Redmi 5 3GB/32GB, here are MY pros and cons after 2 weeks.
- Very good battery life, discharge from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. 5hrs on screen time with 20% left. My usages are 1h30 of chrome with 3,4 tabs open, 30 mins of Gmail, 20 mins of gaming (f1 2016, hitman go), 20 mins of Youtube (720p), 20 mins of 9Gag, 30 mins for Facebook, 1h of Messenger and I also use it to make phone call and some other stuffs...
- MIUI experiences, simple, intuitive with very little bloatware and the good thing is that you can disable them.
- Good performance, very responsive, lag free with basic apps like FB, 9Gag, Messenger, Word, Outlook/Gmail, Chrome.
- Good temperature under heavy load, all you gonna feel is a little warm in the back of the phone, at the camera position.
- Undemanding games work smoothly.
- Decent camera for this price range, I strongly recommend you to enable HDR mode, it will took you 2 to 3 secs to take the picture but the end result is pretty good, totally worth it.
- 5.7 inches size is quite manageable as I owned a 5 inches phone before.
- Loudspeaker with very little distortion when at max volume.
- Long charging time, 2h20 from zero to full charge.
- Overnight power consumption is a little bit high, 4% of battery.
- Sweaty fingertip will make the fingerprint sensor struggle.
- Outdoor, under direct sunlight visibility is very limited due to the phone not very high max brightness.
- No dedicated microSD slot.
- Protrude camera lens.
- Currently, MIUI on my phone is conflicting with FB ans Messenger, make it constantly stop working, I have to use the lite version instead.
- Real time update of where you are pointing using GPS + Mobile data is very slow and inconsistance, pretty annoying sometimes.
- Navigation keys sometimes don't show up.
It is very good smartphone at this price. But it has two drawback also which irritates me and that does not shown in any website even not in gsmarena and ndtvgadget.
1. It has only one notification light colour.
2. It can not connect to any type of other.
I searched nearly all the leading website before buying this but no one shows me these drawback. gsmarena very disappointed me about that. If you are seeking to buy mi mobile at this range then I prefer you to buy Redmi note 5 (3/32) which has dual LED flash, 4000mah battery and free from above drawbacks.
Hello, I do not know if it will be a mistake but in
the xiaomi page redmi 5 has some bands that
are not shown here and some that are here but
in the page of xiaomi they are not
Great look, great size, great performance, great interface, great price/quality ratio
Andy, 04 Apr 2018The Redmi5 only has 2.4Ghz wifi and the cpu is slower compared to the 5+ which has dual band w... moreIf there were same no one will buy the 5+ 😑 Xiaomi not doing mistake there were good for making prices and processor
For this smartphone i have need dedicated microSD slot. Dedicated slot has any problem? Redmi Note 5a prime had a dedicated microSD slot. But why Redmi 5 has no dedicated microSD slot?
The Redmi5 only has 2.4Ghz wifi and the cpu is slower compared to the 5+ which has dual band wifi and the faster 625 cpu. Xiaomi had a mistake there.
akash, 02 Apr 2018does mi 5 really has a really hard corning gorilla glass display...?I think i saw in youtube that its gorilla glass 3.... i could be wrong though.
Interested to buy this xiaomi redmi 5..want to check whether this phone got GPS problem? I facing this issue when using xiaomi 3S..anyone can help?
SH.., 26 Mar 2018Does anyone have heating problem? When I shake my mobile I hear some sound, like tick,tick so... moreits normal bro. all smartphones have that sound when you shake it repeatedly or hit lightly in your palm.
SH.., 26 Mar 2018I'm using the 2gb variant. I have heating problem, when I use camera it's getting heated up to... moreI am using the 2gb variant as well. No heating up at all. Been using it for weeks now....
Mohamed Soliman, 28 Mar 2018you recommend redmi 5 ??!! as i gonna buy it ..note 4 is now old and may not get oreo... so you have to install custom roms...redmi 5 is new with a slightly inferior chipset (but 14nm)..
in paper note 4 is better...but if you want to future proof thens its redmi 5