7710 compare 6630, which is the best?
I’d say that 6630 has more advanced symbian and 1.3 digital zoom is really good… on the other hand 7710 is Nokia’s first Touch screen phone, and has FM radio, which is very jazzy. But it’s not a handy phone, either working with touch screen or stylus need a bit of a practice and not very user friendly, I still don’t know how to format 7710, you can do a reset with 6630 really fast, 3 * green works in it. Bottom line if you want a fancy flashy looking phone but not knowing how to use it properly (Including yourself) 7710 is the choice but if you need phones with advance features with almost all type of third party software support 6630’s the phone for you.
There are many many bugs in 7710, and only storage memory is more not ram, so mobile is very slow when not running any applications also, and when using web browser the mobile just hangs dead and then the web crashes.
Thank you Delta! I also think that touching the touchscreen with your fingers isn't very well for the touchscreen. But I'm almost sure that I take this phone with my new contract. It's a very good chose, is it?
Tim, Stylus is that sort of pen that is used to interact with a touch screen. most people use their fingers. But i dont think it is very healthy, especially on a fragile thing like a screen of a mobile.
These are the answers to ur questions in the same order..
4)Not applicable(I mean, cannot change covers in 7710)
I see a couple of people talking about ''stylus'', what s stylus?
can someone tell me that?
To SCS, I like 7710 and intend to buy one, but I need some information such as 1) baterry power when standby (in hour)..?, 2) sensivity of touchsceen without stylus..?, 3)Connection with wireless earphone..? 4)Changeable casing..? 5)integration with PC..? could you help me,pls...thx
To all who are in a confusion..
I have listed the pros and cons of this phone which i personally felt after using this.
> > Pros:
1)great browsing abilities..i am able to visit and download almost all the
sites.i was really amazed by this feature in this phone.I mean the
entire website(as it is) gets downloaded to this phone without problems.
2)great entertainments..(both MP3 and Video
3)The user interface is very good.
4)The camera is so good.the pictures are very clear.The video clarity is
also acceptable when compared to 6600 or K700 or other phones.
5)the handwriting recognition works very well.
6)Battery power is very good(except when u r browsing)
7)above all the screen is excellant(mild and pleasent) for the wall papers
u tend to have.it is as good to watch still pictures in this phone
and is comparable to watching still pictures in a PC.(I was really
8) Very good connectivity with the PC.(S/W is good).
> > Cons:
1)Making a call is really difficult.U have to take the stylus then and
2)The sound loudness in the earphones is poor.(but very good directly from
3)No PDF reader..But is expected very soon from some third party vendor.
4)No antivirus s/w available.
> > Overall impression:
1)Excellant(worth for every penny spent on this phone.)
2)My rating to this phone: (8.5/10)
3)A very good sexy phone.
Different people may have different opinions about the phone.I had been using this phone for around 15 days..until this no problems faced. The problems are in a few phones which were got in November and in the beginning of december 04. So nothing to worry to get this phone..It absolutely rocks!!!!
2 good guy
i was in between imate jam an nokia 7710,,,, after extreme reseach lol i realised imate jam has about 30% of the features this 7710 has...... now its in between 7710 an SE P910,, ummmm,, , any opinions on tht one ppl
I'm waiting for the European Release of this phone. Finland made phones ought to be better since they would have a revision of the software that was released form china factory.
shall i buy this fone or imate JAM?
if any body has an oringial 7710 plz tell us ur opinion
I am to confused to buy this phone, m i die hard Nokia user, but so much contradictory statements for this phone confuse me. Ne atual user of 7710 please help
3 months ago.
Most likely, you are holding a proto type.
Sure got lots of problems.
If you can, get one official launch 7710.
BOTTOM-LINE: This phone is extremely buggy and filled with problems.
I have been using this phone for about 3 months on a daily basis. Unfortunately, I will soon swap to a new phone. There are just too many problems:
1. Battery. The battery life is extremely short. The battery will run out in about 18 hours on stand-by. Why? See #2.
2. Constant light show. When you lock the keypad, the phone screen will turn off. Good. But here's the bad part: at random times, it will come back on, and stay on. As such, I have sometimes woken up in the night only to find the phone brightly lit up, and draining the battery.
3. Startup. Trying to get the phone to start is a pain -- it takes me at least 4 minutes to actually get the phone to work where I can dial a number. The start up is incredibly slow.
4. Email. Opening an email takes 1-3 minutes. This is NOT due to downloading (as the email is already downloaded). Sometimes the phone locks up entirely, and you must restart, when you try to read email.
5. Web browser. The web browser is unusable. Scrolling complex pages will often totally crash the phone... requiring restart.
6. Charging. Try to charge when the battery is dead and you will not be able to start the phone, or turn off the screen (which will lightup, with nothing displaying). Must wait at least 10 minutes before the screen will finally go dark.
7. Camera. Picture quality is good, but the camera ergonomics are terrible. To take a picture, you must either remove the stylus and hit "capture" on the screen (annoying); or you must use the left-side button to take it (requiring your left hand)... this is not intuitive, as most camera buttons are on the right. Saving the picture will take about 1 minute after you take it, thus basically making it pointless to try to grab 2 pictures quickly.
I would avoid this phone. It is overpriced and VERY SLOW and the battery issue is just unacceptable.