redmi note 2.. battery draining very fast... hopefully xiaomi can fixed this issue...
Andre, 07 Aug 2016Try changing your location to Singapore or Malaysia..How to change?
mi rd mi not 2 suddnly stoped and not for working not for charging pless sujjest solution
Ok, I have an Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 and I find the following advantages and disadvantages:
- Really durable phone. Resisted some unexpected falls.
- Performance is WAY above the same priced Phones. Even murders the Moto G3 in EVERYTHING.
- The Full HD screen comes really handy
- The OS offers some good features that are really useful
- Price is really good for the features offered.
- The battery per se is not bad, the BIG problem is the antenna. It consumes a LOT of energy to connect to 3G.
- It overheats if is used a lot.
- It looks so cheap made.
- NO serious updates. We only updated to MIUI 8 which is the same Lollipop 5.0.2. Xiaomi has no intentions to seriously update to Marshmallow despite it has the chance to do it.
- The community is slowly dissapearing due Xiaomi negligence. Is sad seeing a good community being abandoned by the company which compromised to hear the customers.
Suck, bad, terrible battery life since i bought from last year, official website said it can last for long standby time with 3060 mAH big battery, it was totally fake.
When do we get marshmallow update???it has been already 1year since the update was released. Suckssss@mi
Redmi note 2 battery really suck.. Cant even last till noon.. 8 months old only.. the motherboard just fry out..
Global stable rom already release MIUI 8, OTA updated.
It is still Android 5.0.
Used this for 10 month, has bought 2 spare battery for Pokemon Go usage.
Satisfied with it's performance.
StuckMaizMaiz, 04 Sep 2016First of all, the phone is Chinese, that means that if you buy the device online there's a cha... moreTrust me, install a custom ROM, they came with ROOT acces by default, so is a plus if you were planning on ROOT.
Do a bit of research on the Xiaomi forums, they have active devs every day, customer service and a great community.
¡Install a custom ROM!
First of all, the phone is Chinese, that means that if you buy the device online there's a chance it comes with a Chinese ROM.
Second, you HAVE to install a Custom ROM (You can find anything you need on the Xiaomi EU forums), the built in one has a lot of useless features and Chinese apps and store, the battery last less because useless Chinese processes and other things (I use MIUI7 by Hermes).
When you install the custom ROM you see a super noticeable improve in the system, is faster, heats less and battery last a lot longer(2 hour of music draws 2% of battery on stand by).
Now, phone specs:
-MIUI ROM uses 1gb of RAM
-Camera has very good quality for the price
-Speakers not so good, use headphones
-Screen is made of glass (like most phones), not gorilla glass or plastic.
-Screen is outstanding with this procesor, can display double of the Hz of a normal phone, u have to set it up to work like this tho, and video apps are the ones who benefit from this feature. Color can be adjusted bc the screen is "brownish/yellowish".
-WiFi connectivity is great (1mbps when I use it at max) as well of 4g. (CHECK THE BANDS COMPATIBILITY OF YOUR COUNTRY).
-You won't need an SD card if you get the 32gb version, ~28gigs are for you.
I have been using this phone for 4 months and I am disgusted with the phone because it is like you have the sun on your hands as it becomes very hot easily. The worst when it is a hot day as the screen will be as boiling temperature. After 3 months using the phone I am seeing a lot of lag and when I play pokemon go 75% always restarts. STAY AWAY only use for minimum usage.
Its very capable phone, specifications wise.
But the ROM that comes with it is very immature, with various bugs. And as a layout is worse than my 4 year old zte970.
- Auto screen brightness is crazy and laggy. Although sensor is perfect when i test it with a program. After i get a call the next button i press even after many hours, plays the calling sound for 0.5 second.
- Have to plug in the usb twice so the software can pick it up and connect.
- After connecting to the PC and removing it i go a temperature warning, and it was draining the battery like the processor got stuck 100% and it got very hot. I had to reboot it because it wouldnt get straight.
- Lots of default software that want to cleans the cache save battery with stupid functions and recommends Mui search engine randomly....
- No calculator in the main menu. I can only find it if i search from the quickbar (offline). (duh wtf ?)
- Background picture position changes by itself after reboot (show left part only), and fixes by itself in a random time i have never seen (set to middle by me).
- Interface has lots of usefull function pretty hidden up. But other stupid functions are right in your face numerous times...
- Loud speaker is set with too much gain, so it sounds like its loose or broken after 75%