continuous usage (I never mind). I spoke about 2hrs continuously, it consumed only 10-12%. Also there is lite mode option with which I survived 2hrs continuous usage on powercut yester with some music and whatsapp usage (starting from 30%).
5. GAMES - No lagging, I playing clash of clans, boom beach, candy crush, subway surfer, fruit ninja, vector, sonic dash, traffic racer, etc.,
6. SOUND – good in compare to Samsung s7582 i used.
7. SECURITY & CLEAN UP - has an inbuilt app which works flawless and working nice.
8. CALL - good in compare to Samsung s7582 i used. Wow! It has inbuilt call recorder with no beep and good clarity.
9. CAMERA - it is doing all what they declared. I tried in all angles, light settings, etc., Now I am a pro in photography. It has live filters.
10. INTERNET – sim 1 is 3G, sim 2 is 2G. Very good speed in 3G. little slow in 2G. Yet to try WIFI speed. WOW! We can use NET during phonecalls, I am impressed with this in compare to my s7582.
11. OTHERS -
FM radio without headset,
batter indicator below to home button which changes according to battery level,
internet while phonecalls,
DND, Guest access, Auto brightness.
Explorer app is good to manage files,
Good music clarity.
Old TV switching off effect while locking screen,
They gave 3 screen guard freely with handset.
1. HEATING – yes this is a problem, but I guess this will only for hard users like me as I am always using 3G and games. I never mind. (pls keep the price in mind). For average users this issue will not be there.
2. BATTERY - for hard users it will stand for 5hrs continuous usage from 100%. If you are an average user definitely it will stand for atleast one day I bet.
3. SIM SELECTION - every time I need to select which sim to make call. Or I may not know how to set default sim to call. If anyone knows pls guide me.
4. NO SEPARATE VOLUME FOR NOTIFICATION – for ringtone and notification it has same volume, so it made me to put a very small undisturbing notification tone which I hate.
5. NO APPS CAN BE MOVE TO SD CARD - I never mind, we can store images, videos, docs and all in SD CARD. So I think it is far enough to install more apps in INTERNAL MEMORY OF 6GB available to user.
6. NO HEADSET WITH HANDSET by company. Have to buy separately.
7. Annoying MI CLOUD/Server. i think it will go to Chinese server so don’t use it.
8. NO REGIONAL LANGUAGE. I need of TAMIL Keypad which I used in my s7582. If anyone knows how to enable to pls guide me.
1. Restart once in a day.
2. Don’t charge frequently. Try to charge only when battery is below 40%
3. Better not to keep signing in MI Account. Use only for downloading themes, fonts, etc.,
4. Clear RAM frequently to keep good speed. Use security app all options everyday once.
5. If you want to avoid heating & to have good battery backup – avoid continuous usage, use 3G on requirement, keep backlight at low during night time/low light.
6. Use case cover to avoid slippery. It is so slim. I too have to buy.
Guys, don’t look for negatives alone. All are there in our usage and maintenance only. Keep the price in mind. You can’t get all these features at this price. You can go for this with eyes closed. Good luck!
Emmyk, 15 Sep 2014I am going to buy this mobile tomorrow anyone who can tell me how to get it on a sale day plz ... moreHi Emmyk...they mentioned in the website that this time they are not providing any freebies like screen protector and sim adapters..do u know that
hey i am redmi 1s for 4 days , i have a problem with google now it is now receveing my command, also i cant send voice messages in wahtsapp, skype video call also now working
did any one encountered this problem.
If have solution help me..........
good budget phone. camera clarity good. All specication is good. But audio & music player sound clarity is very poor.
heating is common issue with every smartphones but battery backup is poor if u r not a gamer it will last whole day other than that excellent phone with good camera front and back, beautiful custom rom with lotz of themes, good to handle looks royal, very good mb no wories damn sure who r willing can buy tiz mb.....
help me....my red mi is dead,not turning on after 3 hours of use...tried all but phone not switchig on.no logo and nothing all..no satisfactory answer by flipcart about replacement..worst experiance..help me for solution..6k for 3 hours..
suny lac, 15 Sep 2014hey guys after using this phone now i m posting my own experience
phone is good on hardware... moreif you root you can freeze system apps with titanium backup to freeup ram
if you dont want to root you can use greenify app to hibernate background system apps
try to avoid using default or chrome browser as they eat lot of ram
for casual surfing use opera mini or any other lite app
remember to close all tabs in browser before exiting
Anonymous, 15 Sep 2014yes u should call ...my is 8228 ..nd does'nt heating at allWhich did you use to check the CPU and confirmed that its MSM8228? I checked with few apps all showed MSM8226 but antutu showed MSM8228 and the answer from few members i got it that CPUZ is not updated to recognize this CPU.
dharit, 15 Sep 2014Does your Music player stops abruptly sometimes while browsing? I am facing this bug...Yes...same prblm here :(
many people hav complained abt the deivce getting hot; well 1>its a quad core device and the procesor is clocked at 16ghz.. its supose to get hot after hevy use fr 20-30 min...
2> the weather effects on ur phone temp.. if u r outside and using it fr heavy gameing and constanst surfing ; it will get hot more quickly ..
3> dnt use phone fr a littel while when it reachs more than 40 degree
4> if u want u can root ur device and lower the clock speed to 1`.2 ghz; u wont face any issues with performance...
Emmyk, 15 Sep 2014I am going to buy this mobile tomorrow anyone who can tell me how to get it on a sale day plz ... moreIf u r a casual user of mobile phone then go for it. Otherwise to all those users who understand performance and efficient operating system I would recommend Lumia 530 for budget phone or higher based on ones requirement. But I must tell windows is gr8. Not much aesthetic look of background but reliability is xcellent
I am going to buy this mobile tomorrow anyone who can tell me how to get it on a sale day plz help me
suny lac, 15 Sep 2014hey guys after using this phone now i m posting my own experience
phone is good on hardware... moreRemove built-in apps thats you not use.
Use clean master app to check which apps are running in background.
Then remove them if you don't need them.
Use 'root app delete' from playstore to remove system apps like data usage. Use pro mode and force remove.
I done this. Now i get 400MB free ram.
Multitask is good now. I can work between 3 opened apps.
Press and hold left button to choose among recently opened apps.
I set this function to middle(home) button just like in stock android. It can be changed in settings.
hey guys after using this phone now i m posting my own experience
phone is good on hardware side
nice camera both front and rear
display is good
low free ram nearly 175mb after boot
horrible multitasking like era of gingerbread (app not work in background except facebook, messenger etc)
this phone is not suitable for multitasker please avoid this phone.
if anyone have got the solution regarding multitasking please post your solution
if you are not gamer then battery backup is ok and its temp remain near about 32_38 c
This phone is acceptable to me.
heat is bearable.
Performance is really good.
inbuilt widgets like wifi toggles, phone lock etc are really useful.
Now Waiting for redmi note. It has 5.5" screen. I love to read books and watch movies in phone.
Anyone know about its expected sale date, please tell.
i got my redmi today, its very gud in every aspect till now its not feeling cheap or low end device screen is gud but bit yellowish kit kat update is much needed anyways its a must buy...save money cut daily exp n go for it u will never regret ,,, ask me if waanaa know something,,@email@example.com
jPush, 15 Sep 2014Do you heard any one talking about heating prob of any other phone? Why only Xiaomi think! Cause, they are giving Redmi 1S for 5999, its obvious that all people will get many doubts about the mobile.
Second reason: May be all the high end mobile users knew that heat thing happens to all the smartphones but not the new users.
Also people who are willing to buy this phone may be not that rich and so are hesitating.
Those who already bought also may be from same category and are reacting too much. Its all about how you deal with your mobile...
Stop criticizing any mobile companies or brands and move on guys...!!! No one is cheating and can't cheat people so easily because whole country is watching man...!! Relax :)