Anonymous, 27 Jun 2014Standardis this a pre installed tempered screen..? i heard its a tempered screen anti scratch
May i know the camera quality? Is it better than samsung s4 and note 3?
Anonymous, 27 Jun 2014May i ask the redmi note uses which type of sim card slot? Standard sim or micro simStandard
May i ask the redmi note uses which type of sim card slot?
Standard sim or micro sim
ted, 25 Jun 2014Guys.is the Facebook apps already build in the redmi note? It seem I not only get no connectio... moreWhat miui version you used right now? Maybe yours is a custom one, so flash back to the factory version. I have that kind of problem too before, but after I flashed the phone back to factory version, the problem solved. You can google how to flash back to factory ROM.
Guys.is the Facebook apps already build in the redmi note? It seem I not only get no connection on the news feed when using data and I couldn't uninstall it.was thinking to uninstall then reinstall again but it shows that cannot duplicated. Some more downloads apps from playstore keep warning file to big must use wifi.plese advise.i have a hard time on it . appreciate
Bought this phone and been using it for more than a week now. Based on my user experience, here are the pros and cons:
1) Octa-core ROCK!!! No lag, very smooth, you can play any games from the play store. Heat very minimal - I'm playing blood and glory/legend, death dome, GOF2 (all the super 3D games) and the heat very minimal, except for mother of myth, the phone become quite hot (maybe coding problem?)
2) 2GB RAM - 1.9GB Available! (Samsung Note2 only 1.7GB available?) I can open so many apps and not a single problem
3) Display - is sooo bloody good. do take note though that you'll need the display to 'burn-in' (about 2-3 days) before the screen turns a little brighter, and crisp and clear. Viewing angle is very good, 170-180 degree and still very sharp. Although 267ppi, still very good display, you can't really see the pixels. The colors are superb!
4) Glossy finishing/very thin form factor - body polished until so smooth!
5) Free ringtones/themes/screen saver from their server (but it's all in chinese with a little english, so not very good for people who don't read chinese)
6) speaker - very good speaker quality
7) miui user interface is fun and good, comparable to ios, and they update it regularly too
1) Default camera app by xiaomi/miui does not save to sdcard, which i think is very stupid. you'll need to install super camera app by lenovo (try google for free apk, and which is very good by standard) in order to save to sd card.
2) Default redmi note ROM version 17 got some bugs, signal shown not stable, 1 bar and shoot up 3 bars, etc... A little note to people who wants to upgrade to latest miui v23 - you got to know what you are doing! I upgraded to v23, and all google services stopped working! - playstore, youtube, gmail, etc, you'll have to uninstall all google apps, then install via google installer like this - install playstore, uninstall playstore, then install playstore again, as first install it won't work, and i don't know why?
3) miui does not let you move apps to sdcard!!! all will be stored on your onboard 8GB ROM
As for battery - if you talk on phone for 1-2 hours a day (voice calls only no other activities), battery can last 2-3 days. If you are heavy gamer like me, the battery can last you 8-12 hours of gaming before reaching 5%.
If you buy from directD, do take note that your miui v17 is already rooted. if you upgrade to v23, it will unroot.
Photos taken by the camera is good when ample light. grainy when low light. you can further enhance the quality with HDR or using super camera app by lenovo.
I rate this phone very good value for money - RM599 from directD. where can you buy a 2GB RAM phone for 600 bucks?! Do take note that 2GB RAM is a minimum requirement for Android phone these days - you'll regret if 1GB RAM only!!(which most lenovos are 1GB lolz, full of complaints) Quality is very good, and the RM600 is definitely 100% worth it - better value for money than samsung!!!
Anonymous, 24 Jun 2014Please don't be so selfish . Only post your trouble hare . Please share your experience about ... moreBattery not lasting only last 10 hour for normal use only and and play store can not connet to phone data
Cao Cao, 24 Jun 2014This phone is 3G phone , but only in China can use 3G .other place only can use 2G,this is TD-... moreExport model r WCDMA, can use 3 & 3.5G, Malaysia will be getting official units next week.
Please don't be so selfish . Only post your trouble hare . Please share your experience about the product
1. How is the phone camera ?
2. How is the battery life ?
3. Any overheat issue ?
4. How is th GPS [performance ?
5. Any problem on the tocu screen ? Over sensitive ?
6. Is the Andorid stable ? Hang very frequency ?
7. Any lag ?
Thank you very much for you sharing
This phone have 2 versions:
tcdma and wcdma
i have this phone0(wcdma version) and 3g works in europe
Chris lee, 23 Jun 2014Directd , can support 3g , i think should b 3.5g , becoz can get ah+This phone is 3G phone , but only in China can use 3G .other place only can use 2G,this is TD-CDMA (CHINESE)
Not W-CDMA .
I have an issue on redmi note which I just bought that is facebook cannot access to load newsfeed when using data but it works only on wifi.anyone face the same problem?and any solution pls help.tq.
mnm86, 23 Jun 2014how you update the rom? i tried but it say im using latest version..Download the latest Miui v5 at miui wed site , put in ur downloaded.rom folder at ur phone memory .... U need a pc n u can follow the instruction that got teach in the wed site oso http://en.miui.com/download-218.html
kamenrider, 23 Jun 2014where did u bought it? is it true it only support 2g? Directd , can support 3g , i think should b 3.5g , becoz can get ah+
Is the version still China? If it is, Facebook is blocked. You cannot update.