BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.3

this is gona be my second blackberry!! An personaly I love B.Bs.they are very reliable an easy to use..lyke others say..it may not have GPS or ect..but there are many many kinds of B.Bs so you jus have to pic the one that fits you.an that has the stuff that you use in your everyday life.SO YES I RECOMEND you buyn a blackerry..

• 2010-04-11 18:19
  • IXqc

Using this phone from 3 months...

~ Well, the phone has a poor battery,
can't even stand for 24 hrs with moderate callin n sms'ing

~ Keypad a bit hard to press...
~ The Wi-fi Range not the strongest as compared to peer brands.
~ Trackpad is awesome
~ sunlight legibility quite gud.

Totally value dominated phone....

• 2010-04-11 08:54
  • ut0E

how long do u use your phone 4? the B.B. cos im interested in buying one but i use my phone continuously....

• 2010-04-11 00:41
  • fXY6

sweet.. is my first BB. i love it much :)
the cons that i face from this phone are without GPS and low battery life[i'm a heavry user]. otherwise, it consider perfect for me.
go for it. recommented.

• 2010-04-10 20:42
  • ib1$

Will this phone work in Costa Rica need UMTS-850 or GSM 1800. Any help greatly appreciated

• 2010-04-10 18:56
  • PtKg

hi .. i am thnkng to buy a music phone among blackberry 8520 nd sony yari
plz tel ..which phone should i buy ?
thnks

• 2010-04-10 17:58
  • vGUB

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-04-09 22:01 from v3A6 - click to readi also cant download whats app because my country (Oman) isnt listed :(....I want to install it to chat with i-phone

• 2010-04-10 07:28
  • i8wS

> In reply to amit @ 2010-04-09 19:35 from ut$Q - click to readWell. Yes it can store unlimited amount a messages

• 2010-04-10 06:00
  • 4fLI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-09 16:26 from tWhe - click to readwell,first u need to sign up for the BIS (blackberry internet service)with ur network provider..this is for the internet access n have the ability to use n get all the benefits that u should have from ur device..if u didn't sign up for the BIS,u cant access to the internet n cant download any important applications..yes,this device has wifi for u to access the internet but u only can check emails(no push emails support) n u can use the FB(but only in the mobile site)..after they have activate ur BIS,then the system will upload the default features such as ym,FB n so on under one folder..u just install it in ur device n nahh,u can use it already..but for the apps world..at first,i also cant download the BB apps world due to my country (malaysia) doesn't listed in the list of the country that available to download it(thats about 3months ago)..but now(i think about 2weeks b4),we in malaysia can download the BB app world from the default browser to our device..now,im more happy with my device coz i can easily seek for what apps that i like n install it to my device..i think for this moment,maybe it is not available yet in ur country..be patient ok bro..

• 2010-04-09 22:01
  • v3A6

> In reply to mashy @ 2010-04-08 18:01 from Qxp0 - click to readu mean it can store a lots of isn't it?

• 2010-04-09 19:35
  • ut$Q

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-04-06 20:02 from v3Ae - click to readpls help.. how to download App world? it says "sorry, ur device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support facebook" is it bcoz my country is not listed? am frm phil.

• 2010-04-09 16:26
  • tWhe

I need to know, does it have the chinese language on it?? I have a friend who needs it to have chinese writing etc. Any one who knows for 1005 certain please let me know.
Thanks

• 2010-04-09 09:07
  • PBhv

> In reply to New BB @ 2010-04-08 08:03 from 2AYS - click to readi think it's due to the light around you, if the light sources around you is bright it will get dimmer if its dark it will be brighter, for the comfort of your eyes

• 2010-04-08 18:49
  • uH$2

> In reply to ami @ 2010-04-08 16:59 from utxV - click to readWell I can tell u u won't be running out of space anytime soon!

• 2010-04-08 18:01
  • Qxp0

i just want to ask how much sms u can store in ur inbox becoz i am leaving my phone becoz of low message capacity.

• 2010-04-08 16:59
  • utxV

> In reply to New BB @ 2010-04-08 08:03 from 2AYS - click to readWell, the keyboard light turns off when the light sensor sees that there is "enough" light for you to see the keys. Mine does is too but it has never stayed on with the keyboard locked. I think that is a software glitch. If you want to try, reload the OS or a newer one. Crackberry and BBLeakes are great sites for finding the newest OS for a phone and they should each have tutorials on how to do it. Crackberry is the site I use most and they have a forum called Blackberry how-to 101. It has all the steps in reloading/updating an OS. If this work, or you don't want to try it, then I would suggest returning it since its a SW problem. Or maybe they can fix it for you. In any case, do a backup of your most important things like contacts, emails, and whatever else. Also do a backup of the memory card before sending it in.

• 2010-04-08 15:48
  • 4fLG

Wow what can I say about this phone? Well I'll start by saying its a very lovely phone and is quite ideal for teenagers as myself because this is the only bb with specified. Music keys and as you all know we teenagers love music , music is life as some ppl say.the camera is good nothing extraordinary jus good however there is no flash and this was a dissappointment but with night mode the camera quality increases . The phone is also very stylish and neat and sleek. The next downfall I found is that it was not 3g amd being a newer bb I thought it should have been 3g. The track pad was a wonderful upgrade from the annoying and troublesome trackball which overtiime begin to malfunction but with this trackball I am yet to have any problem.another probblem is that they are hardly any good free themes out the for this phone.

But overall I would give the 8520 8 out of 10 2 marks off because no 3g,flaash and because ofthe small processesor but what can I say its a curve well that's what I think of the gemini at the moment!

• 2010-04-08 11:54
  • QxpX

> In reply to New BB @ 2010-04-08 08:03 from 2AYS - click to readdude, ur bb sucks...
my one has a mind of mine, and what i mean is its backlite turns off and on through my cammand,,,

• 2010-04-08 09:41
  • K2Gg

Hello there Blackberrian/JRF or anyone who may be helpful.. My BB's backlight has a mind of it's own and turns off at it's will... I have set the backlight timeout to 20seconds and automatic dimming is turned onn, but the backlight sometimes turns off after 20seconds but sometimes it just remains onn even though the keyboard is also locked. Please help me, I got it 2 days back and dont want to give it back :(

• 2010-04-08 08:03
  • 2AYS

> In reply to shye @ 2010-04-07 20:00 from iGRC - click to readhello bro/sis..
if u want to know about E63 please help urself go to their forum..this is not the place..

n make sure that u had studied about BB..everything about it..clarify what u want n needs..u must make a good research,b4 buying this device or any BB devices..go to the nearest handfone shop n ask the retailer to give the demo set to u..n play with the device first..u must know how BB works..the system,the UI,the OS..then after that only u buy this device..

i dont want to know or hear that,after 1 or 2 days of owning this device u found that u r not suitable with it..then u come here,to this forum blaming about this device say bad thing about it..plzz im sick n tired to hear all that...that makes me piss off..so,plzz learn first..BB is a bit complicated n yet not too complex..if u get used to it,u never say no to it after that!

• 2010-04-08 05:35
  • v35v
Total of 6711 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.