BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.3

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-04-06 20:02 from v3Ae - click to readpls help.. how to download App world? it says "sorry, ur device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support facebook" is it bcoz my country is not listed? am frm phil.

• 2010-04-09 16:26
  • tWhe

I need to know, does it have the chinese language on it?? I have a friend who needs it to have chinese writing etc. Any one who knows for 1005 certain please let me know.
Thanks

• 2010-04-09 09:07
  • PBhv

> In reply to New BB @ 2010-04-08 08:03 from 2AYS - click to readi think it's due to the light around you, if the light sources around you is bright it will get dimmer if its dark it will be brighter, for the comfort of your eyes

• 2010-04-08 18:49
  • uH$2

> In reply to ami @ 2010-04-08 16:59 from utxV - click to readWell I can tell u u won't be running out of space anytime soon!

• 2010-04-08 18:01
  • Qxp0

i just want to ask how much sms u can store in ur inbox becoz i am leaving my phone becoz of low message capacity.

• 2010-04-08 16:59
  • utxV

> In reply to New BB @ 2010-04-08 08:03 from 2AYS - click to readWell, the keyboard light turns off when the light sensor sees that there is "enough" light for you to see the keys. Mine does is too but it has never stayed on with the keyboard locked. I think that is a software glitch. If you want to try, reload the OS or a newer one. Crackberry and BBLeakes are great sites for finding the newest OS for a phone and they should each have tutorials on how to do it. Crackberry is the site I use most and they have a forum called Blackberry how-to 101. It has all the steps in reloading/updating an OS. If this work, or you don't want to try it, then I would suggest returning it since its a SW problem. Or maybe they can fix it for you. In any case, do a backup of your most important things like contacts, emails, and whatever else. Also do a backup of the memory card before sending it in.

• 2010-04-08 15:48
  • 4fLG

Wow what can I say about this phone? Well I'll start by saying its a very lovely phone and is quite ideal for teenagers as myself because this is the only bb with specified. Music keys and as you all know we teenagers love music , music is life as some ppl say.the camera is good nothing extraordinary jus good however there is no flash and this was a dissappointment but with night mode the camera quality increases . The phone is also very stylish and neat and sleek. The next downfall I found is that it was not 3g amd being a newer bb I thought it should have been 3g. The track pad was a wonderful upgrade from the annoying and troublesome trackball which overtiime begin to malfunction but with this trackball I am yet to have any problem.another probblem is that they are hardly any good free themes out the for this phone.

But overall I would give the 8520 8 out of 10 2 marks off because no 3g,flaash and because ofthe small processesor but what can I say its a curve well that's what I think of the gemini at the moment!

• 2010-04-08 11:54
  • QxpX

> In reply to New BB @ 2010-04-08 08:03 from 2AYS - click to readdude, ur bb sucks...
my one has a mind of mine, and what i mean is its backlite turns off and on through my cammand,,,

• 2010-04-08 09:41
  • K2Gg

Hello there Blackberrian/JRF or anyone who may be helpful.. My BB's backlight has a mind of it's own and turns off at it's will... I have set the backlight timeout to 20seconds and automatic dimming is turned onn, but the backlight sometimes turns off after 20seconds but sometimes it just remains onn even though the keyboard is also locked. Please help me, I got it 2 days back and dont want to give it back :(

• 2010-04-08 08:03
  • 2AYS

> In reply to shye @ 2010-04-07 20:00 from iGRC - click to readhello bro/sis..
if u want to know about E63 please help urself go to their forum..this is not the place..

n make sure that u had studied about BB..everything about it..clarify what u want n needs..u must make a good research,b4 buying this device or any BB devices..go to the nearest handfone shop n ask the retailer to give the demo set to u..n play with the device first..u must know how BB works..the system,the UI,the OS..then after that only u buy this device..

i dont want to know or hear that,after 1 or 2 days of owning this device u found that u r not suitable with it..then u come here,to this forum blaming about this device say bad thing about it..plzz im sick n tired to hear all that...that makes me piss off..so,plzz learn first..BB is a bit complicated n yet not too complex..if u get used to it,u never say no to it after that!

• 2010-04-08 05:35
  • v35v

> In reply to shye @ 2010-04-07 20:00 from iGRC - click to readDo you want to know how to use push email services on a Nokia e63? You need to install the Nokia Messaging app and setup your email accounts.

• 2010-04-08 01:40
  • LXQn

this phone promised to be fine, i am getting one this week. Also, can anybody please tell how to do push mails on e63 - nokia. Pls tell me

• 2010-04-07 20:00
  • iGRC

> In reply to safoo @ 2010-04-06 10:05 from i8wS - click to readMy dear, if you don't use the 3G services like me, then this phone is just ideal for you compared to the more expensive bold 9000 & 9700.

Since in my country (Nigeria) 3G is freaking expensive, I don't use it. Curve 8520 is da best.

• 2010-04-07 17:58
  • fuTK

> In reply to g @ 2010-04-06 15:54 from fXME - click to readHello mate

Once you go to the media center, press the menu key, you find an iption receive using bluetooth. You have to check this option everytime you want to receive something from the bluetooth.

Also switch on your bluetooth in manage connections, before you perform the above task.

Cheers

• 2010-04-07 13:43
  • vGm@

> In reply to BB 8520_ms @ 2010-04-06 16:41 from whA$ - click to readu need to download/install the FB for BB app via the bb app world or from the default app that has been installed in ur device..to do so,u need to have a BIS (blackberry internet services)..after u sign up they will upload the default apps such as ym,fb n so on to ur device..

• 2010-04-06 20:02
  • v3Ae

@G and Paul
For bluetooth you need to pair the devices. Onced saved, go to media and select either Recieve using BT or Send using BT.

For BB connection (I'm guessing internet?) you need BIS activated on your phone line. Without it you won't be able to use BB services like FB, BBM, WLM, push email and the internet will only work on wifi.

For the BB logo and "From Facebook for BB" you need to use the app, not the mobile site.

• 2010-04-06 19:24
  • LXQn

can someone help me pls.. everytym i log in fb.. i tryd to upload n update my acct.. but y is it it didnt appear dat i use my blackberry fone? only "via mobile web" appears.. while others appear as 'smartphone blackberry" i want dat also.. but how? help pls..

• 2010-04-06 16:41
  • whA$

just wanna know y i cant access BB connection? wat do i nid to do.. also bluetooth cant be access by other fone tho i cant pass some pics to dem, i cant recve from dem..

• 2010-04-06 16:21
  • whA$

can someone pls advise what's the problem witht he bluetooth, can't seem to connect to other handsets
is it only my problem or everyone with the BB is experiencing that

• 2010-04-06 15:54
  • fXME

only missing the FM..
wat up with the voice dialing that never works

• 2010-04-06 15:49
  • fXME
Total of 6701 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.