BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.2

> In reply to supershine @ 2010-04-03 18:16 from P@cf - click to readAs a Blackberry,the 8520 does everything that other ones do. This budget BB only lacks a flash for the camera, has only a 2MP fix focused camera,doesn't have GPS and has the average screen resolution. The screen is nice but there definitely is a difference when put next to a Bold or 8900. I don't consider 3G a budget thing because most of BB's GSM devices aren't 3G, just the 2 Bolds. For a teen, well it depends on your needs. If you are into apps and games, look else where. If you are more of a fan of chat, email, texting and light web surfing, then yeah its a great device. You should already be aware that in order to take full advantage of a Blackberry you need BIS activated. If you don't want to get it, you won't be able to use the main services (push email, social networking like Facebook, or chat). Only use a few apps that run through wifi. The reason for this is because all those services run through RIM's servers and only get pushed to you if you have a BIS account. I personally have really enjoyed this phone for the past 4 and a half months. My previous phone (nokia n85) was very buggy. I still miss it's camera but other than that, the 8520 is perfect for me. If I ever wanted to play cool 3D apps, I'll get an iPod.

• 2010-04-04 00:32
  • LXQn

why cant youtube work?? can someone plzz help me....to watch videos or clips

• 2010-04-03 22:30
  • LBSd

can u install Google maps on it?

• 2010-04-03 20:36
  • 2@s{

is it really good? i need confirmation guys because i'm about to buy a new phone. i need HONEST comments, is it okay for a teenager? does it funtion like the other bb's(well maybe for few applications)

• 2010-04-03 18:16
  • P@cf

BB 8520 is a 'berry' cool phone! :)

• 2010-04-03 17:35
  • t7rY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-02 23:18 from nGvI - click to readGo for it. It's low on budget, but a really cool BB. I've been using mine for about a week now and honestlty, I don't regert buying it.

• 2010-04-03 12:32
  • fXKw

I have been looking at this phone for ages. I think it looks like a really nice phone. Guys, should i buy it? Give me some good points about it!
:D

• 2010-04-02 23:18
  • nGvI

> In reply to Scottuk @ 2010-04-02 17:12 from M3s@ - click to readof coz it can bro..in fact a cheap nokia also can play youtube..

• 2010-04-02 20:20
  • v3D0

Can you watch youtube videos on this phone?

• 2010-04-02 17:12
  • M3s@

> In reply to hopeday @ 2010-04-02 10:42 from fsV9 - click to readYou should be able to, you just need to make sure the PIN number has been released from your carrier's data base. They should do it for you. Once you get the PIN released you should be able to go to the other carrier and ask if the PIN can be registered. Hopefully it can, and it should.

• 2010-04-02 16:03
  • LXQn

i am desperate to get this phone every single person i know (except about 8 people) have that phone and they are always chatting and sending e-mails in the middle of nowhere and its still works!!

• 2010-04-02 14:56
  • 04@S

> In reply to sagar @ 2010-04-01 21:59 from t@xn - click to readThanks a lot. I synchronized with it with Microsoft outlook on my laptop and it worked. How could I have forgotten to do thins? Cheers.

• 2010-04-02 13:56
  • fXKB

Help me BB ppl. I already have BIS from a provider but not please with their service so I want to switch to another carrier that also offer BIS, will I be able to have a new subscription from another provider with the same phone. Pls I need to know this, thank you in advance.

• 2010-04-02 10:42
  • fsV9

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-04-01 21:47 from v3BE - click to readI'm not exactly sure of the resolution for a Blackberry phone, but I put in .mp4 from youtube and supposedly you can watch divx/xvid videos which I think are .avi videos. I use a video converter for ipods to convert the videos to mp4. But mostly I download them directly from youtube using Mozilla Firefox and an add-on called Download Helper. When watching a vid, I select download and choose the one that says (HQ18).

• 2010-04-02 00:06
  • QxpX

Hi ppl...Are you thinking of buying this phone?,well what are you waiting for?....go for it,its sleek,smart,intelligent and unique.Once u go black you aint gonna go back!! (**,)

• 2010-04-01 22:26
  • fjAB

> In reply to sagar @ 2010-04-01 22:02 from t@xn - click to readhowever if i am using firewall....i am not able to net at times....so i want a gud antivirus which i can install

• 2010-04-01 22:06
  • w0%x

> In reply to Prabhu @ 2010-04-01 17:18 from w0%x - click to readuse unlimited, dont worry about any virus all BB comes with good firewall protection

• 2010-04-01 22:02
  • t@xn

> In reply to Ayo @ 2010-03-31 08:45 from fuTK - click to readu can either use google sync from your old phone to ur new phone or u can export the contacts to ur outlook contacts and from there again on to ur BB through the desktop manager.

• 2010-04-01 21:59
  • t@xn

@JRF
bro,actually what vid format that can be played in gemini??i try to install .flv but cant play at all..also only certain movie clip can played in my gemini..others cannot..y is that huh?

• 2010-04-01 21:47
  • v3BE

> In reply to Amitabh @ 2010-04-01 02:44 from TS7B - click to readdude,
well..i dont know y u having this kind of prob..but for ur peace of mind better check back with the shop where u bought the device..maybe something wrong..coz mine is superb bro..huhu..

• 2010-04-01 20:09
  • v3BE
Total of 6655 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.