Xiaomi redmi 1s review
1. Good display, viewing angles r ok, sharp display, natural color reproduction, display brightness is low when compared to moto g, colors looks little bit paled than moto g
2. Very good camera, images and video recorder both r very good, images r sharp with natural color reproduction, almost no noise in both images n video recording
3. Miui is good it is custamisable n has lot lot of options, no lag while switching from apps, smooth ui
4. Processing is fast no lag observed
5. Audio from 3.5 mm audio jack is really good, very clear n sharp audio and good bass
6. High graphics games can also playable but a minor lag appearing
7. Excellent price of 7k
1. signal reception issues, continuously dropping the signal both in 2g n 3g, if it is a softwear issues then it can be easyly fixable but if it is a hardware issue then it is impossible to fix
2. Battery is average, its draining fast
3. Speaker sound is too low, not much clear
4. No kitkat update
5. Navigation buttons r capacitive but they wouldnt light up, in night it is bit difficult to use
6. U cant move or install apps on to the sd card, another worst part is photos n videos u have taken with camera u cant save them into sd card they saves in internal memory u cant transfer them to sd card, these two sd card issues can be fixable via update but the question is will xiaomi provides the update to fix them
7. Asphalt 8 showing some lag while playing in higher graphics mode
8. No head phones provided but it does supporting samsung head phones
9. Its just gorilla glass 2 protection where as moto g has gorilla glass 3, it is prefered to use scratch gaurd for redmi 1s
10. It is not water resistent(moto g is water resisten)
11. Service centers only exists in metro cities, if it rises any problem then u hv to go to metro city near to u, dont know how service ppl respond, dont know spare parts available or not
12. Due to poor signal reception it always searches for network so its battery drains fast n it emmits more radiation
I have had mine for a week. Delivery from Xiaomi was delayed by unspecified problems at their German warehouse.
Given the price of this phone, its construction quality is extremely high, and together with its weight makes the phone seem very solid in your hand.
The MIUI 5 overlay on Android 4.3 works without any delays or hesitation and feels very much like the Apple IOS.
Screen quality is excellent, being what Apple would call 'retina' display.
Under Settings you have a wide choice of options to play with; I have fitted mine with two SIMs (one for UK calls and one for overseas calls) and a 16Gb class 10 microsdhc card.
In my view call quality is great - based on calls within the UK and to India.
Connection to my home wireless network was easy and allows me to download apps like Skype and Roamer.
After two charges, the battery is on course to last over 3 days in standby mode.
Overall, I cannot fault this phone and hope it will last me several years.
druv, 05 Aug 2014Dkie can i know about the available ram in this phone(redmi 1s) n does it lag in daily use plz... moreThis is mid spec phone with quadcore proc...1g ram,avilable 4/300m aftar use.not the fastest not the slowest laggy sngle or dual core but if u want a better phone go for high spec 2gb ram Mi3 or mi4..1s is the better price u can get
Dkie, 30 Jul 2014Just bought it today,it not micro sim here in Brunei we had the normal mini sim card dual..3g ... moreDkie can i know about the available ram in this phone(redmi 1s) n does it lag in daily use plz do reply ...... thankyou
Today Xiaomi mi3 went 'out of stock' in just 1 second during the seond round of sale in flipkart.Imagine when this Redmi 1S arrives in flipkart for sale it will be over in like 0.001 seconds.i think you should h've atleast more than 40 mbps internet connection to order one.Lolz.....
akmal, 04 Aug 2014which version is your update?Still vrsion 4.4.2 but update from the provider to upgrad to the latest stable miui..after 2 days using i upgrad it throuh wifi,so far no poblem..dot know what the best b4 or aftar upgrad im just trying wifi is free..
Am very exited when seeing this spec.....
now am waiting to buy.....
when will you launch this mobile....????
kishan, 01 Aug 2014nice specs but worst smartphone the free ram available on this device is very less only abo... moreYes krsnan stable miui had been release.i have update it..yes u think asus is gud n go for it your choice,not same dsign n miui
nice specs but worst smartphone
the free ram available on this device is very less only about 130- 180 mb out of 875 mb
basic functionality doesnot lags but when on gaming it lags a lot
suggested if you want to have a smart fone for regular normal usage, normal gamming then go for it.
the problem with ram can be resolved if xiaomi releases another stable miui release.
battery backup is another disadvantage of this device
it only last for 2 to 3 hrs on high extensive web surfing using wifi and gamming max to max u can get it runnig for 6-8 hrs under a usage a bit above normal.
can go for it if u watch videos (1 hrs), music (1hrs), web (1 hrs) this will us up ur 65-70% battery and after that it can last for whole day if u have to only do and pickups some calls.
not recommended go for asus zenfone 4 A450cg or moto E with same price less specs but more usable and durable can last for easily 5-6 hrs under extensive gamming and about 12-15 hrs in normaal usage.
Anonymous, 30 Jul 2014thanks dear.... where did u get this from?bought it at plaza low yat , Kuala Lumpur ,Malaysia.... around RM 480...