My phone giving some issues now like i have to keep tapping the volume up or down button for it to work when using wired headphone, if not using headphone then volume button works fine, there are lot of bugs in this phone, xiaomi like always sleeping
Hi Xioami users. I have issues with NFC after MIUI12 update. Anybody else observed this isssue? Thank you.
Mrsawizy, 08 Dec 2020GUYS should i update my phone to miui 184.108.40.206?
Is there any issues? My phone is running on m... moreIm using it its fine no issues go ahead and update
And if i may ask wen will this fone get android 11
GUYS should i update my phone to miui 220.127.116.11?
Is there any issues? My phone is running on miui 11.0.7. 0
CLA, 25 Nov 2020i definitely recommend the note 9 pro, its a great phone. better soc and since it was launched... moreI will go one step further and recommend the Poco M2 Pro which is based on Redmi Note 9 Pro (India) bundled with the 33 watts charger of Note 9 Pro Max. I think for INR 11.4K [$153], the Poco M2 Pro (6/64 GB) is a phenomenal device for casual users. To me it justifies on all ends.
What I like about the device:
1) For its price, the phone looks very premium with the dual glass sandwich design just like Redmi Not 8 Pro. Other phones in the same price range offers plastic back. I own the Green color variant of M2 Pro at it looks gorgeous.
2) Unbeatable peak performance with Snapdragon SD720G SoC & 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, at just $150. If you are a casual user it is one of the fastest phone for its price. If you are looking for sustained high performance or gaming performance look for flagships. They have full metal frame, some kind of heat chamber & multi layer graphite & copper sheets all of which costs money and helps in proper heat dissipation from the SoC and RAM enabling sustained high performance.
3) Very power efficient phone, with the frugal SD720G built on newer 8 nm fabrication process providing very high mileage with the battery. Its main competitor, be it Mediatek G90T or G95 is made on much older 12 nm process hence consume more battery and heats up considerably.
4) Huge, Full HD, good quality display for viewing multimedia content and web surfing. Ample bright. I love displays with no notches & punch holes however there is one single punch hole in M2 Pro on the top middle. It would have been better if its location was on the corner, but manufacturing cost will increase in that case.
5) Monster 5,020 mAh battery. Charge it and forget it.
6) Bonkers charging speeds with the supplied 33 watts fast charger. For such a large battery, 0 to 100% under 1 hrs 12 mins. Insane.
7) Very mature Xiaomi MIUI 12 UI skin over Android 10. The MIUI skin with its functionality & intuitiveness is right up there with Huawei's EMUI. Additionally Poco own system launcher safeguards all its users from ads, a huge plus. MIUI & EMUI to me are the two best Android skins currently originating from China. Oppo's ColorOS, Vivo's FuntouchOS & Meizu's FlymeOS lags a little behind in terms of overall feel and polish but provide all the features of the best two.
8) Quad camera setup at the back and a single selfie shooter in a $150 phone. For its price its punches well above and shoots images with respectable quality & resolution. Much better than similarly prices Realme's.
9) I used M2 Pro headphone jack with 5 over-the-ear headphones & 7 IEMs I own. None of them had any issues and the sound is just fine. No issues here. Just don't expect audiophile grade audio quality through audio jack, commonly found in flagship phones like LG G8X, Vivo NEX S and so on.
10) Wifi & Bluetooth speeds are just fine and observed no abnormality here.
11) Using a JIO sim with 4G VoLTE enabled, call reception & loudness are good.
At the end I want to stress M2 Pro (6/64 GB) is a great all rounder phone at an unthinkable low price of $150. It is meant for the masses and casual users. For heavy users, pro gamers this is not the ideal phone. One need to invest in flagships or some more money and at-least get the Poco X3 with gaming in mind. The gaming performance of the Redmi Note 8 Pro or Poco M2 Pro is nowhere near to my G8X with Snapdragon 855 at the helm.
This phone is awesome..I'm using this for like 8-9 months & till to this day I have no complaints about it..Best gaming performance & best photos & best battery backup , best unique design & best Ips display
Xiaomi nailed the design , it looks like a flagship phone.
Gaming performance is excellent
Camera are good hoping for a software to reduce the sharpness.
yet it is not a Nokia pure Android phone, unfortunately
MIUI 18.104.22.168 is much better, phone is smoother to use vs. with earlier v 12. Thus I don't play games, I'm just a regular surffer.
please separate bluetooth volume control ...............
it is just two days, since I bought redmi note 8 pro, I just use for social media, youtube and calling, realy it is a very good mid range phone, for using social media never heats up.battery for normal usage lasts for 12 to 15 hours on automatic brightness, it is also fast charge battery is for two hours, all other features are also very good for the price of £170.
Kupernikos, 23 Nov 2020When you compare the chipset and UFS 2.1.. Boom..So the reason the phone is so good is because of a 12nm Helio G90T chipset and UFS 2.1 storage?
This phone is bad phone I ever met
Antutu speed test still has RN8P ahead of all the RN9 varieties. Apart from a smaller battery which doesn't last as long as say RN9P, RN8P is every bit as good if not Better! I have been using one since Jan 2020, it works great. Consider my last mobile was the most expensive iPhone EVER (Xs Max 512GB). My RN8P 6GB/128GB is almost every bit as good but at almost 1/9 of the price!
oh yes. RN8P will get android 11. still in development. thank xioami
FiveLee, 23 Nov 2020Should I buy note 8 pro or note 9 pro now? Note 8 pro can be used well in 3 years? Can someone... morei definitely recommend the note 9 pro, its a great phone. better soc and since it was launched in 2020 you will get major official updates for 2 years
Why RN8Pro very famous? 🤔
Amr Magdy, 22 Nov 2020Hey guys did u notice about bad quality when u play videos in youtube or it's only me?! Haha its in the settings icon in youtube you can change the quality of videos you like xD
The next comment is by me btw. *The one why you should get the note 9 pro / pro max instead of the note 8 pro*