Marshmellow update 6.0.1 is start rolling out for all Mi phone.. Hurry Up......
Updated my Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon 3GB RAM 32GB ROM Variant to MIUI v184.108.40.206 MHOMIDI (Marshmallow) just a few hours ago. I downloaded the updated last night on Airtel 3G. Here's my detailed review of the update.
1. 1 New Wallpaper Has Been Added
2. If first SIM is on 4G, second SIM goes to 3G instead of 2G.
3. The notification panel in separate mode shows four toggles in a row.
4. Settings interface has been changed.
5. Screenshot option added under additional settings.
6. You can now launch camera from lock screen by clicking the volume down button twice.
7. Music Player Interface has been changed.
8. App installation interface is changed to look like stock Android.
9. UI is very smooth now.
10. Fingerprint sensor is faster now but vibrates when unlocking and there is no option to turn off vibration and sometimes when you place your finger awkwardly, it goes to lock screen and sometimes you need to place your finger twice to unlock.
11. Battery is draining quite faster, maybe because the second SIM isn't going to 2G only mode if the first SIM is on 4G.
12. LED Notification is showing fail in CIT test but it is working. In the changelog it was mentioned that the notification LED was turned off by default in permissions.
13. Security App interface is changed too and I liked the previous one.
14. Camera Quality is same as before, no change.
Check the screenshots from last to first.
Overall, I think it is a good update but needs some polishing to make the UI entirely look like MIUI by removing the traces of stock Android.
Installed new update... phone is working fine. need time to explore the new features.
[deleted post]Flash sales gimmick. The original price was $400?? That is so fake. And they pretend to cut it to $178 which was its original price. Lol.
AR + VR = AVR, 17 Dec 2016Does this phone supports VR ? Any phone with gyro sensor would support VR. So, yes it does.
AA, 16 Dec 2016Hey guyz, I haven't got marshmellow update yet. Please let me know how I get the update?All of those who didn't get marshmallow but want,go to en.miui.com look for Redmi note 3,click on Redmi note3 global and download the full ROM.Then go to updater app and click on the three dot in the upper right corner and click on 'choose update package'.then ur file manager will open and search for the zip file u downloaded and click on it.wait for 20-25 mins to complete the update.reset ur rn3 if any problem occurs after update.
However people cry and crib each and everyday on Redmi note 3, I give my sincere opinion about this phone almost using from past 6+ months. Processor, speed, fluidity everything is excellent, no lag whatsoever and this is the best phone you get in such a price and am sure no other phone gives you these many features and its flawless operation till now. Marshmallow update is good and battery life increased and everything works fine. I may shift from this phone in future only for one reason..5.5"is bulky for my use and its my personal choice. Any new friend want to go with this phone...just buy it without any second thought you will enjoy the experience.
please gsmarena update the specification of redmi note 3 from 5.1.1 lollipop to 6.0.1 marshmallow.
DragonFIRE, 17 Dec 2016You need a bigger data pack because after this there's a marshmallow update which is of around... morei did not get 505 mb update while i was on miui version 8.0.6 . i directly got 1.3 gb update. is there any problem??
Will 2 gb ram varient be enough.. If there is no heavy multitasking...? Nd how much ram is free usually?
AnonD-449047, 17 Dec 2016Yesterday i upgraded to miui 8.1 with marshmallow. Till date i didn't face any issue. Now pho... moreI think miui ditched the doze and continues with their own battery saving options..
Samsung Lover, 16 Dec 2016Shit piece..!! LED light not working after marshmallow update.. Dear Xiaomi, if you don't know... moreJust tell me one thing, what you do to your phone?? I had updated more than 50 times to all my phones including galaxy j7 2015, redmi note 3, lumia 650, but never faced any issue ever. I really want to know if your phone was not working properly or any problem you were facing before updating it. Look i am not criticizing you, i really want to know, because i never faced any issue yet.
After 1.3 GB update. The device is locked and not accepting finger print to unlock the device. Even after typing correct number password also the device is not unlocking please help
phone dead, 16 Dec 2016sucks my phone is dead after updated 8.1What happened? Did you tried to reset it?
Yesterday i upgraded to miui 8.1 with marshmallow. Till date i didn't face any issue. Now phone is working smoother that 8.0.6.three finger screenshot is amazing. Battery backup is increased, yet i do not know doze mode is here or not. After all thanks mi.