vijun, 24 Jul 2017Bro .. Same problem ...Update latest miui 8.5 prb slv
akki, 23 May 2017dude same problem i facing on my mobile... only on jio sim... other sim work properly Bro .. Same problem ...
Arifsonu92@gmail.com, 06 Sep 2016How I open my jio app in my redmi prime 2 In my smartphone volte option given but I on volte is not show on top how to show on top
Siva , 15 May 2017When ever i cal through jio sim, suddenly network stopped in both sims, no network for 5-10sec... moreUpdate latest miui 8.5. 1 than using your phn same time both sim 4g now my prb same same now after upadte prb solved essly m so hap
Hi m new update got 8.5.1 it's really surprised update buy mi m hapyy for this solvd both 4g now using switch Internet same time problem solved happy
akki, 23 May 2017dude same problem i facing on my mobile... only on jio sim... other sim work properly its because r2prime dont support band 5. (850mhz)
Great phone mi is only best company I have used mi 2 prime last 2 year .. Now still awesome
I went to egmore sevice centre.sevice do ne by this centre is very good.working staff especially prsanth guy is good person. My phone got repaired in minimum time
My back camera is not working... It always says camera error whenever i open it... Can anybody provide with a solution?
Anonymous, 10 May 2017otg supported? ?
Yes, OTG is supported.
1. I've used pendrives from Sandisk upto 32GB....
2. I've also used a gaming mouse, and a mouse pointer appears on the screen which allows you to use it better, for games and all...
3. When connected to another phone (Redmi Note 4), the other phone starts charging but no data transfer happens/ no storage shows up...
By the way, I'm Running Redmi 2 Prime on Lollipop, MIUI 8.
Guys, I think I should clear the Jio on Redmi 2 Prime confusion.
See, Jio is a 4G only network, that's why its so cheap to run its towers for Jio company. Its just a data only network, all the data usage/ modem work happens on the phone. So, some pointers are as below:-
1. After using Jio, some of your phone settings including APN get changed. So, when you go for a SIM change (to Airtel, for example), go to Airtel office and tell them that I used Jio before, and please configure Airtel sim for me... They will do it for you, nice and easy. I've myself done it.
Ask them the process too.
Its same for other network. If you're using them for a while, Jio might not work perfectly ok. In that case, ask Jio staff to configure it... Always restart phone after config.
2. Technically, 4G is "data only" network. BUT, Voice calling is possible on Jio's 4G only network, it is through Voice over LTE (VoLTE) feature.
Redmi 2 supports voice calling on Jio, on its latest software version. There's a setting for it.
This option is not available on the old versions though. I tested myself.
3. Jio normally works only on SIM 1 slot, because in SIM 2 slot, it first tries to hook onto 2G, then 3G, and finally 4G. For other companies, it goes ok, because they have 2G and 3G towers too. For Jio, it doesn't work that way, because they have only 4G network and SIM 2 doesn't directly jump to 4G...
So relax and try the above pointers.....