Hamaiz Sarmad, 30 Mar 2021I am using this phone for 6 months.4Gb ram and 64Gb rom.the phone design is very odd and old s... moreYour review is misleading i have both redmi 8 and 9. Redmi 8 is like 16 months old the redmi 9 is like 7 months old and id say for the price i got them which was around 140 dollars each, these phones are amazing. I dont know maybe you got a bad unit or something of that sort .I will admit that the redmi 9 had some ghost touch issues but it was solved by an update but issues with software and hardware plague even the best of the best what matters is how fast the company solves them.
For me it is very nice phone
Hamaiz Sarmad, 30 Mar 2021I am using this phone for 6 months.4Gb ram and 64Gb rom.the phone design is very odd and old s... morefunny, I have the exact same phone and the battery is pretty amazing, sure the design is kinda funny, but in terms of functionality, works good and not slow at all.
Very good.. Redmi 8. Amazing phone from xiaomi.. Type c, batt 5000. Gorilla 5 wow
I am using this phone for 6 months.4Gb ram and 64Gb rom.the phone design is very odd and old shape.The phone is very slow and held alot.5000MAH battery drains in 4 to 6 hours and get zero.my rating is 0 for this phone.Speakers have very less voice compare to my old phone.i have also redmi 9.The phones touch is very slow and phone is working very slow and getting held in 2 weeks.Please any other person who is reading this review,please dont buy this phone.🙏🙏
I would say it is a nice affordable phone. I have had it for almost a year and the battery life is still good, no issues with storage but it is peeling off around the camera.
Please, I have the redmi 8 but want to use without google on it what can I do thanks
Im using this phone for 1 year and 2 months i bought it on january 6 2020. in Serbia my model is blue with 4/64 gb and opinions are very shaky.
First im gonna go with good things about this phone:
1.Big battery still can make day using with 6 hours of sot and about 50-60 percent left.
2. Good design in this blue color for me it looks very good.
3. Solid back camera on day light for this price i didn't see much better.
4. Good display i didn't expect to be that good becasue of 720p resolution.
5.Front camera in 70% cases gonna be good but not expect too much.
6.Miui 12 work's fine but it's nothing too special.
7. Phone has 3.5 mm jack and usb c with solid speeker down there last year it was the best you can get for this price.
8. 64 gb of storage is enough for me but i now for a lot of people is not going to be enough and don't consider this as plus generaly for this phone this is subjectiv plus.
And it was a things i like about this phone now im gonna tell some problems with this phone:
1. Performance of this phone are very bad. Im not someone who play games im using my phone for Instagram, chating with friends, watching youtube and basiclly all that light user things and im still unhappy with performance. I was compere this phone to my old redmi 6 with 3 gb of ram and that phone was faster than this. This is the biggest problem of this phone because this snapdragon 439 can't use all of this 4gb of ram and after all this time i was using this phone it make me fell like shaky and laggy.
2. Front camera has a very weird algoritam. I can't focus anything when i didn't had enought light.
3. This phone will not get any new Miui and i think this phone gonna be usable for next 6-10 months but not more than that.
4. The notifications for messenger and gmail never coming i did pretty much i evrything i can but they still didn't coming.
For me this phone is good if you gonna use it for your second device because of his battery and durabbility, but as a primery device i don't recomend you to buy this phone. Main reason is perfomrance and a Redmi 9 is not too much expensive but clear a better phone. I'm still using it as my primery device because i'm saving money to buy new phone and i'm waiting for this day just to change this slow Redmi 8.
This was my honest opinion and only thing i want to do is to help someone who want to buy this phone and that's it.
NIRMAL, 11 Jan 2021Mobile body paint is very badsame, around the camera it is peeling off
goood Phone, good baterry. but when I choice miui 12 I distroit this phone. many bugs and block many time.not a good idea to make uPdate to miui12
now my phone keep on freezing. i need to press the power button to turn off my screen and make it work again.
Anonymous, 11 Feb 2021Wrong, redmi 10 will be better nowhere in my previous comment did i mention anything about the redmi 10
Amazing phone for it's price. To improve photos, you can install gcam.
The only problem is after miui 11 update with Android 10 now GPS never fix. (Europre Rom)
Do you guys (Eu Rom users please) can say if GPS issue fixed on miui 12 or not ? Also do you notice battery drain or/and performance decrease after miui12 update.
I am still on miui 11 and not passed to miui 12 as on internet it has been indicated that there is battery drain issue.
AnonD-821125, 02 Feb 2021wrong. redmi 9 is way faster and better than redmi 8.Wrong, redmi 10 will be better
any good custom rom for redmi 8? i feel so bored so i want to use custom rom for redmi 8. right now my phone is android 10 miui 12.
ghostnet, 01 Feb 2021redmi 8 is better than redmi 9wrong. redmi 9 is way faster and better than redmi 8.