I am currently using Samsung Galaxy J2 2015.
as my mobile is outdated with almost three years of usage, i am willing to buy a new Android mobile.
before using Samsung I used a Micromax Android mobile from 2012 to 2015.
I chosen Micromax Android mobile for it's low price and good offerings at that time.
after that I chosen Samsung Galaxy J2 because I thought that I will get a new Android version through software update but I never got that on this mobile.
bought that mobile with android version 5.1.1 and will ending the usage with the same android version 5.1.1.
so now I want to borrow a new Android mobile which will give new Android version through software update.
I heard that Xiaomi and Nokia both provides new Android version through software update.
so I am willing to buy one phone from one of this 2 companies.
now I want to know which company will be best and which android mobile will be best for my full filling my willingness.
thank you in advance for helping me.
Anonymous, 10 Jul 2018Which it better xiaomi redmi 5A or xiaomi redmi 55
much better than samsung or motorola or lenovo
Good camera compared to bigger redmi note 4
Love the size
i use 3gb ram 32 gb storage version
Lovely battery life
Amazing sound on loudspeakers
Not so strong processor compared to redmi note 4 so it takes time for apps to install or uninstall or apps to open shut. But faster than samung phones
Inferior screen. The LCD used is not so good quality. Display is too soft....not sharp !
Conclusion: If you need phone for photography or daily activities like whatsapp facebook youtube. music . Its cool. But if you watch movies on your phone your eyes will pain as the display is too soft not sharp at all !
Anonymous, 28 Jun 20186, Dubukku street, Malaysia city, near Malaysia bus stand, Malaysia - 000000You are fooling yourself. As a proud Malaysian I know what you said is a lies because there is no dubukku street in Malaysia. I believe "dubukku" maybe a F word or cursing word in some languages in Asia.
Anonymous, 16 Jun 2018Where can we get the 3gb ram and 32gb rom edition in Malaysia.You can buy at Mi Official Store at Lazada website or U can go to Mi Store at Lowyat mall in Kuala Lumpur.
opal, 30 Jun 2018does redmi 5a support 4G+ ? if support so 4G bar will change to 4G+ ? lol. don't expect that you will get 4G+ at this price
-, 05 Jul 2018That's not even huawei mate..u're not reading carefully ;)
stoopie, 04 Jul 2018i ve read that that huawei is little laggyThat's not even huawei mate..
I have bought Xiomi Redmi 5A from MI Preferred Stores on 30th June 2018. Since buying, the mobile is running excellently. There are no heating issue, no hanging problem, no battery drainage issue and, above all, its battery back-up is beyond expectation. With a single charge i.e. upto 100% its battery will remain last long in spite of excessive and continuous use for 6 hours. Many thanks to Xiomi brand for its greatest and longest battery back-up. I suggest all people to buy this mobile.
Anonymous, 02 Jul 2018which is better Xiaomi redmi 5A or Huawei Y6 2018? Please reply. Thank youi ve read that that huawei is little laggy
Jot, 04 Jul 2018Hi,
Thanks for the detailed review of Redmi 5A.
Is this an upgrade or downgrade from Mi4... moreHey,
I am glad you found the information useful.
Since I have not used the Mi4i, I can not share first-hand experience here(the way I did with 4A and 5A), but here are my thoughts:
- The Mi4i was released in early 2015, while 5A in December 2017 - the latter is almost 3 years newer model. Based on the fact that Mi4i is now an outdated phone, it also comes with older Android OS and most importantly, older MIUI. Xiaomi seems to be working really hard on optimizing their UI, since from my direct experience - the MIUI on 5A is working much snappier then on 4A, even though the hardware is practically the same. With that in mind, software makes 50% of the phone, so in this regard - the 5A is definitely an upgrade to Mi4i.
- Fingerprint scanner is certainly nice to have, but it was skipped here in order for the cost to remain low. I do not think this is a big deal - pattern lock provides just enough security.
- Adding to the lack of fingerprint scanner, this has also allowed the device to remain very compact. This phone is really easy to carry around and most of the time you forget it's in your pocket.
- There is no quick charging and the battery will charge from 0 to 100% in about 2 hours. That said, in like 30-40 minutes of charging you will get something in the range of 28 - 35% battery. I also missed to mention that the battery life is excellent - it will easily last you a full day with moderate usage. I have been using the device quite heavily - like 6-7 hours of browsing/youtube/watching movies, this would still leave about 25% in the battery.
- The phone will just slightly heat up bit when playing games and I mean really, really little - nothing in the range of being uncomfortable. It does not heat up while charging, nor during normal usage - watching videos etc.
Lastly, I can now confirm for sure that the device is actually made of aluminum and not plastic. The front is Gorilla Glass - in terms of build quality, I believe you will enjoy the 5A much more than the Mi4i, which is apparently made of plastic. The Redmi 5A looks like a much more expensive phone - people will hardly believe that you got this for $100.
If you look for a snappy and compact phone with great build quality, look no further. I have read a ton of reviews and youtube videos, as well as monitoring the phone market for a while now. There is simply no competition to the Redmi 5A and at this price, this phone is almost like a present from Xiaomi.
I can say for sure that the saying "You get what you pay for" is not valid here - it's either that Xiaomi are giving way too much for what you pay, or more likely - other manufacturers are charging too much for crappy devices.
5A User, 02 Jul 2018I used Redmi 4A for about two months, now I am using the Redmi 5A. I am quite surprised that m... moreHi,
Thanks for the detailed review of Redmi 5A.
Is this an upgrade or downgrade from Mi4i ?
Redmi 4 has fingerprint option while Redmi.5A does not.Does this make much of a difference ?
Does Redmi 5A support fast charging ?If not,then based on experience how much time does Redmi 5A take for charging from 0% to 100 % approximately ?
Does Redmi 5A heat a lot.?