please someone tell me,xiaomi redmi note can' move apps to memory card ??
I own two of these - both MTK6592 versions and have the Snapdragon 400/LTE version on it's way from China. For the money, the RedMi Note is a fantastic value. Xiaomi changed my thinking in terms of how and what to look for in a mobile phone. I can own three of these for the price of a Samsung Note 3 or Galaxy S5. Of course, it's not in the same spec class but for me it does 80-90% of what the Note 3 offers. The time to obsoleteness of smartphones is getting shorter and shorter meaning a $600 smartphone will either have a cracked screen, wind up in a land fill or find it's final resting place at the back of your junk drawer within 12-18 months. With five family members, I've decided it's just not worth spending more than $200 on a phone ever again. You can purchase this phone for less than what it would cost to replace the screen on an LG G3, SG S5 or Samsung Note 3.
So, cutting to the chase, here's what I LOVE about this phone:
- 5.5 Inch HD display. A FHD display would have been nicer but there are no free lunches. I would much prefer the extended battery life than a FHD display.
- 3200mAh battery. Never have to worry about getting through the day on a single charge. I also keep a Xaiomi 10400mAh power bank in my bag just in case.
- MIUI. Best UI I've used to date. Snappy, versatile and completely customizable. There are new skins available literally every day. Each one makes the RedMi note feel like a new phone.
- Almost no bloatware. (Except for the annoying 'Boyaa Texas' poker app which I can't seem to get rid of!)
- Ability to record incoming and outgoing phone calls to MP3 files.
- Superuser (Root Access) built in
- Great security, anti-virirus features built in
- MI Cloud offers 5GB of storage for free
- 32GB storage on the removable SD card. The LTE version allows up to 64GB
- The LTE version will also allow 802.11ac connectivity and has a version of KitKat
built in as well as a later version of MIUI than the MTK based version
- Solid feel - not another cheap Chinese knockoff.
- It would have been nice if the power button was placed on top. It's too near the volume UP/DOWN rocker switch causing the user to accidentally shut off the device.
- Default sound levels are low. No big deal as you can easily customize sound settings using Mobileuncle Tools. Instruction are on the MIUI forums.
- GPS doesn't lock as fast as Snapdragon based phones. The FasterGPS helps speed up initial lock times but there is no getting around the GPS shortcomings of all MTK based SoC's.
- The HM Note 1W with MIUI ver. MIUI-JHDCNBA97.0 (standard 'WCDMA International' version shipping overseas) for some strange reason did not come with the MIUI updater APK installed. This means that without ref lashing the phone, I'm stuck with the current version. While there are video tutorials on YouTube explaining how to flash the phone, I'm just not willing to risk bricking my RedMi Note to do so.
- Some features are buggy or just plain don't work. For example, the auto-rotation toggle often 'gets stuck' in portrait mode. To switch over to landscape mode, I have to toggle 'auto-rotation' off then on again. Tethering/WiFi Hotspot doesn't work at all. My remote device can 'see' the RedMi Note but it won't allow access to the internet. I've tried it with and without WPA2 security to no avail. If anyone knows of a fix, please let me know as this is really annoying! In the meantime, I'm using Bluetooth tethering which works just fine.
- MIUI and Google don't always work well together. For example from my Google Now screen, settings, when trying to set Google Now Voice from any screen, after hitting 'Voice' instead of moving forward to the appropriate Google screen, MIUI throws me back to the Home screen.
- It may be just me but I can't find the ability to use voice commands like I had a my Galaxy S2 device. The new Moto X (2014) got this so right - wish the RedMi Note had the same capabilities.
- The USB connector is upside down (wide part facing up). This can be quite annoying at first since I've never owned an Android device that didn't have the micro-USB jack with the wide part facing down.
- Xiaomi is still very much a Chinese company in it's DNA and as a result, some of the screen come up in Chinese (i.e. Wallpaper, Home Screen; the 'Theme' app, etc.
- Camera is so-so. My three year old Galaxy S2 (8MP) takes better photos. I think this is an MTK bug that Xiaomi had to compromise with. The good news is that Xiaomi no longer makes a phone with MediaTek chips. My layman;s analogy is that while Qualcomm/Snapdragon is the Rolls-Royce of SoC, MediaTek is the TATA/FIAT wannabe. There's a reason all Chinese flagship phones use a Snapdragon SoC.
- I bought a flip case for my RedMi Note that will only work with an app called 'S-View'. The free version sucks and decided not to pay for the full version after seeing so many negative feedbacks.
What I added:
- Nillkin tempered glass screen protector (9H).
- Cheap silicon slip-on case. Solid anodized aluminum band case (black) is on it's way from China.
- Spare 3200mAh battery + charger (external)
- 32GB SD card for the MTK versions; 64GB SD card for the LTE version
- Xiaomi 10400mAh battery bank is always in my bag (one never knows, right?)
- Orico 5 port, 37W USB charging hub. Minimizes the rat's nest of cables. Great for multiple USB devices charging from a single AC outlet at the same time.
AnonD-290913, 05 Oct 2014You are spot~on in terms of which one is 4G. But the MTK chip on the 3G is more powerful for... moreI dont use 4g coz there lte network at my place(3g already enough for me) n also i dont play heavy games like alphalt 8 or FIFA 14.i just want a smooth user experience with kikkat update
Hi all, how can i place from phone storage to sd card.. I'm new user this Redmi note phone.. Please help me.. My phone storage almost full..
ManicialViper, 04 Oct 2014Which phone has more smooth expirience between 3G one and 4G LTE one?i think it is 4g coz it u... moreYou are spot~on in terms of which one is 4G.
But the MTK chip on the 3G is more powerful for heavy gaming.
The 4G however has better data speed and better wifi ac network lock on.... good for web browsing and video streaming.
i have been using this for few mths, same as my wife, found that the screen display, whenever white background, u can see yellowish along the edge obviously, mine worst, bottom, left n right. my wife unit slowly can see yellowish already, but not ad bad as mine, anybody encounter the same problem?
secondly, the front camera picture always in mirror effect, any solutions?
thirdly, camera photo automatically save in phone storage, always manual move it to sd card.
Hi guys.can i root this phone but not flashing it coz i wanna use the miui coz miui already like custom rom and it is fast or is there another custom rom made by xiaomi that is more fast?
Which phone has more smooth expirience between 3G one and 4G LTE one?i think it is 4g coz it use snapdragon 400 while 3g use mediatek.Im correct?
I have brought Redme mobile through FlipKART INDIA
On carefull reading the notes on the box I Observed that there is desdrepencies in the content even though the bpx delivered to me was intact with unbroken seal. Even though the content contained that user guide.But same was missing.I tried to down load but server does not respond.Therefore I request you to forward the same. Small stylus could have been useful to senior citizen for easy operation. MOHAN HORAHATTI
Can anybody help me? I cannot download ( when I click on install button in playstore ) any apps from playstore. It is not downloading into my phone. Please help me. Thank you very much.
Yay!!!finally.A review by GSMArena guys.TQ.my wish comes true.been wait for review about a month