FIX for "Can't connect to CAMERA":
- First, shutdown your phone and then reboot it while pressing between the camera and the speaker with your finger. This is where the connector of the camera sits. If you're lucky, the cam will work again. I have the feeling that it's also helpful to hold the phone with the screen facing down during this procedure.
- If this doesn't help, carefully open up your phone, which is very easy, given you have the right screwdriver (normal Philips). There are plenty of teardowns on YouTube. Now gently disconnect your camera and re-suit it in its connector. Then make sure to tighten all the screws properly again. This should fix your problem for some time to come.
- Another fix could be to buy a new camera on sites like AliExpress. It costs under 2$ - 5$ at this moment. However, I am not sure if this could fix the problem in the long term. I will try it out sometime soon.
- Watch out that you don't drop your phone too often
- You may also try to tape a little piece of paper on top of the connector to further stabilize the connection. This should keep the fix for a longer period of time. However I found out that putting too thick layers of paper on top of the connector can result in the opposite (camera not connecting again).
- You can quickly check if your camera works again by booting into servicing mode instead of Android. Do this by holding "volume up" additionally to your power button until you see the starting screen. Then you will be greeted by many cyan buttons and a big blue button under those, everything in Chinese. Press the lowermost cyan button on the right with two Chinese symbols to change the language to English. Then choose "PCBA Test" where you can test your camera with the test named "Camera back" in the list. (Navigate through the list with the Buttons on the right side.) When you're done, go back, either saying the test "failed" or "passed" (doesn't matter) and choosing "Menu" -> "Power Off".
There is also a possible solution found on the Internet about shorting some JUMPERS on the PCB, but I haven't tried it, as I don't know what exactly this will change and I also don't want to ruin my phone. I would be grateful if anyone knowing more about this method could elaborate on the logic behind it, as the above fixes are only temporary.
Still using this awesome phone as my daily driver! :)
I really like the compactness, easy root access, true dual sim, good modding community, repairability etc. (Fixing a bad USB port was done in under 1h and costs under 2$.) Also, some features and apps of MIUI are still a privilege compared to standard Android as of this day. This is why I haven't yet upgraded to Lineage.
I hope there will be a suitable succesor sometime in the future, as ROM and RAM are feeling smaller and smaller. The cam could also be better, as could be the performance in some apps. The best contestants as of now are the Fairphone 3, Shiftphones and also the Teracube 2e, which is still in production (but a very hot contender). However, they all come with one compromise or another. For exmaple, the Fairphone 3, doesn't come with FM radio and does not have a modern screen-to-body ratio. Generally, most candidates also aren't as compact.
Would love to hear of people struggling the same way. :)
Yasir Mulanthala, 18 Jun 2020The most stable smart phone I have ever used.. Worked fine for almost 5 years.! Only bought an... moreI subscribe everything you said. I purchase my phone exactly 5 year ago from online. Regarding battery that i changed once phone work very well on my mother hands right now. I have after him Redmi Note 4x, Redmi Note 5 AI dual camera right now, all very well smartphones and a big plus it's battery life if have Snapdragon processor. Thanks Xiaomi!
Anonymous, 01 Jun 2016open camera>front camera>long press Recent App key>front camera setting will be showingUpdate
Aaa, 28 Mar 2020Every thing is ok but they need to give updateBest
The most stable smart phone I have ever used.. Worked fine for almost 5 years.! Only bought another in Nov 19 (redmi 8) because my kid put it in salt water.!
Best ever redmi..! Fell in love with it...still keeping that with me..!😘😘😘
[deleted post]Every thing is ok but they need to give update
I bought it in the beginning of 2015 and still use it as my daily driver..
The compact size and simple yet elegant model gives us no excuse to buy another smartphone..
However, the little storage gives me problem when facing some big apps because the ram storage is already used for the system, so sometimes it dwells with my patience..
Now i have another phone to back the redmi 2 prime up..
The Asus 007 😎😎
Phone worked great for the last 4 years... Good battery life, indestructible plastic screen of just the right size, 2gb ram, which was a big deal in 2015, active modding community. Decided to switch because of problems with gps and usb port, otherwise I'd be happy to use it a few more years.
Solid Smartphone even for 2019 (almost 2020), I have the 2gb ram/ 16gb storage model. I have been using now the Android 7.1 Nougat (AospExtended-v4.6) with great battery life and performance. I know there's Android 8, 9 and even 10 (custom) for Redmi 2, but I really like the stability of Aosp v4.6.
The "only" problem for me it's the storage space, because 16gb is not enough in 2019.
Smartphone was reliable for more then 4 years, no problems at all. Screen is unbreakable unlike the modern phones
All works fine except camera
Can't Connect to Camera
I Dont know whats this problem and how to fix this?
jit, 07 Nov 2017I think you have to install the global rom version of the phone from miui siteNice and heavy duty. Problem with jio sim in calling needs assessment
Sony fzr, 01 Dec 2017Mi 2 prime is great mobile I use still 2year 4 month not a small problem with meHave u updated it phone from miui 7 to 9
can't connect to camera. how to fix this
work great for almost 3 years but my phone jack got broke so have to buy another phone
How to downgrade
i have using miui 9.2 stable in redmi 2 prime now i would like to install miui 7.5 stable, please guide me to succesfully install miui 7.5 without loosing data.
Received drct miui 9.2.5 my mobile
Thanks to everybody
. Problem solved after updating to miui 9.
Sorry for late reply