I just need to know about the screen.. is the screen of this phone is corning gorilla?
Anonymous, 06 Feb 2018which is better redmi 5 or redmi 4.Both of them are same but would recommend you to buy REDMI 5a instead of 4a.
Street dog, 07 Feb 2018Hi today I am go to buy it.(32gb) My decision right or wrong. Or any other modal in the market... moreApart from internal memory (32gb) is being important keep faith in Miui(Lightning fast UI)
Hi today I am go to buy it.(32gb) My decision right or wrong. Or any other modal in the market. The same price.
Anonymous, 06 Feb 2018which is better redmi 5 or redmi 4.5a 3gb/32gb is better because internal memory is more important in a phone, with miui you will see rarely a lag on Xiaomi Redmi 5a
dominicd, 06 Feb 2018does it have inbuilt digital compassYes . it Have COMPASS ( magnetic sensor )
Anonymous, 05 Feb 2018It's not always LTE category but signal quality mattersyou should use some good network provider then you will get maximum speeds.
i was using redmi 4 with jio (before it was stolen)and now redmi 5a with jio i can see the speed difference.
redmi 4 was definitely faster..
in my area i get good lte speeds.
my choice was redmi 4 16gb or redmi 5a 32 gb(same price)... and i went for the latter.
Anonymous, 05 Feb 2018I have Xiaomi Redmi 5a running on miui 184.108.40.206(NCKMIEK) and android 7.1.2 N2G47H.security patc... moredude now you bring MI A1 into scene ... first it was S8 ... i don't see what is your problem...you can buy 2 redmi 5A's at the price of MI A1 .... and if you think 28nm is old why are you using a 5A?
and i am not promoting 5A ...for the price 5A is a great buy
Please don't compare MI A1 and 5a.. different price segements..
miui5a, 05 Feb 2018who asked about ugly S8.. one user only asked why redmi 5a is slower in lte(download) speeds. ... moreI have Xiaomi Redmi 5a running on miui 220.127.116.11(NCKMIEK) and android 7.1.2 N2G47H.security patch level 01.01.2018, kernel version 3.18.31-perf-g0da8610, is that enough to prove that I have Xiaomi, now stop promoting certainly 28nm process models, 14nm midrange models like Mi A1 does not need 4000mah battery
rahul , 01 Feb 2018does redmi 5a become hot ? Hot????
It is already a hot gadget and in great demand.
It looks hot too, for just 5000/- INR.
What other hot you want it to be?
Anonymous, 03 Feb 2018Then buy exynos 8895/SD 835 powered Samsung S8 which is cat.16(1024 Mbps peak upload speed)who asked about ugly S8.. one user only asked why redmi 5a is slower in lte(download) speeds. so i replied because i own a redmi 5a and my previous phone was a redmi 4..BTW do you have a redmi phone?..
Anonymous, 03 Feb 2018Sd450(Vivo v7) is cat.6 and sd435 is cat.4(Xiaomi RedmiY1) below 10k INR no one gives cat.6no SD435 is as fast as SD 450 . both have same lte speeds which is 300/150. Just do some googling before posting some thing. and redmi 4 uses SD 435 which is available for only Rs 6999.
and redmi 3s is using SD 430 which cat-4
SD 450 and 435 is CAT-7
SD 430 is CAT-4
Please don't post wrong info
Been using the Redmi 5A 2GB/16GB as a secondary phone. This is my second Xiaomi phone with the Redmi Note 3 being my first from Xiaomi brand. Here's my honest opinion.
1. 5 inches HD display is good enough for the price. No complaints. Even the viewing angles are pretty good. Colours could've been a bit more vibrant and blacks a tad more deep, in my opinion but for the price, it's negotiable. I'm used to Super AMOLED displays. In the display settings, increased contrast mode slightly boosts the contrast and that's it. Thankfully there's a reading mode to reduce eye strain and yes, automatic brightness works nice in different lightning conditions. Below the display, there are capacitive touch keys which is much better than on screen navigation keys IMO, although they aren't backlit.
2. Touch response is very smooth and it supports 10 point multitouch which is rare for the price. Texting feels buttery smooth.
3. Build quality looks average though, but you get what you pay for. It's plastic phone with metallic finish which looks like aluminium. The right has the volume and power buttons, on the left there's the SIM & SD Card Slot, 3.5mm Jack, Secondary Microphone & Infrared Sensor situated on the top while there's the primary microphone and Micro USB port on the bottom. The loudspeaker is on the bottom rear side and it doesn't help the sound quality. I prefer bottom or front firing speakers. It's slim and light weight, pretty comfortable to use single handedly. The top and bottom makes noise with hard pressing so better use a case and a tempered glass.
4. Loudspeaker is loud enough to enjoy music but as an audiophile, the sound quality doesn't feel rich, deep & crystal clear through the loudspeaker. Loudspeaker on the bottom rear doesn't deliver an immersive listening experience. Even the sound quality via earphones is nowhere as good. I'm not able to get the same quality of sound using my Sennheiser CX 180 earphone on Redmi 5A as I get on my Galaxy S7. But no complaints for the price. It's pretty good. In call sound is above average and it has a dedicated noise cancellation microphone on the top.
5. It ships with Snapdragon 425 Quad Core processor coupled with 2GB RAM, 16 GB ROM or 3 GB RAM, 32 GB ROM. The processor is an entry level processor so don't expect it to perform like a beast, it's good enough to handle basic daily usage. Not for heavy gamers. Casual games run fine, and it handles basic apps just fine. The phone doesn't heat up much due to the plastic body. Redmi 5A runs Android 7.1.2 Nougat out of box with MIUI 9. Updated to MIUI 18.104.22.168 right after unboxing. It runs smooth and I'm a huge fan of MIUI because of it offers rich customisations and comes loaded with features. Themes are also supported and you can even customize them. Split Screen functionality is there. You can use 2 SIM Cards as well as a MicroSD Card together to expand the storage and that's the way I like it. Really sick of Hybrid SIM Slots. OTG is supported and works flawlessly.
6. In this price range, many phones misses out on important sensors. Fortunately, the Redmi 5A comes with all important sensors except for gyro sensor and I don't mind the lack of it. There are Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor, Compass Sensor and Infrared Sensor. With Mi Remote App, you can use the infrared sensor to control electronic appliances such as TV, AC, Set Top Box etc. It works flawlessly with my set top box within a reasonable distance. There's also a notification LED which glows white just below the display close to the capacitive home key.
7. As for the cameras, the rear camera is of 13 Megapixel with an LED Flash and the front selfie shooter is 5 Megapixel. Both the rear and the selfie camera is good enough for the price. Daylight pics come out above average with the rear camera. Selfie camera quality is not that bad. For the price, there's nothing to complain regarding camera quality but there's always room for improvements.. Hehe.
8. Well, you might miss the convenience of using your fingerprints to unlock the Redmi 5A as it lacks a fingerprint sensor. As someone who is used to fingerprint unlocking method, I also find it inconvenient to type passwords/patterns every time I want to unlock my phone. Thankfully MIUI 9 has some nifty gestures to help us all. You can enable double tap to wake the screen and also assign one of the touch keys to lock the screen with a long press. The only problem is, after the MIUI 22.214.171.124 update, the double tap to wake feature don't work very well if you take the phone out of pocket and try using double tap to wake. I hope it gets sorted out in the next OTA update.
9. Battery is 3000 mAh. It's a non removable battery. No fast charging support hehe. The battery takes a lot of time to charge.. Charging is slow. Battery backup seems pretty good right now. Can last a day with light to moderate usage. For me, it's pretty good. I'm able to get more than 4-5 hours of SOT. Need to observe a lil more to give accurate figures in this regard.
Conclusion: It's a bang for buck smartphone. No doubt the Redmi 5A is a hot selling smartphone here in India. It's already sold over millions. The value proposition outweighs the price, in my opinion. I've seen people buy this phone for a few more bucks than it is originally priced from offline retail stores and on OLX. Demand is greater than availability, it seems. On Flipkart, it goes out of stock within seconds of the sale. Definitely a great budget smartphone for the price. Xiaomi has a winner in Redmi 5A.