Anonymous, 02 Jul 2018which is better Xiaomi redmi 5A or Huawei Y6 2018? Please reply. Thank youi ve read that that huawei is little laggy
Jot, 04 Jul 2018Hi,
Thanks for the detailed review of Redmi 5A.
Is this an upgrade or downgrade from Mi4... moreHey,
I am glad you found the information useful.
Since I have not used the Mi4i, I can not share first-hand experience here(the way I did with 4A and 5A), but here are my thoughts:
- The Mi4i was released in early 2015, while 5A in December 2017 - the latter is almost 3 years newer model. Based on the fact that Mi4i is now an outdated phone, it also comes with older Android OS and most importantly, older MIUI. Xiaomi seems to be working really hard on optimizing their UI, since from my direct experience - the MIUI on 5A is working much snappier then on 4A, even though the hardware is practically the same. With that in mind, software makes 50% of the phone, so in this regard - the 5A is definitely an upgrade to Mi4i.
- Fingerprint scanner is certainly nice to have, but it was skipped here in order for the cost to remain low. I do not think this is a big deal - pattern lock provides just enough security.
- Adding to the lack of fingerprint scanner, this has also allowed the device to remain very compact. This phone is really easy to carry around and most of the time you forget it's in your pocket.
- There is no quick charging and the battery will charge from 0 to 100% in about 2 hours. That said, in like 30-40 minutes of charging you will get something in the range of 28 - 35% battery. I also missed to mention that the battery life is excellent - it will easily last you a full day with moderate usage. I have been using the device quite heavily - like 6-7 hours of browsing/youtube/watching movies, this would still leave about 25% in the battery.
- The phone will just slightly heat up bit when playing games and I mean really, really little - nothing in the range of being uncomfortable. It does not heat up while charging, nor during normal usage - watching videos etc.
Lastly, I can now confirm for sure that the device is actually made of aluminum and not plastic. The front is Gorilla Glass - in terms of build quality, I believe you will enjoy the 5A much more than the Mi4i, which is apparently made of plastic. The Redmi 5A looks like a much more expensive phone - people will hardly believe that you got this for $100.
If you look for a snappy and compact phone with great build quality, look no further. I have read a ton of reviews and youtube videos, as well as monitoring the phone market for a while now. There is simply no competition to the Redmi 5A and at this price, this phone is almost like a present from Xiaomi.
I can say for sure that the saying "You get what you pay for" is not valid here - it's either that Xiaomi are giving way too much for what you pay, or more likely - other manufacturers are charging too much for crappy devices.
5A User, 02 Jul 2018I used Redmi 4A for about two months, now I am using the Redmi 5A. I am quite surprised that m... moreHi,
Thanks for the detailed review of Redmi 5A.
Is this an upgrade or downgrade from Mi4i ?
Redmi 4 has fingerprint option while Redmi.5A does not.Does this make much of a difference ?
Does Redmi 5A support fast charging ?If not,then based on experience how much time does Redmi 5A take for charging from 0% to 100 % approximately ?
Does Redmi 5A heat a lot.?
I used Redmi 4A for about two months, now I am using the Redmi 5A. I am quite surprised that most reviews do not manage to outline just how much better of a device the 5A is.
Yes - looking at the specs, you'd think the two phones are pretty much the same, but that could not be farther from the truth. The difference in build quality is huge - the newer model is hundred times more solid and even though they state the back as plastic, I must admit the device feels as aluminium as it gets. The display on the 5A is much better in every aspect - brighter and with better viewing angles, plus better colors. The newer MIUI is snappier, absolutely no lags, and overall the performance of this phone is simply stunning, considering the price point.
The only weakish side of this phone is the camera - it is perfectly fine for daily usage, but if you are after the best color representation and details, this is not your phone.
Overall - this phone absolutely crushes every other device in its price range. It also kills phones like LG Q6 and Samsung's mid-range line. Considering the fact that this device costs about 100 USD, I must say that Xiaomi are doing some absolutely fantastic job and they offer the best value for money.
which is better Xiaomi redmi 5A or Huawei Y6 2018?
I am thinking of upgrading from Mi4i.
Since I am not a fan of big screen phones I have shotlisted Redmi 4 and Redmi 5A.
Based on personal experience which is better and why ?
Rookie, 02 Jun 2018Has anyone received the MIUI update? I did receive it but I'm afraid that it will not work pro... moreYes, received but very very bad. Don't update or you will lose your life. Don't do don't do
Anonymous, 16 Jun 2018Where can we get the 3gb ram and 32gb rom edition in Malaysia.6, Dubukku street, Malaysia city, near Malaysia bus stand, Malaysia - 000000
Well, the performance is good for a budget phone. Now I can flawlessly multitasking between apps (The split screen tool really help tough).
The minus for me is just I can't properly hand it (Since I get used with my first small sized smartphone)
Good phone in the range of 7000 as compare to others. I bought it on first sale on 7th december 2017 its working fine with no problem. Sometimes it use more battery but at last good mobile to use in this price range...
As expected performance of redmi 5A is very good. In this price no ever company can give this facilities within this affordable price. So if anybody's budget is lower (within 6K to 7k), according to my suggestion guys purchase this mobile online of offline (from mi store only) and enjoy these kinds of facilities.
Anonymous, 23 Jun 2018which is better Xiaomi redmi 5A or Huawei Y6 2018? hehehehei think 5a, cheaper and bigger ram
Anonymous, 23 Jun 2018which is better Xiaomi redmi 5A or Huawei Y6 2018? heheheheFrom using both, Redmi 5A.