BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.2

ummmm the phone is fine could be a little better but....

• 2010-04-04 22:43
  • PvW1

after a few days not comment anything(coz busy),i finally got a chance to type something now..

JRF : since my last post i did asked u about the video thing which i cant play it in my gemini..what is the best apps to convert the video to suits the gemini format??n currently what is the best apps so far that u used in ur gemini that has been downloaded via BB apps world??

• 2010-04-04 21:57
  • v3Ax

> In reply to J Krishnan @ 2010-03-31 14:37 from utt9 - click to readwell bro,ur comment is actually annoying..i dont know y n what r ur "main reason" to post such a comment..this is my review after i had read ur post..1st,i personally think that u never had a smartfone n maybe dont have it all..n yet u said about this about that (to condemn about smartfone)..maybe u only can AFFORD buy n use a cheap handset(no matter what make it is)..OR maybe,u did buy urself a smartfone but u dont know anything baout it..that is y u dont know how to use it..then u said bad thing about haning a smartfone..next time,make a good research,know ur product well n the IMPORTANT things is plz dude i advice u LEARN ABOUT SMARTFONE but u buy it..if u dont have any idea n know about technology..dont waste time n money..so,i think now u must be more than happy rite using the cheap handset??so,let it be that way..

• 2010-04-04 21:10
  • v3Ax

Hi guys! PLEASE help, I have deleted videos in my media folder but the names of the videos is still there and when I click on them they do not play so how do I get rid of the names? Also how can I delete the history in my browser
?

• 2010-04-04 20:00
  • 3sE3

> In reply to JRF @ 2010-04-04 14:15 from 4fLF - click to readThanx again JRF, I already have the desktop manager that I got from the CD that comes with the phone installed, which is rightly version 5.0. It only has the following five options, Media, Application Loader, Backup and Restore, Device Switch Wizard and Synchronize. I can't see the one you mentioned.

• 2010-04-04 19:45
  • fsV9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-03 22:30 from LBSd - click to readHi. I think it's because the phone doesn't have flash player. What I do is I go to www.vuclip.com. You can view and download youtube videos from there in the format that is playable in this bb.

• 2010-04-04 17:27
  • Qxpq

> In reply to hopeday @ 2010-04-04 11:41 from 3sEt - click to readSure, no problem!
Since you said that you carrier already confirmed that you can tether, all you need to do is open Desktop Manager and you should see like 8 options. I have an earlier version of 5.0 but it should still be the same. One should say IP Modem. Open it and select the setup helper, which I think is the first option, and let it detect the phone. Once detected, choose the other option that should connect to the internet. There should also be an option for you to stay connected after closing Desktop Manager. This should be all, sorry it isn't really clear as I just woke up and am writing this from my phone, without looking at the laptop. Plus I've never done it before :) I just remember a video I saw on my carriers website about this. Happy Easter to you as well.

• 2010-04-04 14:15
  • 4fLF

TO JRF,

I forgot to put name, I don't use anonymous. Pls I need to connect my phone to pc, my carrier confirm I have 1GB monthly. Thank you again.

• 2010-04-04 11:41
  • 3sEt

TO JRF,

First I want to thank you for your assistance as regards changing my carrier, I got it done under 24hrs. I read from the past where u said this phone can be used as a modem if supported by one's carrier. Mine does support because I have been able to browse on pc by putting my sim in a modem. Now I have the BB desktop software on my system but I can not see any link on software window that can connect me to internet. Can you pls tell me step by step what I should do, thank you and happy easter.

• 2010-04-04 11:33
  • 3sEt

I really like BB 8520. The trackpad is great -- it's something new for me though. I've nothing to complain about the camera coz it's ok for a phone. The keyboard is good since I have small fingers. What I don't like about this phone is that it's a fingerprint magnet. That's why I gmasked it. :) Now it's perfect! :)

• 2010-04-04 05:12
  • vaPI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-03 22:30 from LBSd - click to readGo to menu>options>advanced options>TCP/IP. Make sure your APN option is filled out. If not, get you phone service provider to set it up for you.

• 2010-04-04 00:34
  • LXQn

> In reply to supershine @ 2010-04-03 18:16 from P@cf - click to readAs a Blackberry,the 8520 does everything that other ones do. This budget BB only lacks a flash for the camera, has only a 2MP fix focused camera,doesn't have GPS and has the average screen resolution. The screen is nice but there definitely is a difference when put next to a Bold or 8900. I don't consider 3G a budget thing because most of BB's GSM devices aren't 3G, just the 2 Bolds. For a teen, well it depends on your needs. If you are into apps and games, look else where. If you are more of a fan of chat, email, texting and light web surfing, then yeah its a great device. You should already be aware that in order to take full advantage of a Blackberry you need BIS activated. If you don't want to get it, you won't be able to use the main services (push email, social networking like Facebook, or chat). Only use a few apps that run through wifi. The reason for this is because all those services run through RIM's servers and only get pushed to you if you have a BIS account. I personally have really enjoyed this phone for the past 4 and a half months. My previous phone (nokia n85) was very buggy. I still miss it's camera but other than that, the 8520 is perfect for me. If I ever wanted to play cool 3D apps, I'll get an iPod.

• 2010-04-04 00:32
  • LXQn

why cant youtube work?? can someone plzz help me....to watch videos or clips

• 2010-04-03 22:30
  • LBSd

can u install Google maps on it?

• 2010-04-03 20:36
  • 2@s{

is it really good? i need confirmation guys because i'm about to buy a new phone. i need HONEST comments, is it okay for a teenager? does it funtion like the other bb's(well maybe for few applications)

• 2010-04-03 18:16
  • P@cf

BB 8520 is a 'berry' cool phone! :)

• 2010-04-03 17:35
  • t7rY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-02 23:18 from nGvI - click to readGo for it. It's low on budget, but a really cool BB. I've been using mine for about a week now and honestlty, I don't regert buying it.

• 2010-04-03 12:32
  • fXKw

I have been looking at this phone for ages. I think it looks like a really nice phone. Guys, should i buy it? Give me some good points about it!
:D

• 2010-04-02 23:18
  • nGvI

> In reply to Scottuk @ 2010-04-02 17:12 from M3s@ - click to readof coz it can bro..in fact a cheap nokia also can play youtube..

• 2010-04-02 20:20
  • v3D0
Total of 6667 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.