Again OUT OF STOCK within 1 sec.. My 2 nd try the redmi 1s.
Now I will be buying the MMX unite2 with 8GB ROM and repartition the internal app memory from 0.89GB to 5GB
I am okay with the camera or battery performance.
Just want the KK for me
Saurabh, 16 Sep 2014i installed skype IM free call from play store on my xiomi redmi 1S but not able to have video... moreClick on security icon. Nd give permission to skype app to do desired functionality
i installed skype IM free call from play store on my xiomi redmi 1S but not able to have video call. its just disconnecting when i try. Please help me.
hey guys i am Md.Zeeshan, Yesterday i had purchased this setby Online.that was my blunder mistake ,front camera is very bad. every time whenever i play mp3 its getting till 5 to 6 sec.i wasted my money on this set.plz don't purchase it
Hello Everyone. I have turned my PC to wifi hotspot through some changes in admin settings. nd connected to my mobile by wifi. it got connected and signal strengh is showing excellent like 65MBPS. But i cant access net on my mobile while net on PC is running smoothly. Anyone have any idea??
svkumar4010, 16 Sep 2014Hello this phone supports 2 GSM sims or not ? today i want book. so please reply me..Its support 2 GSM sim, one slot will support 3G and another one only support 2G.
Hello this phone supports 2 GSM sims or not ?
today i want book. so please reply me..
for tamil keyboard support. use the following app from google play store.
I am using this on samsung Galaxy S, its working great.
After about 1 week of usage, I become a XIAOMI FAN.
Below are my reviews with other than specifications given here.
I don’t have enough technical knowledge, so please bear with review on simple things.
1. LOOK – Stylish & impressive
2. DISPLAY – Awesome clarity and beautiful interface with more transition features.
3. CUSTOMIZABLE THEMES, FONTS, WALLPAPERS – you can download more from MI store. (for this alone i sign-in MI account and sign out after download)
4. BATTERY – Definitely good one for average users. I am a hard user so it stands for 5hrs continuous usage (I never mind). I spoke about 2hrs continuously, it consumed only 10-12%. Also there is lite mode option with which I survived 2hrs continuous usage on powercut yester with some music and whatsapp usage (starting from 30%).
5. GAMES - No lagging, I playing clash of clans, boom beach, candy crush, subway surfer, fruit ninja, vector, sonic dash, traffic racer, etc.,
6. SOUND – good in compare to Samsung s7582 i used.
7. SECURITY & CLEAN UP - has an inbuilt app which works flawless and working nice.
8. CALL - good in compare to Samsung s7582 i used. Wow! It has inbuilt call recorder with no beep and good clarity.
9. CAMERA - it is doing all what they declared. I tried in all angles, light settings, etc., Now I am a pro in photography. It has live filters.
10. INTERNET – sim 1 is 3G, sim 2 is 2G. Very good speed in 3G. little slow in 2G. Yet to try WIFI speed. WOW! We can use NET during phonecalls, I am impressed with this in compare to my s7582.
11. OTHERS -
FM radio without headset,
batter indicator below to home button which changes according to battery level,
internet while phonecalls,
DND, Guest access, Auto brightness.
Explorer app is good to manage files,
Good music clarity.
Old TV switching off effect while locking screen,
They gave 3 screen guard freely with handset.
1. HEATING – yes this is a problem, but I guess this will only for hard users like me as I am always using 3G and games. I never mind. (pls keep the price in mind). For average users this issue will not be there.
2. BATTERY - for hard users it will stand for 5hrs continuous usage from 100%. If you are an average user definitely it will stand for atleast one day I bet.
3. SIM SELECTION - every time I need to select which sim to make call. Or I may not know how to set default sim to call. If anyone knows pls guide me.
4. NO SEPARATE VOLUME FOR NOTIFICATION – for ringtone and notification it has same volume, so it made me to put a very small undisturbing notification tone which I hate.
5. NO APPS CAN BE MOVE TO SD CARD - I never mind, we can store images, videos, docs and all in SD CARD. So I think it is far enough to install more apps in INTERNAL MEMORY OF 6GB available to user.
6. NO HEADSET WITH HANDSET by company. Have to buy separately.
7. Annoying MI CLOUD/Server. i think it will go to Chinese server so don’t use it.
8. NO REGIONAL LANGUAGE. I need of TAMIL Keypad which I used in my s7582. If anyone knows how to enable to pls guide me.
1. Restart once in a day.
2. Don’t charge frequently. Try to charge only when battery is below 40%
3. Better not to keep signing in MI Account. Use only for downloading themes, fonts, etc.,
4. Clear RAM frequently to keep good speed. Use security app all options everyday once.
5. If you want to avoid heating & to have good battery backup – avoid continuous usage, use 3G on requirement, keep backlight at low during night time/low light.
6. Use case cover to avoid slippery. It is so slim. I too have to buy.
Guys, don’t look for negatives alone. All are there in our usage and maintenance only. Keep the price in mind. You can’t get all these features at this price. You can go for this with eyes closed. Good luck!
Emmyk, 15 Sep 2014I am going to buy this mobile tomorrow anyone who can tell me how to get it on a sale day plz ... moreHi Emmyk...they mentioned in the website that this time they are not providing any freebies like screen protector and sim adapters..do u know that
hey i am redmi 1s for 4 days , i have a problem with google now it is now receveing my command, also i cant send voice messages in wahtsapp, skype video call also now working
did any one encountered this problem.
If have solution help me..........
good budget phone. camera clarity good. All specication is good. But audio & music player sound clarity is very poor.
heating is common issue with every smartphones but battery backup is poor if u r not a gamer it will last whole day other than that excellent phone with good camera front and back, beautiful custom rom with lotz of themes, good to handle looks royal, very good mb no wories damn sure who r willing can buy tiz mb.....
help me....my red mi is dead,not turning on after 3 hours of use...tried all but phone not switchig on.no logo and nothing all..no satisfactory answer by flipcart about replacement..worst experiance..help me for solution..6k for 3 hours..
suny lac, 15 Sep 2014hey guys after using this phone now i m posting my own experience
phone is good on hardware... moreif you root you can freeze system apps with titanium backup to freeup ram
if you dont want to root you can use greenify app to hibernate background system apps
try to avoid using default or chrome browser as they eat lot of ram
for casual surfing use opera mini or any other lite app
remember to close all tabs in browser before exiting
Anonymous, 15 Sep 2014yes u should call ...my is 8228 ..nd does'nt heating at allWhich did you use to check the CPU and confirmed that its MSM8228? I checked with few apps all showed MSM8226 but antutu showed MSM8228 and the answer from few members i got it that CPUZ is not updated to recognize this CPU.
dharit, 15 Sep 2014Does your Music player stops abruptly sometimes while browsing? I am facing this bug...Yes...same prblm here :(
many people hav complained abt the deivce getting hot; well 1>its a quad core device and the procesor is clocked at 16ghz.. its supose to get hot after hevy use fr 20-30 min...
2> the weather effects on ur phone temp.. if u r outside and using it fr heavy gameing and constanst surfing ; it will get hot more quickly ..
3> dnt use phone fr a littel while when it reachs more than 40 degree
4> if u want u can root ur device and lower the clock speed to 1`.2 ghz; u wont face any issues with performance...