akw, 24 Nov 2019does it have OTG?Check U'r calendar again, it's 2019!
Bought this bout a month ago. My 1st android after like 5 years.
Camera is so good. Not yet fully use the camera functions, but so far it is great! Just beat my iPhone 6+, just like that..
The battery also last long. Minimum 1 full day. Can go up to 2 days on moderate usage. Last I changed was yesterday and today I still got 44% (while typing this post).
But, feels like the key pad is a bit lagging. It's not as smooth as my iPhone 6+. Anyone know how to make it smooth?
And the videos. I cannot play it on my gallery. I need to click to edit, only the video play. Any suggestions to solve this issue.
And the videos I played in Facebook, sometimes the quality become low. The video get blurred, like low definition videos, and then it played well, with normal definition. Not sure why tho.
Anyone facing the same issues as mine?
Anonymous, 24 Nov 2019 colors: Black, Red, Blue, White, Deep Sea Blue, Midnight Blue
is this statement true ? i d... moreNo, the statement is not true.
Units available in shadow black, gama green, pearl white i believe
Skop, 23 Nov 2019I use it for COD it is good for fast paced gameplay. The movement is fluent and smooth. Reccom... moreI think pocophone is a better buy since it is priced same as note 8 pro now. For gamig
colors: Black, Red, Blue, White, Deep Sea Blue, Midnight Blue
is this statement true ? i didn't find any pictures of a red note 8 pro
Anonymous, 24 Nov 2019I got my Note 8 Pro last week. Battery was getting heated while charging as well using and get... moreDefinitely a defective product, totally different experience to mine. I've compare it to S7 Edge, Mi 5S Plus (SD821), Realme XT, A70. This phone is a clear winner in term of performance. There are no heat issue during charging, much more cooler than S7 Edge. There is no screen bleeding around front camera and bottom if I may add.
My issue is the built-in speaker that's too silent compared to others, it's no big deal for me.
MasEnha, 24 Nov 2019Indeed a faulty device, no body reporting similar issues to date. Even some people talking abo... moreBetween s7edge and this which one would u rather have. Not worried about update
Kdi, 23 Nov 2019Can't even play Mobile legends in this shitttY ? that's my fav game and i want to buy this phone 4 it
Got the 128 GB Gamma Green version of this phone for my girlfriend. Observed the following:
1) MIUI 10 doesn't seem to be as riddled with bloatware and apps as was the case with her Redmi Note 4 (which was an ad minefield). Most of the extra apps can be uninstalled.
2) The presence of system ads also seems to have gone down a lot compared to her Note 4. I did a debloat and uninstalled unwanted software like Mi Music using ADB, and disabled all the recommendations in the remaining apps, disabled App Scanning (pointless) and it seems to be really clean now. Only some essential Google apps remain. This process hardly takes 10 minutes at the most. There is a java utility in XDA by Saki that really helps with the debloat! Thanks a million for this!
3) The phone seems to be really snappy and quick. No heating observed while charging.
4) Seems to be built really well. The phone has a nice heft to it. Power and volume buttons are quite tactile and feel good. The Gamma Green color is a looker (this is coming from someone who hates gradient colors and has a strong preference for matte black and greys)
5) Screen is pretty good, actually. Colors are pleasant and blacks are as good as an LCD can manage. Contrast also seems to be good. No complaints. Chose an LCD equipped phone on purpose.
6) Comes bundled with an 18W charger and a transparent case.
7) There is a noticeable camera bump at the back which is super annoying to me. The included case doesn't make it flush. A tiny part is still sticking out. Ordered a Nillkin frosted shield case which has additional clearance for the hump and offers more protection.
8) Relatively consumer friendly as it still has the good old 3.5 mm jack and a dedicated SD card slot.
Initial impressions: MIUI has cleaned up its act a lot. However, some lousy apps remain and it takes some patience to weed out the ads from the system. If one can look past that, the result is a snappy phone that would work well enough and be still relevant for at least 2-3 years that doesn't cost a bomb. I am really wary of Mediatek chipsets, but after careful consideration, decided to give this one a change. This chipset shouldn't be a dealbreaker now for ordinary users as it seems to be efficient and runs relatively cool. However, I haven't tested this for demanding games and it remains to be seem whether Xiaomi published the kernel and source code for this completely. Fingers crossed as to how this phone fares in the long run. Will keep this updated.
MasEnha, 24 Nov 2019Indeed a faulty device, no body reporting similar issues to date. Even some people talking abo... moreI got my Note 8 Pro last week. Battery was getting heated while charging as well using and getting drained really fast. Apps were getting freezed.
Yesterday I visited MI service center and after waiting for an hour, they hinted me to get it replaced. I called Amazon support, they asked me to install Blancco diagnostic app. After running test, they said its faulty set. Today morning it get collected by Amazon.
After using for week with so dull performance, now I lost intrest on Note 8 Pro :(
srkhn, 23 Nov 2019What are your screentimes guys? Mine is around 11h. And mostly "Android system" is consuming m... moreAround 11 hours of screen on time. Huge battery really helps & the battery does last for 2 day. The Android System is really normal
kushlaf, 13 Nov 2019do they fix the cam issues? I ment the hdr prob.hi i am also having cam issue while on video.. i have Note 7 pro and Note 8 Pro ... Note 7 pro video is far better than 8 Pro... can anyone face the same issue or only me. can this be resolved in the next update?
Amy info about how to solve heating issue? After using mine for 3 weeks now im encounter heat up to the point of uncomfortably holding it. Specially when charging. I also experienced some flickers on screen from time to time with a fine white line on upper part and lower at times. Pls can someone help me how to solve this problem. Thanks
Zandro Dominguez, 23 Nov 2019I buy one and used it for almost 2 weeks only and my Redmi Note 8 Pro shuts down and reboots n... moreIndeed a faulty device, no body reporting similar issues to date. Even some people talking about heat issue, there was no complain on rebooting. Just yesterday I've compared to S7Edge last batch (Exynos), Redmi preserve less heat.
I bought the phone around one month ago. Paid around 250€ (including delivery).
For this price the phone is superb. The screen has very high pixel density (higher than most amoleds) and is very vibrant. The phone is really fast (thanks to fast cpu and ufs memory). The phone doesn't heat . It can get warm for a short time, but not hot.
My usage is browsing, videos, Mobile Legends, video calls.
The battery lasts two days or more for me and charges fast. The fingerprint scanner is the most accurate in my experience.
The camera is simply fantastic for this price and very versatile (especially after the Miui 11 update).