BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

> In reply to newbieBB @ 2010-04-12 06:12 from FMYk - click to readnewBB

regarding Bluetooth, see earlier posts by JRF, its there

• 2010-04-12 11:26
  • i8wS

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-04-11 19:30 from v3AF - click to readBlackberrian,

Guess what! i actually managed to install it via:
www.whatsapp.com/ota/

i can now chat with i-phone, but it isnta s cool as BBM

• 2010-04-12 11:22
  • i8wS

> In reply to MD @ 2010-04-11 08:54 from ut0E - click to readUsing this phone from 3 months...

- about the battery,to me it has a moderate ability..

- normally i will charge my gemini 2 or 2 1/2 days under the moderate use..but if i heavy used it then i need to charge it 1 or 1 1/2 days..

- keypad aint to soft n hard (normal)..

- well,the wifi range is depends on how u n ur device is measured from the wifi point..if u near the wifi range,u will definitely got the strong signals..if u r out of that coverange range of coz u will get the low signal or even no signal at all..

- yes,trackpad is superb..

- yes,true mate,the sunlight legibility quite good..

- Totally value for money n worth it..

• 2010-04-12 09:35
  • v3xu

I'm getting the BlackBerry 8520 this wednesday (Today is Monday) and I am uber excited. I first wanted a Nokia e63 then a e71. But this BB is a very very good phone for teenagers like myself on a low budget income like I have. I love this BB. It's pretty :)
CANT WAIT!
loviingg itt

• 2010-04-12 08:31
  • tAUD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-11 22:54 from t}9D - click to readWell if u r interested iin the camera u go with the 8900 if not the 8520 all the way because it newer with distinct features

• 2010-04-12 08:25
  • Qxp0

Hi guys,

can somebody help me on my bluetooth?

i cannot recive a file from other mobile. how do I get into these? pls. help
i can acknowledge the request but after that it will failed i dont know the problem w/ bluetooth

• 2010-04-12 06:12
  • FMYk

Hi
newbie here...just got my BB last week :)
can anyone pls. help me on how to have a lock/password
for outgoing calls? and or for texting?

coz im using a plan i dont want anyone t use it coz it will be charged on my monthly bill..

thanks

• 2010-04-12 05:34
  • FMYk

anyone can tell what a blackberry can do and an Iphone can't do?

• 2010-04-11 23:08
  • PHkK

I am in an insurmountable dilemma over a choice between curve 8520 and curve 8900. All i know is that i want either of the two. Cost is not a constraint, utility is. I am rather rough on phones but Trackball remains a concern. Though my heart goes out for the better screen resolution. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

• 2010-04-11 22:54
  • t}9D

> In reply to safoo @ 2010-04-10 07:28 from i8wS - click to readerm,be patient bro..im sure ur time will come soon..fo the moment just seek any info or apps at the crackberry.com

• 2010-04-11 19:30
  • v3AF

this is gona be my second blackberry!! An personaly I love B.Bs.they are very reliable an easy to use..lyke others say..it may not have GPS or ect..but there are many many kinds of B.Bs so you jus have to pic the one that fits you.an that has the stuff that you use in your everyday life.SO YES I RECOMEND you buyn a blackerry..

• 2010-04-11 18:23
  • IXqc

• 2010-04-11 18:19
  • IXqc

Using this phone from 3 months...

~ Well, the phone has a poor battery,
can't even stand for 24 hrs with moderate callin n sms'ing

~ Keypad a bit hard to press...
~ The Wi-fi Range not the strongest as compared to peer brands.
~ Trackpad is awesome
~ sunlight legibility quite gud.

Totally value dominated phone....

• 2010-04-11 08:54
  • ut0E

how long do u use your phone 4? the B.B. cos im interested in buying one but i use my phone continuously....

• 2010-04-11 00:41
  • fXY6

sweet.. is my first BB. i love it much :)
the cons that i face from this phone are without GPS and low battery life[i'm a heavry user]. otherwise, it consider perfect for me.
go for it. recommented.

• 2010-04-10 20:42
  • ib1$

Will this phone work in Costa Rica need UMTS-850 or GSM 1800. Any help greatly appreciated

• 2010-04-10 18:56
  • PtKg

hi .. i am thnkng to buy a music phone among blackberry 8520 nd sony yari
plz tel ..which phone should i buy ?
thnks

• 2010-04-10 17:58
  • vGUB

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-04-09 22:01 from v3A6 - click to readi also cant download whats app because my country (Oman) isnt listed :(....I want to install it to chat with i-phone

• 2010-04-10 07:28
  • i8wS

> In reply to amit @ 2010-04-09 19:35 from ut$Q - click to readWell. Yes it can store unlimited amount a messages

• 2010-04-10 06:00
  • 4fLI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-09 16:26 from tWhe - click to readwell,first u need to sign up for the BIS (blackberry internet service)with ur network provider..this is for the internet access n have the ability to use n get all the benefits that u should have from ur device..if u didn't sign up for the BIS,u cant access to the internet n cant download any important applications..yes,this device has wifi for u to access the internet but u only can check emails(no push emails support) n u can use the FB(but only in the mobile site)..after they have activate ur BIS,then the system will upload the default features such as ym,FB n so on under one folder..u just install it in ur device n nahh,u can use it already..but for the apps world..at first,i also cant download the BB apps world due to my country (malaysia) doesn't listed in the list of the country that available to download it(thats about 3months ago)..but now(i think about 2weeks b4),we in malaysia can download the BB app world from the default browser to our device..now,im more happy with my device coz i can easily seek for what apps that i like n install it to my device..i think for this moment,maybe it is not available yet in ur country..be patient ok bro..

• 2010-04-09 22:01
  • v3A6
Total of 6722 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.