Savvas, 14 Sep 2015Hello, thanks for your input! Can you tell me how did you update to MIUI7? I though it is not ... moreI updated using daily ROM wich have no bugs for me. it's available in english, chinese but got translations to different languages (check MIUI FRANCE website).
it's a very good ROM, to update it you need to rename it into update.zip and put it in the internal storage root, then restart into recover mode, clear all data and install it.
Anonymous, 14 Sep 2015Your review is quite revealing. May I ask a few things starting with the MIUI 7, how can one g... moreHi, the international version of MIUI 7 is available only in chinese and english. I used it one week in english then French xiaomi comunity had already translated in to french so I installed this last. The installation process is quite easy, you rename the ROM archive into update.zip you put it in the root of internal storage then restart the phone under recover mode (maintain volume down and power buttons).
concerning the charging time, I find it quite fast because but it's definetely not quick charge, but I notice you that the battery is a 3000MA so a big capacity, with my previous phones which have a smaller capacity Z3c and SGS3 (2400 MA) they took the same time to fully charge and are very slow to charge the 0 > 30% portion.
Right now I've 12% battery after 1D8H with 4H15 on screen, surely it's not an outstanding result but not as people are saying, maybe they are still on MIUI6 which is HORRIBLE, it kills battery with only 2H on screen.
sam, 13 Sep 2015Storage
pl. clarify this information when... moreIt supports SD card up to 32 GB but only in Chinese variant(I have imported from china HK so It having option to insert SD card)
Been able to customize and play with my newest phone in the last 24h.
Very nice phone, nice design, beautiful interface.
But unfortunately one big problem: the battery. Up until now this has always been a problem with previous phones and this phone doesn't bring any changes to that.
73% battery left with 48min of screen-on time, and phone on for 2h22m.
Doesn't seem like I'm going to make it through the day :(
Another issue: the wifi-connector, there seems to be a problem when downloading, it takes a really long time before there is any speed in this, and after 1MB of download approximately it takes of.
Seems like Xiaomi is in the know, since they provide an accelerator (Xuntel).
--- : battery and wifi
+ : overal design, look and feel, UI, 4G-connection
hosein, 14 Sep 2015Salam, tanks gsmarena for use full information.
does Chinese version of xiaomi redme note 2 ... moreIran: GSM 1800, it should work okay.
there is local xiaomi community website, you should hang around there for more info.
rahul, 14 Sep 2015plz guys suggest me is this phone is good or not....This is best phone ever
france123, 14 Sep 2015Salam, I have it and it's worthing its price. comming from Z3 Compact It's abvious that the n... moreYour review is quite revealing. May I ask a few things starting with the MIUI 7, how can one get to upgrade to that since it hasn't been launched globally? Then the battery taking a whole 2 hours to charge, do you think that's really fast? cos I don't think so.
Salam, tanks gsmarena for use full information.
does Chinese version of xiaomi redme note 2 operate with Iran networks
france123, 14 Sep 2015Salam, I have it and it's worthing its price. comming from Z3 Compact It's abvious that the n... moreHello, thanks for your input! Can you tell me how did you update to MIUI7? I though it is not ready yet, only the developer version is for download but thats not the final for consumers!
anyone.......can talk about the batery of redmi note 2.......? is good ...???
vjykmr, 14 Sep 2015is it has gorila glash protection..........?most likely no, but i read somewhere that it has Dragontrail which is also scratch resistant and tough, so shouldn't be any problems there
I have it and it's worthing its price. comming from Z3 Compact It's abvious that the note 2 is less impressive but I'm although happy for what I spent ;)
- Battery is okay only with MIUI 7 : it last one day (24H) with 4H30 on screen ON using various functions, games, calls, and webbrowsing. Certainly my Z3c was much better (3DAYS with 7H on screen). With MIUI 6, the battery is horrible (only 12 hours with 3H30 on screen ON)
- Screen have a good quality and responsive time, it's also much robust than my Z3c which brokes two times.
- The processor is very FAST. MIUI 7 makes the phone much faster also.
- RAM is just OK. because without lauching any application it's already at 60%. With few application it goes up the 85%
- The charge time is quite fast : 33min = 30%. 60min = 55%. 2H = 100%
- The camera is good, even very good when light is high for still pic but just OK for video recording. Have a medium quality at very low lumunosity.
- Speaker is loud.
- 4G is fine but in France it misses the most important band 800MHZ :(
- Available space out of the box is 12GO. I've added 32 GO SD Card and I use it with 2 SIM since SD card have a dedicated slot (very good :)
- The light sensor seems to have a random behavior only sometimes.
- Out of box it got MIUI 6, you need absolutely to upgrade to MIUI 7 because the first have a lot of problem, battery draining, malwares and virus, chinese applications...
that's all I have to say about my phone.