my zte nubia z17 lite have error message
" unable to excess usb storage "
when turn on camera or try to see any picture video text message.
how to fix it. any one know how to remove this message
Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement battery for this phone? I can not seem to find it (for Z17 Lite).
Amazing phone, amazing specs, the price it´s wow!
After some days using the phone, I noticed that the phone was a little bit lagging, so I installed another launcher and now it´s very fast and stable.
I already have updated the software twice, thanks to the auto update, very good.
I bought this phone in June 2018 and at first setup I needed to enter the IP address of my Wi-Fi router to move on with the setup. After it connected to the internet it downloaded an update, I guess related to Wi-Fi issue at the initial setup. Phone was on original 1.05 Geekbuying firmware and has issues with Google Play stopping to download apps and was not fast enough as expected. Also, four fast cores of the 653 Snapdragon SoC were not in use at all /not aware of the reason) and that was a reason the phone was not snappy enough.I starting to be annoyed with the device, mostly Google Play issues, and stated
thinking to replace it ith other phone when I found a new Geekbuying firmware 1.10 on XDA forum. I downloaded on the internal memory and installed it. after the update all four cores of the processor were in use and the Google Play Store issues was also fixed. The phone now literally flies and everything works like a charm. The battery is really good, nice camera, plenty of RAM, superb value for the money.
Anonymous, 06 Jan 2019Do you mean on first starting up? I seem to have that problem. Phone reqiures you to get conne... moreIn order to get pass the initial the setup, you have to do it in these steps:
1. Remove SIM
2. Select setup without a network
3. Do NOT enter a name and go next
4. Select to lock with fingerprint or PIN and go next
5. You will probably need to give your fingerprint, but it is done.
You can then use your phone.
On mine, I have flashed LineageOS 14.1 ROM and it works good.
Anonymous, 04 Jan 2019any1 facing lock screen bypass issue?Do you mean on first starting up? I seem to have that problem. Phone reqiures you to get connected to Internet. I the got connected to WiFi and nothing happens. I am permanently locked out of 100% of phone functions. Tried using Internet from my SIM card, that also doesn't work. There is no option to set up the phone without Internet. There is a little icon in upper right that indicates I am connected, but the phone is forever stuck in these "Get connected..." loops. This is so frustrating I paid 170$ for a BRICK. It was bought from geekbuying and they have sold me a bricked device because they have messed with the phone installing their custom geekbuying rom. I feel so decieved and frustrated.
MohSeN.KmZ7, 05 Dec 2018Thank you.There is also Lineage 14.1 custom ROM (also global): https://forum.xda-developers.com/nubia-z17-mini/development/rom-lineageos-14-1-t3790895
MohSeN.KmZ7, 30 Nov 2018Hello. Where to download the global version ROMs?You can find it here (v1.05): http://www.mediafire.com/file/vg0ub8g64nc50k1/z17%20lite-update.zip and here (v1.10): http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file/kdi07xla4esyr6k/NX591-update%25281%2529.zip/file
This is GeekBuying global ROM.
DRDSVK, 28 Nov 2018Dont buy it, phone is good but rom has problems, geekbuying is old, no updates, chinese rom ca... moreThank you for the info. I have now read all 24 pages of XDA forum for Lineage OS 14.1 for this phone, and you are right. :(
I can not return the phone, or get a refund. So money is wasted. :(
Slobodan, 28 Nov 2018I have ordered this phone for 150$. I knew that ROM has problems, but is it supported? Does it... moreDont buy it, phone is good but rom has problems, geekbuying is old, no updates, chinese rom can work with google apps but with some problems, custom roms doesnt work right, before this I got Nubia Z17 mini, it is much better, has SD card slot, 3,5mm jack and mokee rom wich work marvels and also there are no spare parts like LCD for Lite, for Mini there are avaliable
I have ordered this phone for 150$. I knew that ROM has problems, but is it supported? Does it get any OTA updates?
Also, I have searched the internet, and there is almost no custom ROMs for it. There is LineageOS (Oreo) but it is for Z17s, not Lite. It can be installed on this model too, but are there any bugs?
Can you give me some links of custom ROMs that you have tried and that work good on this phone? Is there Android Pie ROM for this phone?
DT, 08 Oct 2018I have this phone for about 3 months now. Here are my pros and cons: PRO's: * RAM is GREAT... moreNow that I've traveled using the phone, I noticed that when I use headphones with the adapter they provided, I cannot charge it because it uses the same port.
I've been using this phone for the past one month now and so far so good...I haven't experienced any issues. However, I'll really appreciate it if Nubia could come up with an upgrade for the phone that enables both sims to actively make hd calls (dual sim dual volte).
I have this phone for about 3 months now. Here are my pros and cons:
* RAM is GREAT!!! I can run all sorts of apps without running out of memory.
* Camera is good.
* Battery does last at least a day. (this was a concern before buying it)
* Screen is very good value for money.
* It is not too heavy for the size of the phone and battery it packs.
* Good dual SIM handling. No issues with phone calls/texts.
* Google Play stops downloading apps at times and then it fixes itself... This is very frustrating.
* CPU - It is fast enough but it is a bit slow to open apps.
* I noticed that it is not that fast downloading pages over WiFi. My previous phone was fasted in downloading webpages.
* No headphone jack - I knew this drawback when I purchased it. I would prefer it if it had one.
* No external storage. this is an issue that is solveable since 64GB internal storage should be enough for most people and if you need this crucial for you, you probably wouldn't buy y this phone anyway.
* OS - It is a bit crap. basically there is little room to tweak settings as you want and it is frustrating at times. I'll give it a little longer in case they fix any bugs but I'll ultimately switch if needed.
* Initial setup was frustrating!!! the WiFi would not connect and the setup would go around in loops. on the 10th or 15th (between the 2) attempt, it finally did an update before completing the setup and that solved the bug with the WiFi so I was able to then complete the setup. That said, I still think that the WiFi is slower than it should be so the problem is not totally solved.
In conclusion, there are days where I am very happy with it and I would give it a comfortable 8 out of 10. Then again, there are days like today where Google play won't install a new app I want and I have to work around stuff and I would give it barely a 6 out of 10. Keeping in mind that it is fairly cheap for what you get, a true reflection of the phone for me would be a 7. I can't rave about this phone because it has issues. It's also not as bad as some make it out to be. If I had spent EUR 300 on this phone, the score would have been a 4 or a 5 but with the EUR 160 I spent which included a screen protector and case, It will do for a couple of years.
I've had this phone for over 1 month. The software is really bad. The play store will eventually stop downloading and resetting the phone solves the problem for a few days. Support at ZTE is non existent. Sent 2 emails and tried also facebook page. No avail. Then I installed a custom rom...lineage (unofficial) and the phone is the best phone I had so far. P.S. There is a light leakage at the very edge. If you are a perfectionist don't buy this phone.